PDA

View Full Version : Hair time as a reward!

tcheney91
March 24th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I'm wondering if I'm the only one who does this. I use hair pampering time as a reward for myself! For example, I'll tell myself "Once you finish this and this and that, you get to brush your hair or try out that new bun you saw." I'll even set out my brush and oil to motivate myself. Am I the only one who does this? I just love playing with and pampering my hair so much, it becomes a special time for me during the day.

2peasinapod
March 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I love pampering myself (and my hair), too! I don't use combing/styling my hair as a reward (in fact, that's what I'm usually doing instead of finishing important things :p). My reward/motivation is a nice long shower with either coconut oil and shower cap or a nice conditioner.

tcheney91
March 24th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Ooo... yes, I shower as a reward too! I love hot showers, and they are so good right before bed. They make me so sleepy. Nothing is a better incentive to me to finish homework than the promise of a good long brushing, oiling and a hot, quick shower. Ahh...

simplysnuggle
March 24th, 2010, 10:34 PM
For me I'm usually using it to distract me from things I should be doing but don't want to do! lol

Alcenaia
March 25th, 2010, 12:03 AM
You're definitely not the only one! I hate getting up in the morning, but sometimes it helps to think about the new style I picked out to wear that day. :)

CrisDee
March 25th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I use time on this forum as my reward for completing tasks :laugh:

That being said, after 6 days on the road and nothing but males in my house, my floors are disgusting. Better go do something productive :D

IndigoAsh
March 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
yeah, I do use playing with my hair a reward. I have so much to do during the day though that it always ends up like 'After I mop' or 'after I get the boys to bed'.

adiapalic
March 25th, 2010, 08:06 AM
of course I do this! When I'm busy, I'll look forward to free time so I can try a new updo, or groom etc. :o

Dreams_in_Pink
March 25th, 2010, 08:11 AM
actually, doing something to my hair is a punishment for me :( The rewarding part is being able to let it down and toss it around! :cheese:

tcheney91
March 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! Last night, I was working hard on homework, but I told myself I got to brush and oil my hair as a reward. It totally worked, and I finished earlier than I thought I would!

Phalaenopsis
March 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Yes, I know what you mean. When I finish my homework, I reward myself with a shower.

Purdy Bear
March 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Its a great idea and well worth me adopting!

tcheney91
March 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Haha, I never expected it to catch on, Purdy_Bear. That's great! I certainly helps me be more productive... but I love to procrastinate.

geosangel
March 29th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I use mine as a reward, for completing hard assignments at school, getting through the week, etc. It gives me something to look forward to and helps me utilize the benign neglect theory throughout the week.

Juliannaissance
March 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I just love to play with my hair when it starts feeling smooth and silky, and that's after a few days without washing my hair that it gets that way. I tell my hair: "You will have a nice cleaning soon!":p

Vermelha
March 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Like everyone else said, I reward myself with a long shampooing and conditioning... it feels amazing and definitely undoes stress. I don't know why some people dread wash day. I usually can't wait!

tcheney91
March 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I sometimes dread washing, just because my hair frizzes for the first day. After my first night, the frizzies calm down and then it looks alright. But even if I don't wash my hair, I'll still use the shower as motivation!

pdy2kn6
March 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I love waking up and having some reward time after my private lesson. I take my hair down and check my braid waves out in the windowlight mirror. I love seeing the differing affects braiding has on my hair after my morning lessons

Forever_Sophie
March 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
actually, doing something to my hair is a punishment for me :( The rewarding part is being able to let it down and toss it around! :cheese:

At least that makes 2 of us! I hate having my hair up, the most I do is braid it so it isn't in the way when I'm playing with my bunny LOL

rachelily
March 30th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hahaha I do this too :) My hair takes 2 and a half hours to air-dry so this is like my "me time" where I stay in and wait. And I always sort of look forward to it because it's so much fun to see how it's going to curl today.

tcheney91
April 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I love that time, too. I live in a dorm, and my bed has a headboard that is just the right height for me to throw my hair over. I sit like that, laying in bed drying my hair for a while. It's a great time to relax, listen to music and chill.

TiaKitty
April 9th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I work at home, and when I get off work, I need to decompress, just like if I went to a regular outside the home job. I usually go lock myself in the bathroom and brush, oil, style my hair. That's my me time and I *have* to have it!

I like to come here while I am working, between jobs, and during jobs that are hard and I need a break from!

Kalyca
April 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
i'll sometimes do this after a long day of work. i'll come home and do a coconut oil treatment or a nice scalp massage. sometimes even just taking a long shower is a nice reward for myself too xD

Loreley
April 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I do this, too. Especially with washes. I love washing my hair. :D
And sometimes I think sitting in a lecture "OK, when it ends I'll comb my hair". My friend combs her hair often as well so I'm not alone with it. :lol:

tcheney91
April 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh, I do that, too. I have to stop myself in classes! I'm always so temped to play with my hair, try out a new braid, redo my bun 'cause it's falling out, comb it... I have to consciously tell myself to pay attention. Haha!

zeldagirl7491
April 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Oh yes! I do this all the time:cloud9::pegasus:

Speckla
April 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Yes. I will only henna after the house is spotless and all the laundry/dishes are done. I plan on doing my hair tomorrow night so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon. :eyebrows:

kabelaced
April 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Often when I'm at work and I get so grimy from breading fried chicken/cleaning up grease messes and getting covered with nasty cheese and lunchmeat, I daydream of deep treating my hair, oiling it and adding in a nice scent to make everything smell so good...it keeps my morale up sometimes! :p

Heidi_234
April 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Like everyone else said, I reward myself with a long shampooing and conditioning... it feels amazing and definitely undoes stress. I don't know why some people dread wash day. I usually can't wait!
Because some of us have a hair with a cat personality - doesn't like being washed? :p

tcheney91
April 11th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Haha! I'm not like that at all. I love showering, but my hair doesn't... sometimes I'll just jump in there for a few minutes and use my big purple shower cap. But either way, showering it is!