PDA

View Full Version : I totally just...



JenniferNoel
March 27th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Lit one of the front left pencil-width sections of my hair on fire with my lighter. I put it out nice and quick but why, oh why, did I not pull that strand up with the rest.
It's minimal damage, it was towards the bottom of the front (may have pics up in a couple hours, camera out of order).
The breeze made it fall from the 'do I was sporting that day.
I guess I have to be pretty thorough with these shorter strands up in the front which I was complaining about on here about a week ago. I mean... I have common sense... but it can't all be perfect, right?
I'm not mad... it's just... the whole situation is kinda funny. :p
It could have been way worse. I could have had all of my hair down and the whole thing blow up in a catastrophic explosion which could very well have deep fried my brain.
So bottom line, unlucky, but lucky. Moral... it could always be worse.
It was a good scare though. :disco:

little_cherry
March 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Mmm deep fried brain- stop it, you're making me hungry here!
Kidding of course. :D

So sorry to hear about your hair! Something similar actually happened to me quite a few years ago- back when I was using hairspray on grown out fringe. I was at a club and someone was playing with a lighter- long story short, I lost my widows peak completely. It never grew back, but with castor oil, it's coming back slowly.

I'm so glad that you didn't burn all your hair off!

jera
March 27th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Aw, at least you didn't have any flammable product in your hair. That would've been so much worse. I understand how you feel though. We've all had stupid hair accicdents. You're not alone. :o

RavennaNight
March 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yeesh! Thank goodnes you're okay. This reminds me of when I used to use a product by SoftSheen to straighten my hair. It came in an orange pump bottle and applied like lotion to wet hair to help straighten (I know) and it said to keep hair away from open flames because the product was flammable:bigeyes:. I never used much as it was very heavy but still, could have been disasterous because I used to smoke back then too.

curlylocks85
March 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I am just glad you are okay.

peachykeen42
March 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I did this once and didnt know it was on fire right away and my friends watched it burn before telling me. lol. Nice friends I had as a teenager.

ninelifewriter5
March 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Woah! Thank goodness you're alright! That would definitely be a scare. Having my hair caught on fire is one of my worst fears. Lucky you didn't have it all out.

Bethie
March 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I did this once and didnt know it was on fire right away and my friends watched it burn before telling me. lol. Nice friends I had as a teenager.
Our friends must be related, because mine did the same thing. However my hair caught on fire in Chem.

I am glad you are okay JenniferNoel

Anje
March 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Heh... my first thought was, "well, why'd you do that?" Glad to know it didn't cause much damage or traumatize you.

Then again, I'm the girl who fairly regularly notices that the hairs on her arm have evidently been singed. Probably by reaching over the bunsen burner, though I often don't notice at the time. Probably a strong reason for me to keep my hair bunned at work!

Rennire
March 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Oh I feel your pain! Last week I leaned over to blow out a candle and one of my side braids swung down into the flame. It didn't cause too much damage to my hair but now I am super paranoid that my hair is going to catch on fire! =P
At least we learned from a little mistake instead of a big disaster!

hmmm
March 28th, 2010, 12:17 AM
This same thing happened to me once, when I'd started out smoking. It was an interesting experience.

MissMandyElizab
March 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Ouch!!!!! Glad your ok ....but how did your lighter get your hair?

Keep It Flowin
March 28th, 2010, 12:33 AM
In HS I had bangs and while attempting to hot box a VW bug with a couple friends I was laying in the back seat and lazily lit the pipe unbeknown-st to me singing my bangs!

Robbi Dehlinger
March 28th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Yikes! Be Careful!!!!!!!!!

Nae
March 28th, 2010, 03:19 PM
That would have given me a heart attack! I am so glad you are okay!

JaclynBailey
March 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Oh! That really stinks! Thank goodness it wasn't worse!

I did this once before! It is actually one of the things I don't miss about smoking!

Arctic_Mama
March 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
It's great you dirt accidentally pull a Michael Jackson and get a severe burn! Hair goes up SO quickly, but products make it worse.

Lesson learned, always tuck hair behind your ears when using a lighter!

nycstar
March 28th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Good to know you're ok hun! Be careful.

beez1717
March 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
That is not as bad as my MOM. She lit some trash on fire as you did in days past and fwoom!!!! There went her eyebrows!!!