PDA

View Full Version : Help!My Little's friend just put nail color in her hair!!!

MissMandyElizab
March 25th, 2010, 01:43 PM
My 10 year old walked home from her friends crying the girl put polish in her hair!!!! (I'm not mad at them bit worried how to get it out she dosnt want to cut it it is though al lot and dry.) And She says Mummie no pictures they will say I'm Mental !!!:cheese:

Twil
March 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Sounds like it's time to break out the vinegar :p It got gum out of my hair

SimplyViki
March 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM
If it were me, I'd try oil. It can't hurt anything, and I would imagine it might seep under the hard coat of nail polish and help loosen it. I'd try that before reaching for anything harsh and potentially damaging.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM
No need to cut, if vinegar and oil does not work, acetone would do the job :)

MandyBeth
March 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM
*advice comes from doing such a thing to myself*

Oil, then nail polish remover. The hair UNDER the polish can't be protected, but it saves the hair above the section.

MommaRalph
March 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Poor thing! If nothing else works, will peanut butter? http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/remove_gum_and_sticky_tac_from_hair

A comment on there suggests gasoline as well...

Valerie

MissMandyElizab
March 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
oil is helping but she sobbing Thanks I think I have them play at our house next time!!!!! Cheery Baby Nail color on Black hair my this is one for when she gers older to remind her . Is acetone safe on children?

Dreams_in_Pink
March 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
. Is acetone safe on children?

Did the polish go very near the scalp? As long as you don't use it on skin i think there won't be a problem. OR you can get acetone-free nail polish removers and rub the hair with it.

MandyBeth
March 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think acetone is the safest thing out there, for hair in general. Don't they use acetone to draw protein out of water-based solutions? So I think it'd do more damage to the hair.

Tho' I'm not sure that the non-acetone polish remover would be any better.

Twil
March 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Poor thing! If nothing else works, will peanut butter? http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/remove_gum_and_sticky_tac_from_hair

A comment on there suggests gasoline as well...

Valerie
Off topic but I lovee that site

MissMandyElizab
March 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM
So far the oil and tea tree shampoo are working well .

jera
March 25th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm glad to hear it's coming out. Poor little thing, she must feel awful. :o

MissMandyElizab
March 25th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm glad to hear it's coming out. Poor little thing, she must feel awful. :o
I told her i wasn't mad I giggled when i saw it it was all i could do it wasn't like she was bad just careless and cought up in play> But she is so scared i will have to cut her hair its sad,

PineappleJello
March 25th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I don't know how it would work on hair, or how easy it is to obtain for you. But whenever we painted fences we always used gas to get it off.

ETA: Didn't notice the second page. If you're having good luck with the oils I'd steer clear of the gas.

merseaone
March 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
In Jr High my son knew a girl whose sister played a trick on her and put koolaide on her white hair and said it would come right out after washing. Guess what... it didn't! she was a walking rainbow!

Feline
March 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
In Jr High my son knew a girl whose sister played a trick on her and put koolaide on her white hair and said it would come right out after washing. Guess what... it didn't! she was a walking rainbow!

A friend of mine in High School used green food coloring to put a streak in her hair for St Patrick's Day... I think it took about 3 weeks for it to wash out....