PDA

View Full Version : Bangs!!!

Debra83
March 25th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Cut these bangs in two days ago and took the picture then too. (?) Days are running together because I'm on vacation!!!!

Today, I'm even more used to them now, and they are "sitting" better on me AND with me!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=67581

girloctopus
March 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I like them! Did you cut them yourself?

Debra83
March 25th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I like them! Did you cut them yourself?

Yes, m'am! :D They are actually straight across, but I side swept them for the photo. I also "reversed" the image on the cell phone camera so that I could see what you see staring at me straight on instead of the mirror version.

girloctopus
March 26th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I have straight across bangs as well, with longer bits on the sides, and I love how versatile they are. I do the sideswept look as well, especially as I get closer to wash day :)

I get way more hair complements with my fringe. I adore it <3

In regards to your poll question, I had them initially cut in (wrong-ish, ugh), but I maintain them myself. I was just afraid to start them out! (although I had to fix them anyway, so whatever :p)

Aer
March 26th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I have loose flowy side bangs, I only trust my husband to cut and style them.

Heavenly Locks
March 26th, 2010, 12:38 AM
I have bangs and I trim them myself. :) When I first got them I was at a salon getting the last of my gross fried ends cut off and I asked my stylist to give me thick, blunt bangs. I've been trimming them myself ever since.

Yours look cute!

Dars
March 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I cut my own but mostly because it's SO quick and easy and I know how I like to cut them. Not really a trust issue for me, money & time wise going to a hairdresser yeah.

Bethie
March 26th, 2010, 04:49 AM
I am sure that once I am more comfortable with the idea of cutting my own hair, I will, but for now, I don't trust myself to be able to cut a straight line.

CrisDee
March 26th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Been cutting my own bangs for decades. I also cut my husband's hair, cut my kids' hair as well when they were younger. I'm now making my first attempt since the 70's at growing in my bangs, so they're not gonna get trimmed by anybody for a good long time :)

caliweri
March 26th, 2010, 05:43 AM
At the moment I&#180;m trying to grow my hair for as long as I can without trimming, but my bangs do need maintenance about once a month. It&#180;s quick and easy so I do it myself.

SpinDance
March 26th, 2010, 06:24 AM
No bangs for me. Been there, done that, too much fuss and bother, and I have a cowlick right in front. I love being able to put it all up out of my way, and bangs would prevent that, besides requiring regular trimming, styling and general upkeep. Looks great on others, but not for me.

florenonite
March 26th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I had bangs about a year ago and cut them myself; it would cost a fortune to pay someone to trim bangs every month or two!

Hay22
March 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I've never had the guts to cut them myself, so I always pop in the salon I go to and my stylist does it for free. She doesn't even have me sit down, she just says, "Lean over baby" and it takes two seconds.

Lykaios
March 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I get my trusted hairdresser to cut them. She cuts them for free (I tip her anyway, cause she's awesome) and I trust her to trim my hair. I love my bangs, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of them anytime soon.

Tap Dancer
March 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I don't have bangs, but I used to trim them back when I did. I did a better job than anyone else.

Purdy Bear
March 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I did have a bang (called a Fringe in the UK), but Im not sure if I would have one again unless I could cut them myself. I dont really trust hairdressers much, had too many experiences with bad ones.

MandaMom2Three
March 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I can't spare the thickness for bangs. If I DID, I might have bangs, but I'd need to straighten them or they'd stick out like a mustache :p. I DO like the look though, maybe I'll find some clip in bangs or something.

lunagoose
March 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Last time I had bangs was when I was 20 years old and I cried (lol). I cut them myself and they turned out wispy, wavy and uneven-a look I definitely wasn't going for.

If I ever want bangs again (not likely), I will be going to a professional and hopefully they do the job better than I did in the past, not that I trust them.

For now though, the option for me is "Pass the cheese, no bangs for me!!!"

Debra83
March 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Last time I had bangs was when I was 20 years old and I cried (lol). I cut them myself and they turned out wispy, wavy and uneven-a look I definitely wasn't going for.

If I ever want bangs again (not likely), I will be going to a professional and hopefully they do the job better than I did in the past, not that I trust them.

For now though, the option for me is "Pass the cheese, no bangs for me!!!"

:D LOL!!!!!!! :D

Debra83
March 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I can't spare the thickness for bangs. If I DID, I might have bangs, but I'd need to straighten them or they'd stick out like a mustache :p. I DO like the look though, maybe I'll find some clip in bangs or something.

Do they make such a thing?:confused: That's a good idea!!!

Debra83
March 26th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I've never had the guts to cut them myself, so I always pop in the salon I go to and my stylist does it for free. She doesn't even have me sit down, she just says, "Lean over baby" and it takes two seconds.

Wow!!! That's unreal! Never heard of that before!!! :D

FrannyG
March 26th, 2010, 04:03 PM
When I used to go to a stylist, I would get my bangs cut for free.

I grew out my bangs for about 18 months, but I've cut them again; full and blunt as in my profile pic. I cut them myself and maintain them myself, every 3-4 weeks.

Debra83
March 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
When I used to go to a stylist, I would get my bangs cut for free.

I grew out my bangs for about 18 months, but I've cut them again; full and blunt as in my profile pic. I cut them myself and maintain them myself, every 3-4 weeks.

They look very nice!