PDA

View Full Version : Trim Rave (Pics included)

Hay22
March 26th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Okay guys and girls, bear with me because it's my first time trying to post images in a thread! My ends needed a little shaping so I went to my stylist yesterday and I have to gush about how much I love her because I'm always thankful I found her when I read everyone elses styling horror stories (and think about my own with other stylists).

So here's my hair about a week ago, looking like it's usual self:
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/sawyer6/HairMarch10.jpg

And here's yesterday, after my deep condition, trim, and a gentle blow dry:
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/sawyer6/HayleyMarch102.jpg

She took off less than an inch and I think she did a great job. I'm always paranoid about blow drying it, but I think once every few months won't harm it too badly. I still need to take pics of how it looks today - the way it's layered makes my waves look almost curly. The only strange thing is that, when looking at the straightened pics, I realized my hair looks much darker on the bottom than the roots. Isn't it usually the other way around?

restourceful
March 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM
*ooos and ahhs*

Lovely! Your hair looks fantastic and healthy and shiny!

curlylocks85
March 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Wonderful pics. Your stylist did a great job. I think the darker color is just shadowing from the way your layes sit in your hair.

GoddesJourney
March 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Very beautiful. I would love to see that wavy picture you mentioned.

little_cherry
March 26th, 2010, 10:35 AM
You hair looks fantastic! I'm a huge fan of dusting/mini trims! They can make a whole world of difference! :)

Arctic_Mama
March 26th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Looks great! She did a wonderful job in trimming while still preserving the length.

BrightEyes7
March 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Your hair looks great!

So shiny and smooth and pretty!!! :thud:

katha
March 26th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, this is very pretty! Job well done, I'd say!

*girlypearl*
March 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Your hair looks great!!
Love the layers :)

clichepithet
March 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
!

Fluffy doggie! *grabs and squarshes and makes baby talk*

Erm, your hair is very pretty. :D :flower:

Angela_Rose
March 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Oh, wow! Such shine! Very pretty, and your ends are so neat, now!

Hay22
March 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful compliments! My doggy likes her compliment, too (or at least she wagged her tail and gave me that "Thanks for the attention, you funny human!" look)

Today I conditioned and let air dry, but I couldn't keep my hands off of it and it dried a little crazy compared to last night:

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/sawyer6/HayleyMarch104.jpg

ukuleleclaire
March 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Your hair is beautiful! If I can ask, do you use any products on your waves?

Hay22
March 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
ukeleleclaire: You can totally ask, and no, I don't. I just avoid 'cones, comb with a wide toothed comb (GENTLY!!) when my hair is still soaking wet, scrunch like crazy, then try not to touch it until after it dries. I never realized I could have waves until I stopped using products that contained dimethicone about two years ago.

ukuleleclaire
March 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
ukeleleclaire: You can totally ask, and no, I don't. I just avoid 'cones, comb with a wide toothed comb (GENTLY!!) when my hair is still soaking wet, scrunch like crazy, then try not to touch it until after it dries. I never realized I could have waves until I stopped using products that contained dimethicone about two years ago.

Thanks for the reply! I've found that cutting out the silicone has really helped my hair too, mostly because it doesn't look like a limp mess anymore.

Your pictures are beautiful - I love the shine!

Bethie
March 26th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Wow, your hair looks wonderful

Chamomile betty
March 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Very beautiful hair.
Love the shine!

mrs carol
March 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Your stylist did a great job. Your hair is so pretty.

Vianka
March 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
You have gorgeous hair. I love the color and texture!

Demetrue
March 26th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Lovely hair and great looking trim!

sophistiCat *
March 27th, 2010, 04:46 AM
wow! That trim and treatment has maed your hair look super healthy and shiny :D very nice:)

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 06:01 AM
gorgeous and healthy looking hair!

camirra555
March 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM
She did a great job. Your hair looks really healthy