PDA

View Full Version : Two Compliments in One Day!

LittleOrca
March 26th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Today I went to the coast with my mother. I kept my hair up in a ficcare most of the time since it was windy, but since I love my hair down (especially at the coast!) I let it down a few times. The first comment came while I was combing out my hair really quick in a restroom at the restaurant we were sitting in (call me weird, but if my hair was going to be down and scrutinized [at least in my mind] by everyone there, I wanted it looking nice!) and the woman at the sink next to me told me I had lovely hair and that she never had the patience to get it as long as mine. :)

The next compliment came to me as I was in line for ice cream. Hair compliment AND ice cream?! EPIC, I KNOW!!! lol So I heard them talking about something pretty. I wasn't really eves dropping since they were right behind me, but I did pick up their words. Then one of them leans around from my left and with a big grin she says, "We're just talking about your hair." I smiled and thanked her, then I kept listening, this time on purpose, to hear them say:
"It's like honey."
"I know, and look how it lays all perfect like that. Mine never did that."
"Your hair was once long?"
"Yeah, but mine would poof in this kind of weather, not behave like that hair."

Well, let's just say I had my ice cream with my head up a little higher... plus that made my hair look longer. hehehe:D

Arctic_Mama
March 26th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Compliments are the best, I agree! Congratulations on getting two in one day, that's not an easy feat :)

Milui Elenath
March 26th, 2010, 03:31 AM
That's lovely :) It's so nice to see someone post about their positive comments.

Bethie
March 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Hurray! I love hair complements, two in one day is absolutely wonderful.

Carolyn
March 26th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Oh how nice! I'm sure that made your day. I seem to get hair compliments in the ladies room too for some reason.

RavennaNight
March 26th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yay! Compliments are always awesome:) and your hair is compliment worthy!

Forever_Sophie
March 26th, 2010, 09:32 AM
That's so awesome, congrats and well deserved! :)

Pumpkin
March 26th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I know that had to make you feel so good!! :)

janeytilllie
March 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Cool! :D Congratulations
What sweet kind compliments and very well deserved. Your hair is indeed beautiful :)

ohiofritty
March 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Congratulations! You do indeed have beautiful hair :D

I got my first hair compliment in *forever* today from our receptionist as I walked into work! My hair is in double french braids and she pulled me aside to tell me:
"Your hair looks cute"
...then let me go on after a thank you :cheese:

Cute is about the best I can go for right now, one day it will be longer and praiseworthy like so many others hair here!

RecklessCharlie
March 26th, 2010, 10:10 AM
That's awesome! :) Your hair IS gorgeous, most certainly deserving of these compliments!

RedStripe
March 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hair compliment and ice cream! What a way to make your day!

GoddesJourney
March 26th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Wow! All you need is your man to cook you dinner to top that all off. It's pretty hard to beat two hair compliments AND ice cream. Nice work on the getting your hair to lay flat even in crappy weather.

Debra83
March 26th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Compliments are GREAT!!!! It's like they validate all the hard research we're doing and applying!!! :cheese: Go compliments!!!!

Beaglebuddy
March 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
LittleOrca - I am repeating myself to say your hair is gorgeous as I am sure I have posted that before. If not, it is! And your compliments well deserved.

jera
March 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats Little Orca. Two hair compliments in the same day + ice cream = heaven. :p

merryhair
March 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Yay! Ice cream + Hair compliements = sweet!:)
You totally deserve them..you have thud worthy hair!

Hana
March 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
lovely.
without wanting to sound corny, i bet it made the ice cream taste all the better! :D

BrightEyes7
March 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Gosh... that is so great. I always seem to get multiple comments on the same day. Even when I always wear my hair the same/similar.

The only thing that could have made it better would be sprinkles... did you have sprinkles? Then it would have been truly EPIC!!

AnnaMarie
March 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Two Compliments and Ice-Cream - now that is a good day! :)

redtea
March 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a good day! (and now you've made me want ice cream!) :D

curlylocks85
March 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM
How awesome, you much have felt wonderful after that. That is so cute that she came up on your left with a great big smile. :D

Xandergrammy
March 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
What a wonderful treat- two well deserved hair compliments AND ice cream in one day!!! :joy:

TiaKitty
March 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
And I bet there were people admiring your hair who were just too shy to tell you how beautiful it looked!!!

Mmmm... now I want ice cream and sprinkles... and to go to the beach!

pinchbeck
March 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
My hair isn't 'there' yet to receive compliments from strangers, but I am on the other side of compliments. I give them to strangers; I can't help it. If a longhair catches my eye I will go out of my way and chase a longhair down to let them know that what they're doing is worthwhile and wonderful (providing their hair is healthy, otherwise I stay silent).

I approached one long hair a few years ago who had almost knee length hair. I was amazed. The good thing that came out of it is I ended up dating this individual. His hair was a blanket of beauty.

LittleOrca
March 26th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the cheers :D

No, there were no sprinkles on the ice cream, but it was chocolate peanut butter, that has to count for something! :D