PDA

View Full Version : after a year im finally seeing progress!

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
so I straightened my hair today. I barely ever straighten my hair anymore. And I notice that theres a tiny 2-3 inch chunk in the back of my head. I freaked, I was like "who cut my hair while I was sleeping?"
And I continue straightening my hair. I notice tons of little 2-3 inch hairs sticking out all over the place. Then I remember reading about new hair growth on this forum somewhere so I thought maybe that was it. I'd hate to think my hair was breaking off. I've been taking much better care of myself and my hair. I barely ever comb it anymore, I just let it sit in its natural state.
heres the hairs

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/tittytarf/Picture063.jpg
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/tittytarf/Picture064.jpg

One new thing I've done to take better care of myself is I started taking my vitamins. I've been anemic for so long and I finally started taking my iron pills a few months ago. Now I take a multivitamin and some hair, skin, and nails vitamins.

my hairline is improving because I already had a huge forehead but it seemed to be getting bigger?

this was my hair before in its thin pathetic looking self a few months ago
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs218.snc3/22536_1184207605053_1224147355_30403150_2945000_n. jpg

and here it is in its natural state yesterday
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs495.ash1/27051_1233595599722_1224147355_30492057_1474310_n. jpg

I do believe Im finally seeing progress. Now all I have to do is let it grow! :D

little_cherry
March 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Yay for the new regrowth! Your hair looks gorgeous both straight and curly! It looks like it is in beautiful condition! :)

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
thanks :) its been a long process but I've learned all the right stuff to do with my hair here

CrisDee
March 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Wow, what a difference! Congratulations on your healthy new head of hair :flower:

Hana
March 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM
the second photo looks stunning. :D I'm happy for you that you're seeing progress!

Pumpkin
March 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I, too, am happy that you are seeing progress!! :) Your hair looks great straight or curly.

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
and here it is straight today http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/tittytarf/Picture065-1.jpg

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
oh thnx for all the compliments everybody! :D

nycstar
March 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM
You look lovely! My suggestion to you is stop dying my hair. I see some red dye and that may be the culprit. I don't know too much about new hair growth and losing hair.. though we lose lots of hair naturally on a daily basis.

nycstar
March 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
oops... stop dying *you* hair not *my* hair hahaha.. (sorry about that... I don't dye my hair at all) :)

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 05:03 PM
yea I forgot to mention I no longer use chemical dyes, I henna :)

curlylocks85
March 26th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Your hair is very pretty. I would say that you are definitely growing new hair. I have that too. You are doing everything right.

Xandergrammy
March 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yep, those are baby hairs and your curls are so gorgeous I can't even imagine why you would ever want to straighten your hair. :inlove:

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I straightened it for no particular reason at all, except maybe because I was bored and it can keep my hair neat for a few days. If I go a few days without washing or combing my hair, the curls get misshapen and start sticking out all over the place

Shicurls
March 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM
That is lovely new growth and your hair is beautiful! It looks like your hairline has filled in and your hair is so shiny and healthy looking!! Yay!

Juliannaissance
March 26th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Wow I love your curly hair! it looks so soft and shiny! Congrats on the new growth! :)

ukuleleclaire
March 27th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Your hair is beautiful! It definitely looks fuller in the second picture, I love your curls.

Felix_D
March 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM
So lovely! The curls are not only beautiful, they make you look more beautiful as well. Congrats. :)

Annitta
March 27th, 2010, 05:08 AM
I agree with Xandergrammy, your hair looks nice straight but even more so with your natural curls!

Ravenne
March 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Wow! That is such a dramatic change! Your now-hair looks spectacular! Curls definitely suit you. :D

And yeah, it looks like new growth at the hairline. I hope so anyway, cuz I have the same thing in the same spot. :p

lesbia
March 27th, 2010, 09:49 AM
there is an enormous difference! congratulations :)

Garnet66
March 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM
You've definately had some good progress. Your hair looks great and the curls are beautiful.

dropinthebucket
March 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
talecon, that's an amazing difference!! please, please tell me what you did for the hairline - mine has been thinning out a bit and receding in spots, too - i already take care of my hair, but there's still that hairline problem, and you have solved it! you have growth! how did you do it? that's so awesome, congrats! and the henna doesn't seem to have relaxed your curl at all, that's fab. :)

deko
March 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
The curls look so much better than straight, and your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

emmabovary
March 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Omg, you and your hair look so beautiful! :D I prefer it curly, but straight looks good too.

talecon
March 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
talecon, that's an amazing difference!! please, please tell me what you did for the hairline - mine has been thinning out a bit and receding in spots, too - i already take care of my hair, but there's still that hairline problem, and you have solved it! you have growth! how did you do it? that's so awesome, congrats! and the henna doesn't seem to have relaxed your curl at all, that's fab. :)

so I've been taking my vitamins AND I try to massage my scalp every night before bed. I don't know if the massaging helps but I read it's supposed to *shrugs*
I know for the most part it has to have something to do with the vitamins though because my diet is sucky and the vitamins help ensure I get all the minerals I need. If your inside is healthy it'll show on the outside. So in all i barely wash or comb my hair I do a hot oil treatment once every 2 weeks, I henna, I use a wide tooth comb when I actually do comb, I take supplements and do scalp massages every night, everything I've learned from being addicted to LHC :p

Gilraen
March 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
What a difference! You can really see that all the work you put in is paying off!

Isilme
March 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Your natural texture looks a million times better than the straight hair!:D Lovely! Really, you have done great to improve your hair.

oceanwoman111
April 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Talecon, I'm so glad that you posted this thread!! You're hair looks stunning! So inspiring. I have exactly the same thing at my hairline. There are a lot of wispy baby type hairs especially at the corners. I woke up last night and looked in the mirror and was freaked out because I thought it was all breakage. I thought how can this be possible? I'm taking better care of my hair than I ever have, thanks to the hair care tips on this site. Taking multivitamins, doing rosemary scalp massage, not dyeing, eating healthy. Wow, it hasn't been in vain. Thank you so much!! :)