PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a real updo!!! (Pic heavy :D)

Oskimosa
March 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
So I always say I don't like doing updos, and I like my hair loose. That's halfway true; the other half is that I can't get my hair up. :( It's too thick to do anything with it that does not involve a scrunchie or 300 elastics. My hair spits pins out, and busts open elastics. Not fun. Plus its heavy. Anyway, enough whining, right? I was reading some suggestions on a thread atlantaz3 started, and tried the lazy wrap just to prove to myself I still, at almost 30 inches, couldn't do it. Aaannnd.... *drumroll*

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S6vov38HkgI/AAAAAAAAACE/UwcUwzDxejo/s400/lazywrap1.jpg

TADA!!! It barely works, but hey, its up!!! I'm so happy! So I immediately went out looking for new sticks/hairtoys and even bought....

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S6vpfgHDyuI/AAAAAAAAACQ/q9_BHqWS1wo/s400/lazywrap2.jpg

A fork! It's 4 inches and doesn't really hold extremely well, but it stays up for a while on its own so I guess with a few pins or an elastic it will support my hair. How about that! :cheese: Best $5 ever.

Second shot, falling apart, but you can see the fork better:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S6vpuOcrfVI/AAAAAAAAACs/Omp65IX0x9s/s400/lazywrap3.jpg

Then I tried my fairly new fakkare, didn't work quite as well, you can see ends popping out, but in a pinch it's nice to know I could if I wanted...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_FegEvYoeN6E/S6vp4JH1ejI/AAAAAAAAACw/MhTA0gmX-NM/s400/lazywrap4.jpg

I am pleased as punch to have done it. I tried the pencil bun; still don't have enough length for it. Turns out I had been doing that updo ALOT last time I had long hair, but it was all one length then, a bit shorter, and chemically abused so I'd not be surprised if it wasn't as thick then. Anyhow, I thought I'd spread my joy and show action shots. Finally updates my dusty "updo's" album now! :cheese:

ETA: The updo was getting ratty because I had been out and about town with it for a good 3 hours with heavy wind. That's secure to me, if it can stand that! Even drove with windows open!

Yayasmurf
March 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! Congrats :cheese:
I'm a lazy wrap lover myself. I also have thick hair and it holds well for me too.

zeldagirl7491
March 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Those hairstyles look gorgeous!

AbruptlyWanderi
March 25th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Oh wow! Your hair is very pretty, and the color! Also, it is good that you can do updos now! :D

Lorisal
March 25th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Congrats:) Your hair looks great.

pennyroyal
March 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM
your hair looks great! I cannot wait to have hair long enough to put up like that. & i am also a huge fan of "lazy" loose buns & updos!

chaoticwaves
March 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Good for you for trying it! It paid off because they all look great! :)

Ivy~Rose
March 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Congrats! I will have to try that one!

ukuleleclaire
March 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! So shiny and the color is beautiful. The updos look wonderful!

Oskimosa
March 25th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thank you so much, everyone!! I will have to practice it more, but this thing is tight and stays well. It's not loose and floppy like my other attempts have been. Almost like I could go running ;)

Luckysock
March 25th, 2010, 08:42 PM
gorgeous! your hair looks so happy and healthy too!

amoulixes
March 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Awesome! Absolutely ADORE your hair color, wow!

lillylonghair
March 25th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I have total hair envy right now. Your hair is just stunning! Congrats on getting it up too.

ali beast
March 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Oh my goodness! Your hair looks like Jessica Rabbit's, especially in your signature picture! (In a completely gorgeous way, of course!)

hanne jensen
March 26th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Fantastic! Your hair is gorgeous! Your hair color is just the color I've always dreamed of.

kelly-j
March 26th, 2010, 05:18 AM
that looks very pretty. And your hair color is amazing, like fire!

Monsterkitti
March 26th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Your hair is such a beautiful colour and so shiny! Congrats on the updo too :)

SpinDance
March 26th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Lovely! It sure is thrilling the first time an updo feels solid and doesn't just teeter and fall. :) Great job and stunning hair.

Tangerine
March 26th, 2010, 05:38 AM
You have gorgeous hair and the updos look awesome!

I also LOLed at ali beast's Jessica Rabbit comment - that's cute! :laugh:

Garnet66
March 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
That's a really pretty updo. Congrats on being able to do one. And your haircolor is stunning.

myrrhmaiden
March 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Ooooooh. Maybe your hair likes to stay out of up-dos because it is so pretty it demands to be admired! :P

Pixna
March 26th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Yay!!!!! You did a FANTASTIC job. The bun(s) look fabulous -- soft, feminine, and BIG! See? You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!! :cheer:

Savvyhorsez
March 26th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I think it looks GREAT! Congrats!

CrisDee
March 26th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Love, love LOVE your hair and your updo's! Ditto on the Jessica Rabbit - "you're not bad, you're just drawn that way" :D My hair wants to be your hair when it grows up! :flower:

nycstar
March 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM
The pics look lovely! I wish updos looked that good on me.
Enjoy!

Bethie
March 26th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Congrats on the updos, they look lovely. And I must agree your hair is Fab-U-Lous looking

Oskimosa
March 26th, 2010, 02:02 PM
:cheese: Ok I'm totally stunned by all the replies! I still haven't caught up to the fact that my hair isn't short anymore. As for the Jessica Rabbit compliment, I don't think my head will ever "swell down" from that one! :lol: She and Ariel from the Little Mermaid have always been my "idols." Seriously, don't know how my head will fit through the front door today! :D:D:D:D:D Thank you thank you thank you everyone!

habioku
March 26th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, this up-do looks amazing on you! It is so HUGE! And your hair is realy stunning, I love your color and you thickness! :D

little_cherry
March 26th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Oooh very pretty!

Xandergrammy
March 26th, 2010, 02:18 PM
:joy: Congratulations! That bun looks awesome. Your hair is gorgeous!

Cailie
March 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I love it, beautiful !!