PDA

View Full Version : You know it's time to trim when..

JessTheMess
March 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
your split end has splits that have splits that have splits.....:o

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2933&pictureid=67692

I think I saw 8 splits on one hair....amazing....

melrose1985
March 26th, 2010, 01:32 PM
THAT IS SOOOO CREEPY!!!

I had the very tip of one hair that i noticed four splits.

myrrhmaiden
March 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I've got them. Sometimes I save them because they have managed to split in ways that just amaze me. You're not alone!

CindyLea1
March 26th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Mine are doing that too. I think it has been all the winter sweaters and jackets rubbing it all over the place. I'm going to attempt doing a trim on mine this weekend, too many to just S&D.

curlylocks85
March 26th, 2010, 01:40 PM
That is crazy! :disbelief

Cailie
March 26th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I've seen those too !! Most I found was 9 splits on one hair strand !!!

(good thing I don't seen them anymore... but still, it's quite impressive !)

JenniferNoel
March 26th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Ouch. I don't recall ever getting one of those, but that's a little freaky. :run:

Merewen
March 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I've never counted the splits, but it's crazy what you find sometime! Sometimes I don't know how that particular hair hasn't completely disintegrated.

Arctic_Mama
March 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Wow! I think the most I've seen is four splits branching off the bottom of one hair! A little s&d might be in order at that point :lol:

talecon
March 26th, 2010, 02:32 PM
lol the most I've seen was 3 splits in one hair

Isilme
March 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM
a windblown tree or a one sided christmas tree? I get those too. And the single splits that's just very very long.

Themyst
March 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I've found them like that, too. I've also found two faerie knots on the same strand - how's that for creepy? I was going to save it and snap a picture but I lost the hair.

tralalalara
March 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I found one that looked like a feather at the end, so I leaned over to my sister to show her, but it broke off when i pointed at it.

I decided it was trim time. :lol:

Sunny_side_up
March 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Today my workmate looked through her heavily layered bsl hair found several multi splits and proceeded to peel and pinch the endsshudder:'you could invest in a really sharp pair of scissors and do mini trims' fell on deaf ears

MandyBeth
March 26th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Today my workmate looked through her heavily layered bsl hair found several multi splits and proceeded to peel and pinch the endsshudder:'you could invest in a really sharp pair of scissors and do mini trims' fell on deaf ears

Eeeepppp! I do admit to yanking the hair out sometimes, but I don't pick at the ends.....

Copasetic
March 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I've had hairs with so many splits it was hard to count. Those hairs are so freaky. Sometimes I think about saving them.

Forever_Sophie
March 26th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I remember finding the odd hair like that when I was in University, you're not alone!

Bethie
March 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM
That looks like of freaky. Is it strange that I'm kind of looking forward to being able to see my split ends without having them cut off first?

Juliannaissance
March 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
That happens to me sometimes..I like to look at the various forms of splits that my hair seems to make. So interesting! :D

Juliannaissance
March 26th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I found one that looked like a feather at the end, so I leaned over to my sister to show her, but it broke off when i pointed at it.

I decided it was trim time. :lol:
Hahaha! That happened to me a few times. :p

GoddesJourney
March 26th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Mine does that too. They look like little antenae. :)

satindesire
March 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I don't get a lot of split ends, thankfully, but I certainly know when it's time when they start feeling...kind of crispy and dry, you know?

ravenreed
March 26th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I get terrible split ends. I keep up on the S & D's so they are not as feathery as they used to be and the ones I get are fairly rare. However, now I am getting weird crimped or bent ends in the last inch or so. I have been clipping them too because they don't seem to go away on their own, even after wetting. *sigh*

sally_neuf
March 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I think it was spidermom who, in another thread, said something about it, like, when your hair splits so many times and it just doesn't break, is because you must have a hell of a strong hair!!

so congratulations :O !

Heavenly Locks
March 26th, 2010, 09:01 PM
it looks like a spider leg! :tmi:

Syaoransbear
March 26th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I once had a split like that with 21 or 24 splits. I can't remember which number it was. It was pretty sweet, and I actually saved it for a few weeks before I lost it.

habioku
March 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I know those split ends too. But I can beat this :lol:, my hairs sometimes make split HOLES:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8120/spli.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/spli.jpg/)

-j-
March 27th, 2010, 05:51 AM
^
I have had split holes, too!

I know it´s time to get a trim when ends get stucked with each other and tangle. Well ok, maybe those 8 x splits are a sign, too... :)

Annitta
March 27th, 2010, 06:46 AM
For me it's time to trim when the ends don't feel smooth anymore. I could never actually '"see" a split end. And i really try, even on others. :p

I've seen broken ends, i supose...shorter hairs along the lenght that aren't layers, nor seem to be new growth because of the dryness. But in my own hair i can only detect the "feel factor".

Carolyn
March 27th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Oh yeah. I get those a lot. Those and a lot of other variations. I'm used to seeing them. I've had long hair for years and it's always been split prone. We used to have a chart with all the types of splits. I have it but I'm not using the computer I had it saved on, or I'd post it. It was pretty funny.

Annitta
March 27th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I remember that chart, i learned a lot with it. But the only split i actually saw in real life was that one that looked like a letter z over and over.

JessTheMess
March 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I totally forgot I made this thread:o whoopsy!!!!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with funky splits :)
I think I may do a good SMT treatment and trim 1/2"
The extra cold and snowy winter we experienced has taken a toll on my strands

atlantaz3
March 29th, 2010, 08:42 AM
:shrug:I don't tend to see the splits that are multi split. But sometimes I have ends that look like they have exploded. I haven't figured out what I'm doing to cause that either. I'm hoping bunning while out will help. (Although the dh has asked me several times why I think this is helpful...

missmandy
March 29th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I've had a bunch of those before.... Ugggghhhhh they make me feel sick. :/

Naturelover
March 29th, 2010, 09:23 AM
No split ends for me at the moment, but yes, I can relate to them.

adiapalic
March 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I've found one like that before. Looks like a bug-leg! :D

Johanna
March 29th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Wow! I havent seen a split like that on my own hair for a while. When I had virgin hair I found more splits like that. I guess it could be that it can withstand more punsihment than the chemical treated hair.

freckles
March 30th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I get feather splits and split holes too! All the time. Hate my split-prone hair :(

Kiraela
March 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM
JessTheMess: are you sure you're not starting to grow feathers? :p

rachelily
March 30th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Ahhh I had this happen once too! It makes me worry, a lot. I was trimming my split ends yesterday and one was split into four.

elina333
March 31st, 2010, 04:40 AM
Uuuhhh I've had those too... :shudder: I get so disgusted when I find splits that are "more than just ONE split". Somehow it really gets to me...