PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very fed up about my hair

Gilly
March 26th, 2010, 11:37 PM
I am really fed up with my hair:shakehead:
After my visit to the hairdressers last week, I thought I was ok with the fact that its growing a bit slower in a small area, Today though I got Hubby to check just how bad it was, I even made him video it so I could see it to be sure. I coloured my hair a month ago today and have got a good 1/2 inch of regrowth (great!:rolleyes:) but from just below the crown area of my head and all down the back I have NO REGROWTH AT ALL!:shakehead:.
I am so upset by this, I now know why I can't grow my hair long, the top, front and sides are fine its just the back. Anybody have any suggestions?

ravenreed
March 27th, 2010, 12:13 AM
My hair grows at different rates too. After about 6 weeks, one side will be noticeably longer than the other. It is one reason that I don't fret about frequent trims, it keeps everything even.

Debra83
March 27th, 2010, 12:14 AM
try head massages with coconut oil every night and if you wash daily, leave on overnight and wash out in the morning.

Debra83
March 27th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Also, do you take any supplements?

Gilly
March 27th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I take a multivitamin daily (as long as I remember)but that's about it.
I did try DE a while back and got some growth but again it was not all over, I was thinnking if taking MSM would help.

jera
March 27th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I take a multivitamin daily (as long as I remember)but that's about it.
I did try DE a while back and got some growth but again it was not all over, I was thinnking if taking MSM would help.

You don't mention biotin or any of the amino acids. Perhaps those would help you. :)

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Dear OP:
Don't get frustrated.... as another poster mentioned, your hair will not necessarily regrow at the same rate throughout your head. Someone mentioned multivitamins (definitely do this if you are not). A diet of high protein (you don't have to be a carnivore to do this, dark greens and legumes will give you the protein you need to give your hair the right stuff). Be patient... your hair is growing (you may want to stop paying so much attention to it). Good luck!

hanne jensen
March 27th, 2010, 02:55 AM
If you're really impatient, check out the monostat thread. If you're sqeamish about putting antifungal cream on your scalp there's another thread about castor oil and hair growth.

Good luck and happy growing!

Purdy Bear
March 27th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Iv found a few things help me:

1. Massaging the scalp (no oils just with my fingers) twice a day.

2. Using a warm flannel on my head.

3. Balayam ( you rub your nails with your other hands nails).

Be careful though one of the last two really affected my allergies.

countryhopper
March 27th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Iv found a few things help me:

1. Massaging the scalp (no oils just with my fingers) twice a day.

2. Using a warm flannel on my head.

3. Balayam ( you rub your nails with your other hands nails).

Be careful though one of the last two really affected my allergies.

question: what do you do with the flannel? (sorry if that should be obvious! :D ) And what is balayam and how does that help with hair growth? (ok, that's TWO questions!:D :D )

Also, I just wanted to add that we're just coming out of winter (at least in this part of the world!), and many people's hair grows much slower during the cold months. It's possible your hair is still "hibernating" but will start growing faster with the warmer weather.

Gilly
March 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Also, I just wanted to add that we're just coming out of winter (at least in this part of the world!), and many people's hair grows much slower during the cold months. It's possible your hair is still "hibernating" but will start growing faster with the warmer weather.

I can't blame the winter, I am in Australia and we have just come out of our summer:rolleyes: If it grows any slower in our winter it will start growing inwards!

jera
March 28th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Balayam ( you rub your nails with your other hands nails).

I've never met anyone else who did that but me. Haha. :p

vindo
March 28th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Hm..noone asked this?

Are you ill by any chance? Or could you have any undiscovered illness? Maybe an endocrinolgist could help?

Hair is the first to be affected during illness, its the least important to the body.

Gilly
March 28th, 2010, 01:32 PM
As far as I am aware I am OK healthwise.
Its growing ok everywhere else its just the back (from crown down) the top, front and sides are all growing at normal rates.
I am not keen on going to the doctor as the first thing they always want to do is draw blood and I am so terrified that they usually give up as they can't get any out!
I obviously try and avoid this level of stress as much as possible as my heart rate will go beyond 180 just sitting in the waiting room!

vindo
March 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, trust me I resent going to the Doctors because thats what I have been doing all my youth. I'm just never healthy.
But I would also not be as good as I'm now if I would have avoided Doctors.
Maybe find a way to cope wit a Doctors visit...someone to calm you down, even calming drops are permitted. All they need is a bit of blood and they can tell you much more.

Hair growing at an uneven rate, almost in patches just sounds too suspicious. My hair loss made me aware of something much bigger and I'm just grateful it was found and I can be helped.

Hope you find something that works for you!:flower: