PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful photos of long hair

Journeywoman
March 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Was having a moment of hair envy (I'm still at BSL!) and found some gorgeous photos of long hair. Hope they're inspirational for someone besides me. Here's the link:

< link removed - pending moderator discussion >

Hoping it's okay to post links to other sites, I'm a newbie here so not sure :)

Finoriel
March 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I temporarily removed the link to this site, since it seemed possibly problematic to me.
:flower: I&#180;ll try to explain it.

The blog owner obviously collects pictures of long-haired women to display them there. Whether or not with their consent is unclear.
Many blog writers use a certain kind of software to be able to follow the clicks back to their origin, to see who linked them.
And sometimes it&#180;s better to not knock on certain doors.

dropinthebucket
March 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
It's an interesting problem. The vast majority of people have innocent reasons - bloggers, etc. However, given the nature of the Internet, abuse is always a possibility. The research I've done on this (it's part of my job, legal precedents, etc.) shows that the "Babes of the Web" debacle was a key turning point - a group of men (boys, really) started a web site in which they showcased photos of women they had "grabbed" from their travels on the web, and rated them on a scale of 1 to 10 for attractiveness. The women's pictures had not been used with permission, although all the photos had been uploaded to public venues (much like the avatars for this one). Increasingly, site designers have put in place measure to stop images being "lifted," but talented computer users still get around them. Every time we upload a picture of ourselves, we have to be aware of this kind of "identity theft" and the complications that could arise. I, too, am uncomfortable with linking to, or reproducing, images of anyone without their express permission. (though I know your intentions were completely positive).

enfys
March 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM
The photos look very professional so I'm really hoping they are just stock images.

While wondering this I looked for stock images of very long hair and there's some great hair inspiration there!

Journeywoman
March 24th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the understanding all! If I come across a page like that in the future, I'll contact a moderator before posting a link. Will have to check out some stock images for more inspiration.

:)

dropinthebucket
March 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Good luck, Journeywoman. Inspiration is so important! So far, i've only got movies - but they're kinda hard to use as wallpaper on my laptop:rolleyes:.