PDA

View Full Version : Summer hair!!!

Curlsgirl
March 25th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I am SO glad it's starting to get warmer! I love when I can wash my hair and just go out and let it dry in the sunshine! It curls so much better and I can do so many more things with it. :cheese: Anyone else love their hair more in Spring/summertime???

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I actually love the warmer weather but being from NYC, where it gets extremely humid, I find myself popping my hair into a ponytail or a bun from June through August. Not all the time---but definitely when it's blistering hot outside, especially if the occasion calls for me being in the heat. My favorite hair time is fall and spring; I notice that the winds aren't that blustery and there's no humidity present. :)

Dani
March 25th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I'm more looking forward to some fast growth in the hot and humid months here (shortie here). ;) Ah, I miss the days of a built-in air conditioner on my head... i.e. a damp bun. :D

aef231
March 25th, 2010, 06:58 AM
To be honest, my hair tends to spend much of the warmer months up, or at least as much off of my face and neck as possible. I live in Virginia, and while it's not too extreme, things definitely do get hot and sticky here. I honestly can't stand having hair stuck on my neck when it's over 90 degrees with 100% humidity. Just too much. I am happy for the warm weather to be here, though. This winter just felt too long, I'm definitely ready to break out the higher SPF and sunglasses! :cool:

Liss
March 25th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I think that last summer was the first time my hair was out of the awkward stages and it was still tied up every day. I love the idea of my hair being down and free in the summer, but the reality is usually humidity flop, so it just goes up.

WelshLocks
March 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I'm from Florida, so I don't think my hair will be completely down much this summer. I may experiment with braids and updos however. :)

Irishred
March 25th, 2010, 10:44 AM
YES!

I love to dry my hair out in the sun. I also love to do laura braids (2 english braids). The sun also helps brighten my color. I want to do some things to enhance it this year so maybe it will last longer through the winter "indoor" months.

Almost there....

emmabovary
March 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I can't wait for summer :D My hair curls better, too. And I don't freeze to death if I go outside when it's still a little damp, that's always an upside :p I'm curious to see if my hair grows better in the summer, I haven't paid attention before. I'm a little nervous about damage from the sun though...

missmandy
March 25th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I love summer in general.... but I'm especially looking forward to the fast growth!!!

windinherhair
March 25th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I do love to wear it down more in the spring and summer, especially on the days that aren't humid.

beez1717
March 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I love the summer because of my growth, but I love swimming in the ocean so I have to be super careful about damage to my hair!!! I guess I will just have to deal :/

ukuleleclaire
March 25th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I love the summer! Some friends of ours have a beach house in their family, and we all know how much curls love the beach. :)

Dreams_in_Pink
March 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Ah, I miss the days of a built-in air conditioner on my head... i.e. a damp bun. :D

I LOL'ed at that! :D

I love everything about summer actually...Hair-wise, i like the absence of blowfryer and -hopefully- better hair growth rate.

Carolyn
March 25th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Me! Me! I love everything more in the summer time. I don't mind the humidity a bit. It makes my hair straighter and I love that.

Mindfields
March 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Summer. *Dr. Evil pinky thing*
I love the shade my hair provides over the back of my neck. I'd say more about the solar rays do to my hair, but I usually wear hats and stick around indoors (or in those indoors yet outdoors buildings, where ya get the shade, A/C, and the sea breeze all at the same time). My hair grows pretty fast in the summer, so there's a win/win situation.

LadyJennifer
March 25th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I love the warmer days of spring and fall - especially spring though! I laid out in the sun to dry my hair today, and it took half the time it usually takes to dry, and curled better:) When it gets to be summer, and it's super hot and humid (southern Louisiana here) I usually keep it up.

jera
March 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Though I love the feeling of letting my hair air dry outdoors, my summer hair does spend a lot of time under hats, tied back, or bunned up due to high humidity. :o

yellowchariot
March 25th, 2010, 03:06 PM
It is still cold and rainy here. It actually sleeted 2 days ago :mad:! However, I do prefer drying my hair out in the sun also. :thumbsup:

Twil
March 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM
It is still cold and rainy here. It actually sleeted 2 days ago :mad:! However, I do prefer drying my hair out in the sun also. :thumbsup:
It's raining here too, but it's a springish rain and not a 'regressing to winter' rain.

Bethie
March 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
While looking forward to the *fingers crossed* faster growth and sunny days. I am not really looking forward to the humid hot days that summer brings. Right about now, it is perfect for me, nice, warm and sunny. I spent most of the day outside just enjoying the way the sun makes my hair look blackest black.

Sunny_side_up
March 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Yay for summer growth and looking forward to gettin in the tub doin hair treatments and faster drying, Roll on the warmer days!:)

CrisDee
March 25th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I've never been a fan of the heat and humidity that summer brings to the eastern US, but I'm really dreading this summer in particular. My hair will be just long enough to be on me and heat me up, but not long enough to put it up and get it OFF me. I'm another one who likes that damp bun air conditioning, really hoping for a mild summer this year :(

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 05:08 PM
So I've read that hair growth speeds up in the hotter months. How true is this?

TiaKitty
March 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I love summer hair. My curls are more defined, but, then again, so are my frizzies. I usually have a huge halo of baby hairs!

Last year, I found a straw hat that has no top. It's perfect for my normal up-do, which is a knot/BUN on top with the ends coming out the top. Like a knotted ponytail, I guess.

EdG
March 25th, 2010, 05:52 PM
My hair dried in only two hours the other day. :thumbsup:
Ed

Yozhik
March 25th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I love the summer, too! I just need to go outside and sit in the direct sunlight for a good 15-20 minutes, and it's dry :)
On the other hand, this is a first for me experiencing humid DC summers, so maybe I won't like it?

ZaBasDa
March 25th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I like that I can go outside with soaking wet hair and not freeze, and that it dries nicely. But I do not like going outside and feeling like I'm wearing a hot steamy carpet on my head, so I wear it up often in the summer. The humidity is great for my curls but not so great for the rest of me.

Quixii
March 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
My hair dries worse in the summer. >.< The curls go poof and the shorter hairs at my crown seem to stick straight out. Last summer I used a ton of coney anti-frizz stuff. Now that I'm more aware of ingredients and trying to go cone free, I'll have to come up with some other way to make my hair cooperate...

Debra83
March 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I'm hopeful of faster growth in the summer - we'll see!!

Thinthondiel
March 26th, 2010, 12:03 AM
It's kinda weird to see a thread named 'Summer Hair' when it's below freezing and there's a huge amount of snow outside. :p

I've never noticed if summers do my hair any good, but then I've never cared enough about my hair before to notice (apart from last summer, but I was WO then, so I couldn't compare it hair-wise with other summers). But of course, summers here aren't always all that warm, so that might be another reason I haven't noticed any hair changes. :shrug:

IcarusBride
March 26th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Like others have mentioned, humidity kills my hair, but on the flip side I'm SO glad my wet hair won't be freezing solid any more (until next year)! I've arrived at work/school many times with deadly weapons attached to my head...

BunnyBee
March 26th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Thunderstorm yesterday, the day I decided to go shopping 8-) Summer's quite far off still I think... Might be waist length by my birthday? (June) (actually might be now by looking in the mirror, but I've lost my tape measure :mad:)
My hair didn't like the winter much..

Sunny_side_up
March 28th, 2010, 05:02 AM
So I've read that hair growth speeds up in the hotter months. How true is this?

Last year i managed an inch a month for 4months, but did a big trim in autumn because the last part of my hair was dry, i'd had it out alot in the sun, also the final bit of layering was from a razored bob which i felt had to go. I wasn't eating that great last year either, too many take-aways, sugary drinks, not enough fruit or variety of veg. Still, got good growth though. I'm being alot more conscious of what i put in me now.
Happy growing:)

PaleDale
March 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I don't know what it is, maybe somehow pollen gets stuck in my hair or something in the hotter days, but when I wake up, all my hair has to do is slightly tickle my nose and every damn allergy you could imagine kicks off. That being what I hate with the heat.. Sun = good, hay fever = annoying =(

I have to say I do love to feel the sun on my head for some reason, then go back in and my hair is still really warm. that's cool.. well not cool but uh.. you know :)

camirra555
March 28th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I love summer too! Makes it so much easier to do wash and goes. Plus I get more growth in the summer time

Vermelha
March 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Yess!!!! Summer is amazing for curls! I found a new style too, so I want to flaunt it!

grmn-rpnzl
March 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for summer also, faster hair growth and i'll be so busy with everything i wont notice how much it will grow, 2 thumbs up! There should be a thread (if there isnt already) of how everyone wears their hair in summer ( im still a newbie and cant post new threads)

bubbles_87
March 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Im looking forward to faster hair growth during the summer! hehe.

kabelaced
March 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Summer is when my hair gets wavier and grows quickly, and I have to agree, sun drying feels so warm and wonderful! I love seeing the sun out for so long - it makes everything feel more pleasant! Go summer! :D

Capybara
March 28th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I like different things about my hair in different seasons (: I like the summer growth, and the feeling of it in the wind, but I like the warmth in the winter. And, for some reason, up-do's tend to syat in a lot longer in the winter, I'm not sure why...

xxaimsxx
March 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
My hair seems to grow very quick in the summer:). It's due to grow quick too because all throughout winter it hasnt been growing! :mad:

I love summer anyway so i am looking forward to it.

Kristin
March 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I am really hoping for some speedy summer growth b/c I think I've hit a stall. I wasn't tracking last summer, so I don't know if my growth usually picks up in the warmer months.

I also love the feeling of wet hair in the summer. Washing it at night and then letting it keep me cool as I fall asleep...awesome.:)

LoveMyLongHair
March 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM
My summer hair is UP, no exceptions. Here in South Carolina, it is not uncommon to have 118 degree days (heat index) with 100% humidity......soooo.............up it goes and stays. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to stand it. I will wash and let it air dry in the sun while doing piddly things.........but once it is dry, it is up for the duration.

chargersfan
March 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'm actually dreading summer. I'm usually in the pool every.single.day of the summer, and it kills my hair! Just thinking of the knots right now gives me the shudders. *shudder* I have to be in the pool every day with my kids, there's nothing else when it is 110+ every day (I live in a desert climate), and since they can't swim independently yet, I have to be in the water with them. My hair is hating me just thinking about it. Oh, and all the hat wearing besides, which means -- sweat. Lots and lots of sweat and hat hair.