PDA

View Full Version : Cassia question for my mom

GrowAlready
March 27th, 2010, 10:13 AM
My mom has beautiful former dishwater blonde but now greyish hair. It is short but she is trying to grow it out. She is discovering that it is very wavy now that she has more body (I think grey hair is thicker than blonde) but the back is very brittle. She uses biotin, and sleeps on satin pillowcases she made. I convinced her to get some cassia instead of cutting her hair. She doesn't want a lot of color though as she likes her hair color. How would I get a nice gloss and added heaviness without a lot of color?

little_cherry
March 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
With cassia, she won't get much colour- it will just brighten up her natural hair colour and stain her silvers blond. I've heard of some cassia users mixing cassia with conditioner like a henna gloss to get a gradual tint.

Check out this very useful thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406
:)

MonikaHa
March 27th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Cassia stained my faded out white-ish, blondish hair a nice golden color. Right after I rinsed it out it looked very yellow, but now, after about a week, it is very subtle.
I recommend it.

GrowAlready
March 27th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Ok, I see. I just read on the big thread about how it fades over time unlike henna. Thank you ladies so much. I think I will use chamomile tea because I don't think her hair will handle vinegar well. Thank you so much for your help.