PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to LHC?

simplysnuggle
March 27th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Soo I just realized in 10 days I have more than 50 posts!!! This is pretty crazy considering I'm not a big forum person... or at least wasn't lol. :drama::cheer: At least it's a healthy addiction...right?

Debra83
March 27th, 2010, 12:27 AM
It just keeps getting better from there!!!! I would have thought the craze would have died out for me by now, but every spare minute I can, I'm here. And believe me, there are not a lot of spare minutes.

As of right now, I'm averaging 115 posts every month since I joined.

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 12:30 AM
This community is extremely addictive to me because it's about something that I'm passionate about... not to mention that hair to me (all my life) has been like a limb to me. I am happy that I came upon this site and adore the interactions I've had so far. Everyone is so awesome and supportive!

Fethenwen
March 27th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Yep, definitely the most addictive forum I've ever visited. As soon as I sit in front of the computer I visit LHC :D even if I did not intend too. Like just now. Damn.

Gumball
March 27th, 2010, 01:09 AM
The addiction... Yeah it never really goes away. Withdrawal is really bad, too. This place is one of my main online locales and it's just a toolbar button away (Firefox woo).

Princess Kitti
March 27th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Definitely addictive! There's not only great hair advice, but all kinds of support for lots of different problems as well! When I first started I only followed the mane forum, but now I have ventured into the other discussion boards, I spend more time here than anywhere else on the net :)

Loreley
March 27th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I'm addicted, too! I don't post much but read the forums a lot. :p

jera
March 27th, 2010, 01:28 AM
This community is extremely addictive to me because it's about something that I'm passionate about... not to mention that hair to me (all my life) has been like a limb to me. I am happy that I came upon this site and adore the interactions I've had so far. Everyone is so awesome and supportive!

Me too. Hair has been a lifelong love and passion of mine and as much a part of me as my heart, so I'm thoroughly addicted to LHC. :D

tcheney91
March 27th, 2010, 02:33 AM
If you were going to be addicted to anything, let it be LHC! Ever since I discovered the knowledge here, I've felt addicted too!

Sunny_side_up
March 27th, 2010, 03:45 AM
:D Just put some more pics in the album, most days im visiting the site, posts have defo added up too:)

Purdy Bear
March 27th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Im like a kid in a Candy/Sweet shop, there is so much to read and learn I just dont know where to go first. :)

Annitta
March 27th, 2010, 04:24 AM
I've been reading it hours a day for months before I joined. This is my first post, I'm shy. Too bad i can't see any profiles due to lack of posts. I would really love to see the beautiful hairs to inspire me on my hair growing journey! :)

FrannyG
March 27th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I joined LHC the day I found it, but I thought that I would be to shy to really post much. I was worried that I wouldn't get my 100 post, which was required, along with 60 days, to see the photo journals at the old board.

Now some 6500 posts later.... well, yes, it is addictive. :o

electrocutions
March 27th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Not quite "addicted" yet, but I can already assure you that I'm starting to get sucked in to the conversations and threads here. The momentum is definitely picking up, and I'm sure with more reading, knowledge and posting, I'll be inevitably addicted. :wink:

oceanwoman111
March 27th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I'm addicted. When I first found LHC, I was on constantly, learning and trying everything I could. CO, ACV, Castor Oil, Less frequent washes, new brushes and Combs. My BF kept laughing "Are you on that hair site again?" Lately, its calmed down a bit though. I do check in everyday. I think what makes LHC such a great forum is the supportive nature of the members. There are so many great people here with gorgeous hair and so much amazing information. :thumbsup:

Hana
March 27th, 2010, 08:37 AM
*puts up hand*

guilty as charged! the people here are lovely, SO much information, and its all good stuff for the benefit of mankind, as far as im concerned! :D

I've remembered a lot of stuff I forgot, I've learned so much more and I'm still learning! Heres to many more years.

JenniferNoel
March 27th, 2010, 08:38 AM
LHC is the only non-mandatory site I visit online other than youtube for music and certain videos. It's worth while to read and post here.
Not just for hair health either, everything is helpful and informative on the site.
A big thanks to everyone on the boards for establishing such a marvelous and helpful community!

Atalanta
March 27th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Haha! I have 41 posts and I've been here somthing like 5 days! :rollin: I just noticed! It's weird what you don't notice when your learning about haircare!

For a while I was a major lurker.

Hay22
March 27th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I rarely post, but I've been addicted for over a year. At least it's cheaper than other things you could be addicted to (unless all of the beautiful hairtoy photos make you want to shop...)

cmnt831
March 27th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I don't typically post on forums these days - just read, if that - and I thought that's what I would primarily be doing here, too. But everyone here is so friendly and maybe I'm more concerned about my hair than I thought, and I've gotten quite chatty - as evidenced by my post count - which I rarely ever do on online forums. :D

rags
March 27th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I kept thinking that once I got over the 'newbie" stage I wouldn't post as much. But you make such great friends here, and this is such a wonderful place. Definetly addicted!

Oh, just don't hang out too much in the Accessories section if you're susceptible. I am constantly discovering new hairtoys there! :o

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
When I first joined, I was mesmerized at all of the subjects related to hair, and how to treat it, what to do, and what not to do. I was lost at first, and I didn't make it out of the "mane" forum until a few days later LOL.

Hello everyone, my name is YellowChariot. . . I've been an LHC'er for 8 months now. . . the first week I had an eye strain. . . the second week, I had a massive headache. . . then it just continued. . . j/k lol ;)

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I wasn't a forum person either before I found this place. Now 4 years later, you can see how much time I spend here! (lots) :gabigrin)

sibiryachka
March 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM
DBF calls me "crackhead". :rolleyes:

NuclearMosquito
March 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I had to come back after a years-long hiatus. That's the draw of LHC I suppose!

RoseRedDead
March 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the addiction is pretty bad. I keep coming back for more... :P

Themyst
March 27th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I think you can thank the great mod crew for keeping it civil around here, too. That's a big part of it.

Something was getting on my nerves, so I found that I needed a break a couple of months ago. I stayed away for a while. Then I got sick with a bad seasonal cold and sinus infection on top of that recently, so I found myself not feeling bad enough to be in bed, but weak enough not to be able to do much else than sit in front of my computer ... so here I am, addicted again! It doesn't hurt to take a break for a while if something/someone starts getting on your nerves. I had read about other members doing it and always thought it was kind of silly - but then went through it myself. It's amazing how a little walk away break can affect your perspective (and keep you out of trouble at the same time). :)

pinchbeck
March 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
There are times when I am on here a lot, than other times I let days go by without even logging in. There is so much useful information and so many posts that it would take forever to get through them all. One can get blurry eyed after a while!

pinchbeck
March 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hello everyone, my name is YellowChariot. . . I've been an LHC'er for 8 months now. . . the first week I had an eye strain. . . the second week, I had a massive headache. . . then it just continued. . . j/k lol ;)Eye strain, headache, blurry eyes, and nodding off to sleep are all afflictions attributed to reading too many LHC posts. :gabigrin:

princessp
March 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'm addicted. I joined around the same time you did :D

jaine
March 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I like it too, hair tips are fun but I especially enjoy the semi-private/semi-public nature of blogging here ... it's more fun than writing in a paper journal because I can get comments, but it's not a totally public blog that every random person in the world can read so I feel comfortable being honest. It's very relaxing at the end of the day to write about whatever was on my mind even if no one reads it. :D Hair tips are fun too but my hair is on the back burner mentally since there's nothing I can do to make it grow any faster!

Mindfields
March 27th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Although I've just joined, I've been reading for around five months for about a half hour per day. So it's safe to say I have a head start. :guns:

Cailie
March 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I've been reading for a while and I completely love LHC.

The tolerance to diversity and uniqueness of everyone's needs, personnality and goals (which varies greatly) is just amazing. I like the absence of "cliques" building against each other (or if there is any, I haven't noticed and I appreciate that)

And, I have to say, the hair-related knowledge, general curiosity & openmindness is astonishing !!

little_cherry
March 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Nah! I'm not addicted to LHC! What ever gave you that idea? *hides post count and join date*

That didn't work, did it? :P

simplysnuggle
March 27th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone, my name is YellowChariot. . . I've been an LHC'er for 8 months now. . . the first week I had an eye strain. . . the second week, I had a massive headache. . . then it just continued. . . j/k lol ;)

HAHA yellowchariot!

It's good to know i'm not the only addicted one!

we need to start a LHC anonymous lol

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I've been reading it hours a day for months before I joined. This is my first post, I'm shy. Too bad i can't see any profiles due to lack of posts. I would really love to see the beautiful hairs to inspire me on my hair growing journey! :)

Oh Annitta, don't be shy!! We're a friendly lot here. When you see a thread that interests you, post a comment and before you know it you'll be able to see the profiles and pictures and such. :flowers:

Pixna
March 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Addicted??? Who, me??? :tongue:

Nae
March 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Actually, I keep looking at my number of posts and wondering why it isn't higher since I seem to be on here ALL the time. Eesh!

Juneii
March 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
it is most certainly a healthy addiction - I learned much more than just about hair here - much that made a positive impact on my life :]

I am more of a lurker than a poster, but i do like to give tidbits of my opinion every once in a while. I think I am on LHC more than 1 1/2 hours a day

beez1717
March 28th, 2010, 04:03 PM
That's nothing. I post from my phone while at my grandmas!!! She doesn't have internet connection yet the place we are staying does!!!

Pumpkin
March 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I love LHC. As far as I am concerned, I believe it a very open and supportive place to be online. LHC is the only forum I visit. :)

Capybara
March 28th, 2010, 07:19 PM
It's rare that an addiction can be viewed as something positive. But, LHC is such a supportive community, centered around a topic in which so many people want/need help, that it's completely positive!

Maybe, healthy interest in a topic? Either way, I'm hooked on it!

GlassEyes
March 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I'm less addicted than I was, honestly, and thankful for it.

restourceful
March 28th, 2010, 07:50 PM
*stands in front of group*

Hi, my name is restourceful. I'm a LHC addict. :waving:

I'm a part of the blabberfingers bunch since I'm racking up posts in short order.:cheese:

julliams
March 28th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I was addicted but I have taken some time off and I think it has been for the better. I have learnt to listen - not only to members, but most importantly to my hair. At the end of the day, what works for me won't work for everyone and so I should not be trying something simply because it works well for someone else.

At the end of the day I love being able to share my interest with others who are also interested because most of my friends would be bored if I talked about hair with them as much as I actually want to.

I also love that I can post a problem and have it answered within the hour. That is brilliant!

yellowchariot
March 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
*stands in front of group*

Hi, my name is restourceful. I'm a LHC addict. :waving:

I'm a part of the blabberfingers bunch since I'm racking up posts in short order.:cheese:

^ :laugh:

restourceful, the key is once you get used to having an eyestrain, then you can read threads, and post more :D lol

missmandy
March 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I love LHC!!!!! Especially since everyone here is so nice!!!! It's great!!!!!

restourceful
March 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
YC, I'm catchin' up to you, my fellow blabberfingers and posting mentor!:cheese:

Beets
March 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Yea, I'm on here more often than is good for my housework or my sleep.

yellowchariot
March 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM
YC, I'm catchin' up to you, my fellow blabberfingers and posting mentor!:cheese:

"As fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me" :run:

Yea, I'm on here more often than is good for my housework or my sleep.

Beets, I actually blame LHC, for my lack of guitar skills! nah j/k :tongue:

restourceful
March 29th, 2010, 06:30 PM
"As fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me" :run:

Hahahaha! :rollin: I guess I am kinda outta my league! :bowtome:

EdG
March 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I probably spend more time on LHC than any other website. :D
Ed

geosangel
March 31st, 2010, 09:29 PM
If I could be as interested/passionate about my schoolwork as I am this site and haircare, my homework would be done all the time and I'd easily have A's. :pNot to say I'm a bad student, and I like school, but for some reason I can learn things on here after only seeing them once, and remember them quickly. I try hard to do that with my classes, and the knowledge just doesn't stick the same way. :rolleyes: Its ok though because I tend to use this as a reward for when I get my work done:D

MandyBeth
March 31st, 2010, 09:32 PM
I do love wasting my work day here.... But I know soon we will pick back up (oh it's gotten a bit of a kick start already) and I will disappear into nothingness until December rolls around....

Aquamarine
March 31st, 2010, 09:52 PM
I'm officially addicted to the LHC! Although I don't post much, I spend like 4-5 hours a day just lurking around.:D Imagine how hard it is for me to manage my homework and school stuff with my addiction:o

Lately, I'm giving myself some LHC rewards like "If I complete my math homework, I get to check out the albums" or something like that. But trust me it's really hard to keep away from this forum.:p;)

pennyroyal
March 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM
i would definitley say I'm addicted! i especially love looking at everyone's pics of their beautiful hair! it inspires me. :p