PDA

View Full Version : My swirly bun today

simplysnuggle
March 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
A new day soo I did something new with my hair.. just a simple swirly bun thing.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/simplysnuggle/swirlybun.jpg

I wish I didn't have so many wispys/ baby hairs and fly away!:rant:

Any tips on how to fix them?:pray:

Norai
March 23rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
Very cute! I love the flower, is it attached to a pin of some sort?

MissMandyElizab
March 23rd, 2010, 08:13 PM
I love it and i want the flower!!!!

satindesire
March 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
That is so super cute! I love hair flowers.

A good tip for taming flyaways, some sort of pomade/hairwax/hairspray/whatever hair product you own that makes hair 'stay put'...apply a small amount on your fingertips, smooth down the individual pieces you want to control.

simplysnuggle
March 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Very cute! I love the flower, is it attached to a pin of some sort?

Yeah. It's a fake flower. I just buy them from the craft store and stick a bobby pin in it. I want to get more. It's much cheaper than buying them with the band or clip on them cause those run at least $5 or more. This one was maybe $1 could have been even less I don't remember. I've also bought little ones and made bouquets out of them using hot glue and just stuck it in with a bobby pin :)

Norai
March 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah. It's a fake flower. I just buy them from the craft store and stick a bobby pin in it. I want to get more. It's much cheaper than buying them with the band or clip on them cause those run at least $5 or more. This one was maybe $1 could have been even less I don't remember. I've also bought little ones and made bouquets out of them using hot glue and just stuck it in with a bobby pin :)

Ooh crafty! I like it :)

simplysnuggle
March 23rd, 2010, 08:34 PM
Ooh crafty! I like it :)

I love being crafty. I know how to crochet too I just need to learn how to crochet hair flowers... Now that would be fun!:eyebrows:

TXbarbie
March 23rd, 2010, 08:40 PM
I just spray some hair spray onto a finger or two and then correct whatever baby hairs are sticking out :) I'm loving the flower as well!

simplysnuggle
March 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Everyone loves the flower so much! Maybe I'll make a little tutorial on how to make them sooo simple!!

tralalalara
March 23rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Oooh, pretty!

I have yet to learn the ways of the fancy updo that doesn't include braiding. I also have tons of wispys and bits that don't fit so french/dutch braiding is my only option to keep them back.

Maybe you could add a braid into this bun style to tame the baby hairs a bit?

hendrix.co
March 24th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I think the messy wispy ends are what I love about it.

grmn-rpnzl
March 24th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I like the little wisps and fly aways, its gives it a relaxed natural look, when its all slick back and super perfect it doesn't have the same effect. Beautiful updo BTW.

Sabayon
March 24th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I like the little wisps and fly aways, its gives it a relaxed natural look, when its all slick back and super perfect it doesn't have the same effect. Beautiful updo BTW.

I totally agree with this, but if you are dead set on getting rid of the wisps (for this or some other look), diluted aloe vera gel makes a good hair-friendly hair spray. I have also used a heavy coconut oiling for this purpose and it works well too.

simplysnuggle
March 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I totally agree with this, but if you are dead set on getting rid of the wisps (for this or some other look), diluted aloe vera gel makes a good hair-friendly hair spray. I have also used a heavy coconut oiling for this purpose and it works well too.

I'm testing to coconut oil since I just oiled my hair last night! It seems to help a lot YAY!

Stevy
March 24th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Pretty! The flower really goes with your hair colour.

little_cherry
March 24th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I love this updo! I agree that the messiness is what really makes this style pop!

The flower is very pretty!

Kristin
March 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I make flowers like that, too! Actually, I like to stick them to those little salon clips because they stay in better for me. you can also put them on French combs and headbands.

Very cute Spring 'do!:D

Bethie
March 24th, 2010, 04:02 PM

I agree with this 100%

Capybara
March 24th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, that looks great! I think your hair looks very cute! I've always likes the slightly messy look, especially for spring. It can soften a more mature style.

If you absolutely hate them, I would use the product of your choice to smooth them down, maybe with a headband as well, and stay away from humidity ;)

Ivy~Rose
March 24th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Very nice bun, and I'd love to see your tutorial on flower pin making! I've seen some for sale on Etsy but none are -quite- what I want, I'd much rather mess around with them myself :) I prefer the flyaway look anyway, since I do a lot of walking during the day, and trying to keep them all slicked back and perfect (including ends tucked in buns) is an exercise in failure!

Garnet66
March 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM
That's a really pretty hairdo you have there. And the flower makes it even prettier. Very nice.

countryhopper
March 25th, 2010, 03:38 AM
That cute flower TOTALLY makes that bun! Have you tried glueing other things to bobby pins? i seem to remember from Hypnotica's avatar she has aeither a dragonfly or a grasshopper...

windinherhair
March 25th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Very cute! I love how that turned out. I have some fly aways too, but they don't bother me as much anymore. I used to use hair spray but quit.

embee
March 25th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Personally, I like little curly flyaways, they add much softness to an updo. My hair is stick straight and any flyaways are straight as well unless I've been out in the hot sun, gardening.

It's fun to have flowers for your hair. :) Very cute!

simplysnuggle
March 25th, 2010, 11:03 AM
That cute flower TOTALLY makes that bun! Have you tried glueing other things to bobby pins? i seem to remember from Hypnotica's avatar she has aeither a dragonfly or a grasshopper...

I mostly just have flowers but I'm gonna go to the craft store in a few days and see what inspires me. :)

nycstar
March 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I think the wisps and baby hairs add to the ethereal look of the bun. I love it!