PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Picture

long.again
March 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
So, I don't often post, I'm not sure how many of you know me but I wanted to do a one year with LHC post.

A year ago I joined this site frustrated and convinced that my hair simply didn't grow. In that one year I have switched all my hair brushes to wood and boar bristle. I only use a blow dryer on special occasions (like twice a year) and otherwise my hair is almost always up. Yes, I am guilty of a pony-tail about 50% of the time but at least I'm using "okay for your hair" elastics. I only wash my hair every few days, usually with Dove shampoo and conditioner, though I recently switched to Wen. I rarely comb or brush my hair when wet also. Finally, I have not died my hair in months and month - besides the fun, temporary blue I am sporting currently. My "roots" (now nearly chin length) are totally natural, no dyes. Oh, and I never, ever use product on my hair.

Are you ready for my one year growth pictures?

March 19, 2009
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/phoenix0909/hair/March192009.jpg

March 24, 2010
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/phoenix0909/hair/March242010.jpg

For someone that really believed that my hair wouldn't grow, I think this is fantastic!

Quixii
March 24th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I agree! Looks great - here's to another year of happy growing! :D

2peasinapod
March 24th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I used to think my hair didn't grow either. Whatever you're doing for your hair is definitely working! It looks great! I love the way the texture looks down the length! Happy growing! :)

kelly-j
March 25th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Great progress, keep on growing!

Bethie
March 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Your hair looks wonderful. Happy anniversary of growing

FrannyG
March 25th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Happy Anniversary! :hollie: And congratulations on your progress. Your hair is growing beautifully! :blossom:

jivete
March 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Before I got here, I didn't think mine would grow either. Congratulations on your progress!

redneckprincess
March 25th, 2010, 08:13 AM
fantastic progress!!! congrats...now, on to the next year!!

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I love before & after pics!!! I must say your hair grew, considerably. The 1-year later picture really does help to show that any hair type (unless stumped by medication or other specific reason) does grow with time. Hair growth... hmmm, it's like watching grass grow. Congrats on the length & don't stop growing it. It looks really thick and healthy.

Garnet66
March 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Your hair has really grown. I love the blue streak. Congrats on your anniversary.

long.again
March 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I love seeing progress pictures too so I was thrilled to get to post mine.

My layers have finally caught-up with each other so I'm hoping for no more trims and a bunch of spring growth this year.

Sort of like watching grass grow? LOL. I wish my hair grew that fast! :lol:

windinherhair
March 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Congrats on all your growth, and happy annivesary! :cheese:

emmabovary
March 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Congrats! Looks really nice and healthy :)

janeytilllie
March 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:
Congratulations on the fantastic growth progress :D Your hair looks in wonderful condition.

Yozhik
March 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Happy anniversary! You can really tell how much your hair has grown by looking at the roots (which are a great color, by the way)! :)

Pear Martini
March 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Your hair looks lovely and thats quite a bit of growth. Cheers to growing!

LaurelSpring
March 25th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Happy Anniversary! Great Growth. Isnt it exciting to see progress. Congratulations! :applause