PDA

View Full Version : Wavier as I get longer

atlantaz3
March 23rd, 2010, 07:42 PM
As usual my hair doesn't make sense to me. As it gets longer it's getting wavier. Wouldn't the length and the weight drag the curls out. I know my siggy is straight, but I "plopped" my hair the last drying session and got out my old diffuser and was really amazed at the curls. If I cut short it goes straight and flat - anyone else have this hair type? (Yes I know I need to add a waves pic!)

2peasinapod
March 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
I do! My hair was always straight when I kept it short, and unruly when I stretched out haircuts. Since growing it out (and going cone free), I have waves! Just a little bit at first, but the longer it gets, the more waves come in.

Last time I checked, I only had one wave, but when I randomly took a picture of the back of my head a few days ago, I was shocked (see signature)! I never remember having waves before, and I was always told length dragged out waves/curls, too. I don't understand it, either, but I really like it! :D

Capybara
March 23rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
*waves hand and jumps up and down* ME ME ME!

When my hair is shorter, it goes absolutely straight. I really like waves though, so I'm enjoying that they come with the length.

I have a theory, though: I tend to moisturize my hair more often, and take better care of it when it's longer than when it's shorter, rather than ladening it down with cones and styling products to make it cooperate when it's shorter. Maybe the change in routine contributes to the change in hair texture :confused: ?

missmandy
March 23rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
I think I've read a lot about this on the forums.... Apparently it's pretty common. /shrug

DragonLady
March 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
I had absolutely stick-straight hair my whole life 'till I'd been here a few months. I think the gentler methods and mega-moisturizing treatments deserve most of the credit.

natorade
March 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
my hair is getting wavier as it gets longer. By time I get to APL my hair will most likely be in spirals. That is my hair is when it gets longer.

ukuleleclaire
March 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Mine does something similar, but it has to be above chin length to look straight. Beyond that, I get wavy/curly!