PDA

View Full Version : Chem dye Blonde Without Ammonia?

rach
March 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I came across this advert on the TV just now and to be honest i was confused.......
http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Luminous-Blonde-Without-Ammonia-Garnier-Belle-Colour/83210

No Ammonia ?!

"What are they using?"

Wasn't able to find a ingredients listing but surely this can not be right? :confused:

emmabovary
March 24th, 2010, 02:52 PM
My guess is that it still has peroxide.

HairColoredHair
March 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Garnier Belle Color Light Baby Blonde contains:

* 1x ColorEase Creme Tube 40ml
* 1 x applicator bottle of Developer milk 60ml
* 1 sachet of Nutritive Creme Bath 15ml
* 1 instruction leaflet with gloves

ColorEase Creme:

Aqua, Deceth 3, Laureth 12, Ammonium Hydroxide, Oleth 30, Deceth 5, Trideceth 2 Carboxamide Mea, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Oleyl Alcohol, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Polyquaternium 22, Ethanolamine, Sodium Metabisulfite, T Butyl Hydroquinone, EDTA, Camelia Sinensis, Buxus Chinensis, Triticum Vulgare, Resorcinol, P Phenylenediamine, M Aminophenol, Parfum.

Colourant Developer:

Aqua, Hyrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oleamide DEA, Ceteareth 30, Glycerin, Pentasodium Penetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate.

After Colour Conditioning Shampoo:

Aqua, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MIPA, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Ceteareth 33, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycine Soja, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Polyquaternium 10, Polyquaternium 22, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum.

Looks like peroxide (and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can have ingredients that produce ammonia when mixed and label them as 'does not contain ammonia' because technically it doesn't, until it mixes.)

emmabovary
March 24th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Amazing how they can actually get away with stuff like that. :rolleyes:

rach
March 24th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Looks like peroxide (and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can have ingredients that produce ammonia when mixed and label them as 'does not contain ammonia' because technically it doesn't, until it mixes.)

agreed if this is true that is an awful loophole :taz:
Thankyou for the info HairColoredHair that's made this much clearer.
And yeah the Trimethylsilylamodimethicone being near top ingredient shows to be a damage cover up :rolleyes:

vidgrl007
March 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I just did my hair with the herba shine and it did nothing except make my scalp itch.I have dyed my hair b4 with nutrisse and it was fine.I will do a chamomille, cinnamon,and honey rinse and leave it on my hair.at least I know i will get some benefit from that.Oh well lesson learned.