PDA

View Full Version : hair stall? in need for some advice please

boukje
May 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I reached tailbone last july (2007 end of it) and I was so happy, the few hair I have left down the ends were there, wonderfull

Now I had hair about 3 inch past tailbone, but I cut off about 1.5 inch because I only had about 3 hairs down there and it didn't look nice. My hair curls up now (even though I don't have curls) and looks like tailbone again. I thought I would reach classic at the end of this year, but I put a tape measure from tailbone to the end of my buttocks (am I insane :rolleyes:) and I measured about 6.5 inches. do I have a massive behind?

I am so demotivated because that means it will take me more than I year still. I thought most (short people) (I am 5'3") could grow from tailbone to clasisic in one year and since I was past tailbone about 3 inches it would be 'soon' at classic.

I am 'scared' I am nearing terminal even though it still grows, it looks like it is growing much slower (or perhaps the hairs which are shorter need to grow in for the length).

When I stretch my hair after the trim I have about 1.5 inch past tailbone but it doens't look nicer. My taper starts at waist and I am afraid it will not get better. I want classic length and wanted to reach it and then start maintaining it there to get thicker ends.

I don't think my hair is in a bad condition, but I hardly have any hairs which are so long as tailbone. Also because the taper starts at waist I am so scared I will not make it to classic.

I haven't really cut my hair since july 2005 (cut it back from waist to BSL), because it was getting real thin all the time then.

What do I do now? I wash my hair twice a week (sometimes SMT) with a shampoo bar. and I wear it up all the time with a ficcare. I use a satin pillow case and I have a seamless comb I use.

I read an post from spidermom who said she got better achievements by cutting regular small trims.

Do any of you have advice for me? I don't want to be cutting to much hair off, as I would like to see if I can reach classic (this is my ultimate goal) and I would be so dissapointed if I would be cutting a lot now and find out later I could not reach it.

I am sorry for the long post, but does anyone have some tips/advice for me?

I have 1a/6 very fine ii hair. I used a lot of henna but now stopped using it and want my hair to be natural again.

Thank you so much

Helen.

Gothic Lolita
May 4th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I don't have hair as long as yours, but it's not unusual to have a stall sometimes, not matter a what length you are. I don't believe you are really nearing terminal, like you said, you have taper that starts at waist, so maybe you don't see that much growth, because most of your hairs first need to get to tailbone.

Also I think even small people (I'm really petite too, only 153 cm) need more than a year to grow to classic. The curves of our behinds are stronger than we think.

I'm sorry that i don't have a real adive for you. I know you want to get to classic fast, but I think it would be better to try and maintain at tailbone for a while to let the taper catch up a bit. You're wearing your hair up most of the time, that's what I would have told you anyway. And you don't have to cut away much, just go for maybe a little trim every 2 month. Nobody will even notice you have trimmed, if oyu only cut away the last centimeter!

Meli
May 4th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Perhaps you have reached an artificial terminal, where the longest hairs have reached the end of their growth cycle and rest/shed. If those hairs had never been cut, they would have been longer. You may have to wait for the shorter, uncut new growth hairs to grow longer than they are now.

Also, with fine hair, breakage/split end issues may possibly make your hair taper more than it would if the hairs were less damaged. This can also create artificial terminals and slow growth when the broken hairs rest/shed. If this is the case, the most important would be to reduce further splits/breakage as much as possible and just wait until the old damage grows out.

spidermom
May 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Perhaps you have reached an artificial terminal, where the longest hairs have reached the end of their growth cycle and rest/shed. If those hairs had never been cut, they would have been longer. You may have to wait for the shorter, uncut new growth hairs to grow longer than they are now.

Also, with fine hair, breakage/split end issues may possibly make your hair taper more than it would if the hairs were less damaged. This can also create artificial terminals and slow growth when the broken hairs rest/shed. If this is the case, the most important would be to reduce further splits/breakage as much as possible and just wait until the old damage grows out.

This is how I think of it, too. Perhaps some of your shorter, newer hairs will have a longer length potential than your current longest hairs. In time, you will know. If the longest hairs aren't damaged, I don't think that trimming them will help them to grow longer. In fact, as I understand it, once a hair stops growing, it will shed out. A hair does not stop growing, then start growing again. But currently shorter hairs are growing, and I hope they will get as long as you are hoping they will. Best wishes for truly impressive growth this year.

boukje
May 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
thank you so much for the great replies, I guess you are right spidermom :) maybe I am just being insecure about the growth of my hair hehe.

But ofcourse I cannot forget the fact that I didn't take care in a good way before I found LHC, so the ends have 'suffered' more and are more likely to have breakage on more hairs, making a bigger taper.

I guess I will just leave it up for a long time and not look at it hehe:D

I really love the support here, thank you so much :flowers:

Flaxen
May 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
When we make lists of all the shampoos, conditioners, brushes, and everything else we need to grow our hair long, we always forget to include one thing - patience. Maybe it should be the first thing. :lol:

Hang in there, boukje. Your stall will pass. Here, this is a good patience smiley.:meditate:

Shanarana
May 4th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Would love to see pictures of your hair.