PDA

View Full Version : Post #1000. . . is this so?!

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 11:01 AM
About 8 months ago, if someone were to tell me that I would have posted 1000 times on a hair forum, I would have laughed at them!

I've tried to grow my hair out 3 times. Each time I got a little bit further than the previous attempt. However, I really never knew what I was doing. Then I would cut it all off for various reasons.

This attempt makes the 3rd, and the "3rd time's a charm". I've learned a ton of info since I've joined, and my hair is healthier now, than what it has ever been. Also with the tips, tricks, and advice that I've gathered on the threads, it now appears much thicker/fuller, than before. I'm just slightly past APL, as one person measure for me, with her fingers, I am in-between my shoulder blades. I'm currently aiming for around 30 inches, which might be what you all consider BSL.

I want to thank everyone who has given me advice, tips, compliments, uploaded video tutorials, and opinions! All of this has helped me achieve the hair I have today! I appreciate it very much!

Peace out! Rock on! :thumbsup:

MandyBeth
March 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah!!!! Tho' it took you this long to get to 1,000 posts??? :D

Phalaenopsis
March 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Congratulations, yellowchariot! :) I think you were fast, it took me more than a year to get there.

Gumball
March 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Good going! The best way to get posts without noticing is to not pay attention to where your count is at. Haha. Now all that's left is for you to wait until the month your guruhood gets rolling!

melrose1985
March 26th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Kudos on the 1000 posts- You blabber fingers!

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah!!!! Tho' it took you this long to get to 1,000 posts??? :D

^ Sorry MandyBeth, I'm not a blabber mouth like you! :D ;)

Congratulations, yellowchariot! :) I think you were fast, it took me more than a year to get there.

I really didn't pay attention to my post count! I just posted whenever I felt like I need to run my mouth! LOL

*Holds up the BMA, then takes a bow*

Good going! The best way to get posts without noticing is to not pay attention to where your count is at. Haha. Now all that's left is for you to wait until the month your guruhood gets rolling!

What exactly is "guruhood"? I've seen it mentioned on the forums but what exactly does it do?

rach
March 26th, 2010, 11:10 AM
:cheese::disco::happydance:1000:happydance::disco: :cheese:
Congratulations

marikamt
March 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Congrats YC!

BrightEyes7
March 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Congrats!!

I still have quite a way to go!

Gumball
March 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
You get the option of a fancy new title and a select few more privileges. You can check it out on the post count thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657). You also officially get minions!

little_cherry
March 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Congrats!! Blabbermouth ;)
I can't talk, though ;)

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Kudos on the 1000 posts- You blabber fingers!

:cheese::disco::happydance:1000:happydance::disco: :cheese:
Congratulations

Congrats YC!

Congrats!!

I still have quite a way to go!

^ Thanks! All of you! There are some really great members here with excellent advice! Listen to them, and soon you will become a Jedi Hair Knight :luke:

(not saying that I am, but. . . I learned from the best :D)

You get the option of a fancy new title and a select few more privileges. You can check it out on the post count thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657). You also officially get minions!

Thanks for that link Gumball! On August 4th, 2010, I will recieve "guruhood", is that correct? Will I also be able to set on the Jedi Masters Council then?! :magic:

BTW: Will I have to perform a complex updo to show my skills as well?!

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Congrats!! Blabbermouth ;)
I can't talk, though ;)

^ What do you mean? Your almost half way there!

whiteisle
March 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Woohoo!! Congratulations!!! :D

little_cherry
March 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
^ What do you mean? Your almost half way there!
Almost ;) I was just teasing ya, of course, to hide my own blabbermouthness..... :o
:D

MandyBeth
March 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
^ Sorry MandyBeth, I'm not a blabber mouth like you! :D ;)

I really didn't pay attention to my post count! I just posted whenever I felt like I need to run my mouth! LOL

I am NOT a blabber mouth. At all! I can go days without speaking to more than 3 people.

Blabber fingers however is a different discussion.

Umm, post count? What's that again?

But anyways, I think this calls for some dancing cheese!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Merewen
March 26th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Whooo hooo! Be sure to use your minions wisely. Wait, are minions MEANT to be used wisely?

Yeesha
March 26th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Congratulations! :D
:cheese:

Ryanne
March 26th, 2010, 12:08 PM
:D Congrats!

Isa-belle
March 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Congrats on reaching 1000 posts, yellowchariot! :)

Angela_Rose
March 26th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Congratulations! I am ...so...close... I've been here almost three years and am nine posts from my thousandth... AND guruhood! Woo!

Cailie
March 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Congratulations !!! :cheese:

Bene
March 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Huh. And I thought I was a blabber fingers.

Ravenwaves 88
March 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Wow.....I joined only one month after you and I'm not even close to that. I'll probably be like Angela Rose and be here for years before I get that #1000.

CONGRATS!

SheaLynne
March 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Wow...congrats! I joined a month before you and I haven't even hit a hundred yet!! LOL

And congrats on finding what you needed to grow your best hair...it is amazing, isn't it?

restourceful
March 26th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I guess I need to just follow you around and post right after you to get my post count up, huh? ;) You should probably count me in the blabberfingers category since I've only been here since December and I'm at 383.

Do you get to choose your minions? And whose minion am I? I didn't know there were minions in this forum. :shrug:

Pixna
March 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Rock on, YellowChariot!!! :rockerdud

I'm aiming for my 4,000th post. I'm aiming for BSL, too (and beyond).

Yay for you!!!!!! :joy:

ETA: Oops! :oops: I'm already past 4,000. Guess I talk more than I realized! :smirk:

sibiryachka
March 26th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Congratulations! And thanks for the perspective check; I'd been thinking I'm a disgraceful blabberfingers, but now that it's occurred to me to compare myself to others... Wow. I am only an egg.

LaurelSpring
March 26th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Congratulations!! It took me a year and half to get to 1000. I was sooo excited. :eek:

Liss
March 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Yay for your 1000th post! Are you going to celebrate with some cheese? :cheese: Sending you a dancing banana and in the words of the guru himself - those braids are awesome, rock on! :disco:

Hay22
March 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Make that 1,003 posts! :D That makes me feel like such a slacker!

justgreen
March 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I would have baked you a cake, but I forgot to turn the oven on, and then you know what happens with cake batter sitting there on the counter....

Anyway, congrats and welcome to guru-hood, may you use your products with joy and may the tangle monster never find your house.

justy
xoxo

JessTheMess
March 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

myrrhmaiden
March 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Wow! Congrats to you! Now you just need to think of something clever to put down under your username. :P

ravenreed
March 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Gratz on 1000. Welcome to the chatterbox club.

camara
March 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Congratulations on 1000 posts.

It is amazing what one can learn here, isn´t it? :)

cmnt831
March 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, congrats, yellowchariot! That's quite an accomplishment, both for hair condition and - uh - lots of chattering. May you have continued hair health and many friends to keep on chattering with. :flower:

dropinthebucket
March 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM
There are minions up for grabs? Too awesome! :pumpkin:

(dropinthebucket suspects she is one of the minions) tee hee

Tangerine
March 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Yay on your 1,000 posts, yellowchariot! You are such a great and fun member of this community. :)

Xandergrammy
March 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Congratulations! Those posts have a way of sneaking up on you, for sure!

deko
March 26th, 2010, 02:26 PM
BTW: Will I have to perform a complex updo to show my skills as well?!
Absolutely! There will be test and it won't be a multible choice :D

Congratulations! You have fast fingers ;)

jera
March 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Congrats and cheese !!

Beaglebuddy
March 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Just sneaking a congratulations in! I have been here for 5 years and I am not even half way there!:o

Spring
March 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I am NOT a blabber mouth. At all! I can go days without speaking to more than 3 people.

Blabber fingers however is a different discussion.

Umm, post count? What's that again?

But anyways, I think this calls for some dancing cheese!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

:rollin: :laugh:

Congrats Yellowchariot!!

Paniscus
March 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats!!! I've been here a bit longer than you (ha) and still have not achieved this status... you apparently have more than me to say :-)

LHC is so much more than just a hair forum though, eh? I've been to other forums, and this place really rocks. For the most part, people tend to respect eachother and get along well. So different from other forums I've been on.

And for the cutting.. whew, so many times I've thought about whacking it all off, and all I have to do is log on and get so much inspiration to keep growing! And then, if I need warm fuzzies or just some fun diversion, it's all here!

Sorry-- just tooting the LHC horn for a bit. One day, I'll hit 1000. It may just take me a bit longer.

ETA: Just realized, it may not take me as long as I thought.. lol 891- woot!

paperwhite
March 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get there sometime before my hair decides to stop growing :p

...I just swatted at the cursor on my screen rather violently because I thought it was a bug... Maybe I should step away from the computer for a while... :silly:

simplysnuggle
March 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM
:cheer:YAY CONGRATS!!!:cheer:

serious
March 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Congratulations!!!:cheese:

I often feel like I'm never going to get there...

CrisDee
March 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
:cheer: Congratulations!! What inspirational rockin words of wisdom will you choose for your title? Can't wait to see :disco:

EdG
March 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Congratulations yellowchariot on both the posts and the hair. :cheese:
Ed

curlylocks85
March 26th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Post on YellowChariot! :rockerdud

Oskimosa
March 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Alright! Congrats :D

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Whooo hooo! Be sure to use your minions wisely. Wait, are minions MEANT to be used wisely?

^ I really don't know how to use minions?!

Congratulations!

Thanks Yeesha!

Congrats!

Thanks Ryanne

Congrats on reaching 1000 posts, yellowchariot!

Isa-belle, your tutorials helped me out a lot thanks a bunch!

Congratulations! I am ...so...close... I've been here almost three years and am nine posts from my thousandth... AND guruhood! Woo!

^ You've been slack'n Angela_Rose! Where I'm a guy, I ask a lot of questions because I really didn't know what I was doing LOL!

Congratulations !!!

Thanks Cailie

Huh. And I thought I was a blabber fingers.

^ You still are Bene!

Wow.....I joined only one month after you and I'm not even close to that. I'll probably be like Angela Rose and be here for years before I get that #1000.

CONGRATS!

lol Ravenwaves, as I told Angela Rose, I had to have help because hair was fairly a new subject for me, especially maintaining it, due to the length I am at currently.

Wow...congrats! I joined a month before you and I haven't even hit a hundred yet!! LOL

And congrats on finding what you needed to grow your best hair...it is amazing, isn't it?

It is SheaLynne, thank you. I do feel awkward for posting this much!

I guess I need to just follow you around and post right after you to get my post count up, huh? You should probably count me in the blabberfingers category since I've only been here since December and I'm at 383.

Do you get to choose your minions? And whose minion am I? I didn't know there were minions in this forum.

restourceful, just follow my posts, and agree to everything I say, and amen me, you'll be up there in no time! haha

Rock on, YellowChariot!!!

I'm aiming for my 4,000th post. I'm aiming for BSL, too (and beyond).

Yay for you!!!!!!

ETA: Oops! I'm already past 4,000. Guess I talk more than I realized!

Pixna, I literally busted out laughing as soon as I read this, then looked over to see that you were past 4040 LOL

Congratulations! And thanks for the perspective check; I'd been thinking I'm a disgraceful blabberfingers, but now that it's occurred to me to compare myself to others... Wow. I am only an egg.

sibiryachka, that title belongs to me, how dare you try and take it away! J/K lol
If you are "only an egg", then I am the chicken! Muhuhaha!

Congratulations!! It took me a year and half to get to 1000. I was sooo excited. :eek:

LaurelSpring, most of my posts were asking what everything was, when I first started out!

Yay for your 1000th post! Are you going to celebrate with some cheese? Sending you a dancing banana and in the words of the guru himself - those braids are awesome, rock on! :disco:
Thanks much, Liss! I'll take some cheese! Thanks for the banana also! I give braid credit to the members here for helping me.

Make that 1,003 posts! :D That makes me feel like such a slacker!

Hey Hay22, sometimes those who don't post very much know more, than those who post too often! I'm proof of that! hehe

Well, I would have baked you a cake, but I forgot to turn the oven on, and then you know what happens with cake batter sitting there on the counter....

Anyway, congrats and welcome to guru-hood, may you use your products with joy and may the tangle monster never find your house.

justy
xoxo

I really appreciate the thought of it justgreen! BTW I subscribed to your youtube account! I haven't achieved guru yet, I think that happens on Aug 4th, 2010? I've been here for about 8 months.

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks JessTheMess, I'm going to need some storage space for all of this cheese everybody is giving me!

Wow! Congrats to you! Now you just need to think of something clever to put down under your username. :P

myrrhmaiden, hopefully I will have plenty of time to think of something after the 365 day period is up!

Gratz on 1000. Welcome to the chatterbox club.

ravenreed, thank you for inducting me in!

Congratulations on 1000 posts.

It is amazing what one can learn here, isnīt it?

camara, it truly is! I've even made a youtube channel to help out other members, with what info, tips, and tricks that I've learned from others.

Wow, congrats, yellowchariot! That's quite an accomplishment, both for hair condition and - uh - lots of chattering. May you have continued hair health and many friends to keep on chattering with.

I really appreciate that cmnt831! I've never been one to chatter. . . until I came here lol.

There are minions up for grabs? Too awesome!

(dropinthebucket suspects she is one of the minions) tee hee

dropinthebucket, exactly what are these minions that the people here speak of? Do I need to slay any or what? haha

Yay on your 1,000 posts, yellowchariot! You are such a great and fun member of this community.

Tangerine, that means a lot. When I first joined, I could tell that some members thought I was just a big ugly troll running around like an idiot! Whenever I'd post, people would run away from me screaming in horror! lol

Congratulations! Those posts have a way of sneaking up on you, for sure!

I agree Xandergrammy, especially when you misunderstand a post, it takes about 3 more posts to get un-confused! By the time you figure out what everyone is referring too, you've just racked up about 20 posts per thread lol!

Absolutely! There will be test and it won't be a multible choice

Congratulations! You have fast fingers

Uh-Oh, deko! I'm in trouble then.

*please let it be a braiding test! no more than 3 strands!* hehe

Congrats and cheese !!

Thanks for the cheese jera!

Just sneaking a congratulations in! I have been here for 5 years and I am not even half way there!

5 years is a long time, Beaglebuddy! Just as I stated before, some knowledgeable members post less, than others. Your probably a Jedi Master by now!

Congrats Yellowchariot!!

Thanks Spring!

Congrats!!! I've been here a bit longer than you (ha) and still have not achieved this status... you apparently have more than me to say :-)

LHC is so much more than just a hair forum though, eh? I've been to other forums, and this place really rocks. For the most part, people tend to respect eachother and get along well. So different from other forums I've been on.

And for the cutting.. whew, so many times I've thought about whacking it all off, and all I have to do is log on and get so much inspiration to keep growing! And then, if I need warm fuzzies or just some fun diversion, it's all here!

Sorry-- just tooting the LHC horn for a bit. One day, I'll hit 1000. It may just take me a bit longer.

ETA: Just realized, it may not take me as long as I thought.. lol 891- woot!

+1 to that!

I completely agree with you Paniscus, there is tons of inspiration here! You are close to your 1000th as well, it sneaks up on you!

Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get there sometime before my hair decides to stop growing

...I just swatted at the cursor on my screen rather violently because I thought it was a bug... Maybe I should step away from the computer for a while...

paperwhite, do you need me to call an ambulance for ya?! We don't want you going blind! Rest your eyes!

:cheer:YAY CONGRATS!!!:cheer:

Thanks for those cheerleaders, simplysuggle! haha

Congratulations!!!:cheese:

I often feel like I'm never going to get there...

I appreciate the cheese serious, my cupboard is overflowing with it!
You'll get there! I only achieve this many posts due to my ignorance lol!

:cheer: Congratulations!! What inspirational rockin words of wisdom will you choose for your title? Can't wait to see

Crisdee, thanks for the extra cheerleader! Now I have 3 cheerleaders and a ton of cheese, this had been the best day ever! lol.

I guess I'll have to wait until I've reached a full year to post a title, I'll be thinking until then!

justgreen
March 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well, in my eyes, you're a guru....you'll get some more powers in August, Bwahahahaha.

Mae
March 26th, 2010, 07:55 PM
:cookie::cookie::cake::cookie::cookie:

Congratulations! Here are some cookies and cake to celebrate! :D

GoddesJourney
March 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Whew! You type even more than I do! :D Congratulations!

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Congratulations yellowchariot on both the posts and the hair. :cheese:
Ed

Post on YellowChariot!

Alright! Congrats

Well, in my eyes, you're a guru....you'll get some more powers in August, Bwahahahaha.

Congratulations! Here are some cookies and cake to celebrate!

Whew! You type even more than I do! Congratulations!

^ Thank you all very much!

GoddesJourney, you are still a hair Jedi! :D

MissMandyElizab
March 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM
You so rock!!!!!!

shadowclaw
March 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Congrats! I'm still working on 1000, and I've been here a wee bit longer than you. Two more months and I'll have my 1 year anniversary... I hear good things happen when you reach 1 year. We'll have to celebrate again in August!

For now...

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

TammySue
March 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
All hail Yellowchariot!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/missgunnesax/minions.gif

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 10:25 PM
You so rock!!!!!!

Thanks MissMandyElizab!

Congrats! I'm still working on 1000, and I've been here a wee bit longer than you. Two more months and I'll have my 1 year anniversary... I hear good things happen when you reach 1 year. We'll have to celebrate again in August!

For now...

I appreciate it shadowclaw, what are you going to choose as your title?

All hail Yellowchariot!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/missgunnesax/minions.gif

^ Ah so those are the minions!
TammySue, you rock!

Here is a braid update that I just now done for night. I can't seem to braid all of the way down, without loosing the whole thing. I usually take one of these pics per month to see how my hair is progression:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/FrenchBraidUpdateMarch26201010.jpg?t=1269663802

justgreen
March 26th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Nice braid, I'll be over in a while so you can braid mine. I'm such a lousy braider. I can braid everyone else's hair but mine. :justy:

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Nice braid, I'll be over in a while so you can braid mine. I'm such a lousy braider. I can braid everyone else's hair but mine. :justy:

^ Sure thing!

TBH I tried a slightly different technique with this one. Usually when I braid I get those bumps on top of the crossed over sections. So what I done was only took a section about 2-3 inches from my hairline, instead of pulling it all of the way to the back on each side of my head.

I have discovered that those bumps that stick up, are actually the hairs that are closest to the middle of your head. IF you do not pull them tight enough when you crossover, then those hairs stick up close right at the point of crossover.

ericthegreat
March 26th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks MissMandyElizab!

I appreciate it shadowclaw, what are you going to choose as your title?

^ Ah so those are the minions!
TammySue, you rock!

Here is a braid update that I just now done for night. I can't seem to braid all of the way down, without loosing the whole thing. I usually take one of these pics per month to see how my hair is progression:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc166/pix50/FrenchBraidUpdateMarch26201010.jpg?t=1269663802

I wanna stab you.

Again, just kidding! :grouphug: :flower: Even I can't get a French Braid to lie evenly on my own head! I can do French Braids and even cornrows perfectly on someone else's head, but I simply can't get them done right on my own head, I always accidently create bumps. You really are good at braiding, I can't wait to see what other styles you'll learn/master in time!

Bene
March 26th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I wanna stab you.

I know, right? :rollin: I can't do a french braid at all.

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I wanna stab you.

Again, just kidding! :grouphug: :flower: Even I can't get a French Braid to lie evenly on my own head! I can do French Braids and even cornrows perfectly on someone else's head, but I simply can't get them done right on my own head, I always accidently create bumps. You really are good at braiding, I can't wait to see what other styles you'll learn/master in time!

I know, right? :rollin: I can't do a french braid at all.

^ OK people, put the knives down! I promise I'll walk you through it, step by step! :D

Bene, have you watched my tutorial vids or the other member's vids?

Eric, as I was saying earlier, try taking 2 inch deep sections from the hairline and then crossing them over, instead of pulling them all of the way back to your head.

justgreen
March 26th, 2010, 10:51 PM
^ OK people, put the knives down! I promise I'll walk you through it, step by step! :D

Eric, as I was saying earlier, try taking 2 inch deep sections from the hairline and then crossing them over, instead of pulling them all of the way back to your head.

That's what I do when I braid other folks hair. I think I'm going to have to lie on the bed with my head and hair hanging over. Someone, here I think, mentioned that's how they finally got the hang of it before their arms wore out. You've got the strog arm thing goin' on. foo.:confused:

Ok, where's the link to your vid for this?

ericthegreat
March 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM

But I'm a vicious serial killer! I can't help myself! :p

LOL, anyway I'll try your method and only cross over my sections instead of pulling them all back tightly which is what I instinctively do all the time. It probably still won't look as awesome as yours!

Bene
March 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm not putting my knife down until I can make a french braid!

Yes, I am aware that a knife in my hand would make figuring out a french braid somewhat difficult.

yellowchariot
March 26th, 2010, 11:01 PM
That's what I do when I braid other folks hair. I think I'm going to have to lie on the bed with my head and hair hanging over. Someone, here I think, mentioned that's how they finally got the hang of it before their arms wore out. You've got the strog arm thing goin' on. foo.:confused:

Ok, where's the link to your vid for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFzyx2bMhn8

You can also check out my other videos as well.

Would laying down on a bed really help? I would think that you would have to work harder trying to keep your hair separated?! I let gravity help me out :shrug:

But I'm a vicious serial killer! I can't help myself! :p

LOL, anyway I'll try your method and only cross over my sections instead of pulling them all back tightly which is what I instinctively do all the time. It probably still won't look as awesome as yours!

Actually, you do pull your sections tight or whatever you are comfortable with, just grab about 2 inches from your hair line, then add to your existing strand, pull tight, crossover, etc. . .

^ Oh and pics or it didn't happen! :D

cmnt831
March 27th, 2010, 08:32 AM

Very nice! I like the way you tied it off - that's a good idea. :)

Yeah, I'm with the stabby people.:p I still can't french braid my own hair and not from lack of trying, either. I accidentally made a french rope braid the other day. That was something.... Of course, I was trying to do a real french braid, not a hybrid thing.

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Very nice! I like the way you tied it off - that's a good idea. :)

Yeah, I'm with the stabby people.:p I still can't french braid my own hair and not from lack of trying, either. I accidentally made a french rope braid the other day. That was something.... Of course, I was trying to do a real french braid, not a hybrid thing.

cmnt831, patience is the key. It took me around 3 months to finally get it down. Just don't give up. I still struggle with a dutch (Mohawk) braid especially when I get to the bottom. I think if my hair were longer, it wouldn't be as difficult. As I reach the bottom, I can't braid as far down as I want to, because of my slim taper (I think that's what it is called?).

Pixna
March 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM

Wow!!!! :thud:

What an awesome braid -- kudos to you!!! :applause

cmnt831
March 27th, 2010, 09:34 AM
cmnt831, patience is the key. It took me around 3 months to finally get it down. Just don't give up. I still struggle with a dutch (Mohawk) braid especially when I get to the bottom. I think if my hair were longer, it wouldn't be as difficult. As I reach the bottom, I can't braid as far down as I want to, because of my slim taper (I think that's what it is called?).

That sometimes happens to me too (and my husband, as well) because some parts of my hair are longer than others (I guess? It's supposed to be one length) and I can't braid it all the way down without it fraying a bit, but I still want the ends to be protected instead of just hanging and flying everywhere. So I'll just add an extra elastic at the end like you did. :)

patience
March 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
:cheese::cheese: Congratulations! :cheese::cheese:

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Wow!!!! :thud:

What an awesome braid -- kudos to you!!! :applause

Thanks Pixna! I'm glad you don't have a knife! lol

That sometimes happens to me too (and my husband, as well) because some parts of my hair are longer than others (I guess? It's supposed to be one length) and I can't braid it all the way down without it fraying a bit, but I still want the ends to be protected instead of just hanging and flying everywhere. So I'll just add an extra elastic at the end like you did. :)

cmnt831, I also make sure that my ends are well secured, sometimes I will stop the braid at the neck, and make a banded ponytail all of the way down to the ends.

:cheese::cheese: Congratulations! :cheese::cheese:

Thank you also, patience! My cabinets are overflowing with cheese! :D I'll never run out!

camirra555
March 27th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats! I'm still a long way off

restourceful
March 27th, 2010, 04:12 PM

HEY! That's no fair! *puts hands on hips, pats foot, pokes out lower lip* Your braid looks better than mine. It's so even and I like how your sections are so nice and snug. I gotta watch your vid!
Yellowchariot, you really do some nice dos! :agree:

I accidentally made a french rope braid the other day. That was something.... Of course, I was trying to do a real french braid, not a hybrid thing.

Cmnt, I'd like to see that. I bet it's pretty. Hmm, a french rope braid. I may have to experiment and see what I come up with.

Naamah
March 27th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Congratulations! I feel like it's going to take me forever to get to 1000, I like to read more than post. :p

cmnt831
March 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Cmnt, I'd like to see that. I bet it's pretty. Hmm, a french rope braid. I may have to experiment and see what I come up with.

I'll probably try it again, but let me tell you what happened.... I did the left strand over the center, then the right strand under. I looked in the mirror only to find not the french braid I imagined, but a rope braid. Attached to my head. I'll play with it again maybe Monday and take a picture for you.:D

And yes, that's my hair in my sig. It changed.

Beaglebuddy
March 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM
That braid is so straight! My braids have so many curves and tend to veer off to left or right by the time I get to bottom!:confused: Any tips on how you get it so straight?

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
HEY! That's no fair! *puts hands on hips, pats foot, pokes out lower lip* Your braid looks better than mine. It's so even and I like how your sections are so nice and snug. I gotta watch your vid!
Yellowchariot, you really do some nice dos! :agree:

Thanks restoruceful, however your hair is much thicker and longer than mine!

Congratulations! I feel like it's going to take me forever to get to 1000, I like to read more than post. :p

Naamah, don't feel bad! Half of my posts were questions like, where can I find a restroom around here? How far is it to the nearest hair tutorial? Nah j/k

That braid is so straight! My braids have so many curves and tend to veer off to left or right by the time I get to bottom!:confused: Any tips on how you get it so straight?

Mine used to do that too. What I do, is visualize behind my head, by looking straight across the room or into the mirror and crossing the sections directly over. Be careful though, sometimes you may go cross-eyed by doing this :p!
Also use your hand/fingers to keep the braid aligned with your head, and try to always keep each hand landing back down on your head in the same position as your are moving downward. Use your ears as guidelines.

Beaglebuddy
March 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Thank you! That sounds like it would work! I tend to get near the bottom and end up pulling out from my head as I braid and I think that is why I end up all wobbly.

I am sorry I had to laugh at the ones who have threatened to stab you!

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Thank you! That sounds like it would work! I tend to get near the bottom and end up pulling out from my head as I braid and I think that is why I end up all wobbly.

I am sorry I had to laugh at the ones who have threatened to stab you!

That's ok, for laughing! I've been held hostage at fingernail point, to braid a girl's hair one time. I was set free once I was finished :D j/k!

Keep your hands closer as you get to the bottom and try to keep your head still. A big help for me, is a folding 3 way mirror, so you can actually see the sides of your head. Such as, a simple medicine cabinet. This way you can keep your head straight, your hands close to your head, and you can measure exactly the right amount of hair to rake back while you are watching it in real time. :thumbsup:

SunshineHair
March 27th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Woo Hoo over a thousand posts!!! :p

yellowchariot
March 27th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Woo Hoo over a thousand posts!!! :p

^ I know SunshineHair, don't remind me LOL j/k!

If someone also told me they thought my braiding skills were great, I'd also be laughing at them :o.

My Mama is sooo proud of me :toofers: hehe. . . actually she is. . . I braided her hair after I learned how. Her hair is THICK and down to her lower back. I thought I was in a jungle! I was sweating, I almost got lost, then I got back on the main path and finally finished. haha

Aquamarine
March 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Yay! Congratulations on 1026 posts Yellowchariot!!!:cheese::cheese:

windinherhair
March 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Yes me too, although I have been here almost a year and just reached the 1,000 posts. I know, I wish I could be on LHC a lot more. I was never on a forum or message board much until LHC so I would have never thought I'd have 1,000 posts either.... and it slipped up on me. :)

I wish you the best as you continue on your hair journey!