PDA

View Full Version : i cut my hair and i like it

annie09
March 24th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I had a brave moment last night and cut my hair to shoulder length, i have been having a real bad time lately with tangles it was taking up to 20 mins to detangle and such, i also could not find a style that would last the full shift at work without falling out and as i work in a food factory i cannot take my mob cap and hairnet off willy nilly i can not braid very well either.

I am happy i cut it as what is left now should all be virgin hair (i had a few semi perm dyes on the bottom half) and im gonna grow it back from here after ive let a hairdresser sort it lol.

anyway heres a before and after pics please dont be shocked i really do like it :)

BEFORE:http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/IMG_1570.jpg

AFTER:http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu183/boggle567/P1000064.jpg

turtlelover
March 24th, 2010, 08:10 PM
In the end, it is all about what you like and are comfortable with. We don't all have to have the same definition of "long", and there is nothing wrong w/ a change now and then! I'm personally wanting my hair not too much longer than yours -- not very long by this site's norms -- but I'm still rather obsessive about taking care of my hair! Healthy is waaaay more important than super long for me. :D

annie09
March 24th, 2010, 08:16 PM
thanks turtlelover it goes in a mean french twist at this length now

Twil
March 24th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Sexy Mama!!!!

sneakybea
March 24th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I really like your color and shine! It will be much easier for you at this length, sounds like, and you can grow it out virgin if you like! Pretty hair!

Peter
March 24th, 2010, 08:43 PM
It looks great at either length! :)

skay
March 24th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Your "after" pic looks great - healthy and shiny!

Your "before" pic looks great as well - but I can understand about wanting healthy, virgin hair. And that's great you don't have to do deal with 20 minutes of tangles. Your hair must feel great!

Enjoy the healthy feeling! And looking forward to seeing more progress of your hair.

HintOfMint
March 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Good for you on taking the plunge! I know it is so hard to do, but really, there's nothing more satisfying than growing out completely untouched hair.

I must admit though, the title of this thread reminded me of a certain Katy Perry song:p

annie09
March 24th, 2010, 10:44 PM
lol yes it does now you come to mention it

ravensinger13
March 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I'm glad you like the new length, and just wanted to add that your hair is soooo thick and shiny!!! *love it*

Dreams_in_Pink
March 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
oh WOW that takes a lot of courage to do! :D If you're happy, then congrats! :flower:

Wanderer09
March 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I must admit though, the title of this thread reminded me of a certain Katy Perry song:p

Good, I'm not the only one. :p

I'm happy that you love your new cut. It looks good. :) Happy growing if you decide to do so!

Bethie
March 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats on loving your hair. It is so shiny and very pretty.

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 04:57 PM
love your virgin hair!! enjoy :)

Yayasmurf
March 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm happy for you. I can't imagine how much courage that took. :)

Now can I borrow you thread to whine a minute...
I done a 2 inch trim on my hair a few days ago BUT... now I'm so sad that I did. It's still classic length and I didn't think I would miss those 2 inches but I really do. My grown daughter even noticed and was very upset with me. She hates when I trim. I may never trim again. I really hate the feeling it left me with. :(

Drynwhyl
March 25th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Yaya- try to think about how healthy the ends are now! :)

oh and annie, I'm glad you like it (:
I assume I'll do something like this by the end of the year.

Yayasmurf
March 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yaya- try to think about how healthy the ends are now! :)

oh and annie, I'm glad you like it (:
I assume I'll do something like this by the end of the year.

Thank you and you are right... my ends do look healthier. I knew they would and maybe next time I will just do a dusting. or a wee bit more than dust :D

lillylonghair
March 25th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Wow! What a chop. I have to say you are so brave but your hair does look much shinier. I agree that I'd rather sacrifice length for health. I'll probably doing the same thing in a year to have all virgin hair.

SimplyViki
March 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wow, that's quite a change! I'm glad you are happy with it. I cut my own hair short once, too. It was a lot of fun to wear in side braids. There's just something really adorable about short side braids.

Good, I'm not the only one. :p
Haha, me, too. :lol: :o

Yozhik
March 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM
What gorgeously shiny and thick hair you have! I'm glad you're enjoying the chop :)

After I reach my mini-goal, my next goal is to maintain until it's virgin -- right now the canopy is slightly damages, and it's really bugging me! I bet it's a lot silkier and easy to work with now :D

janeytilllie
March 25th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Your new cut looks lovely :flower: You have very beautiful hair it looks so shiny and healthy. :)