PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep my new bangs? (pics)

georgia_peach
March 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
I recently grew my bangs out to below my nose, and the rest of my hair is about shoulder length. Well, while in a frumpy mood, I decided to cut in some blunt bangs and am not sure if it is my best look or not. Please look at the pics and give me your opinion. Thanks!http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/bcmathis0213/LHC/goinggray001.jpg Before and....

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/bcmathis0213/LHC/bangs32010003.jpg After...I think the lack of bangs can give a more elegant, mature look. Maybe not so much WITH the bangs...I just don't know.

Ravenne
March 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
I think they look great with your face shape! Beautiful! But it really comes down to what you're most comfortable with. :)

pennyroyal
March 23rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
yea, i like the bangs but if you don't then that's what matters. :)

saskia_madding
March 23rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
I agree - I think they really suit you. But she's right in that it's more about how you *feel* than how you *look*.

paperwhite
March 23rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
I like them, but like the others said, it's up to you and how you feel about them. I think it lightens up your look, you look happier and less serious in the 'after' picture.

LoversLullaby
March 23rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I personally like them a lot, they're cute! But you should do with them what you feel you look best with, despite what others say. If you like em, keep em. If not, grow em out!

bumblebums
March 23rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
I was going to say "bangs, absolutely!" but then I noticed that you are smiling in the bangs pic but not in the other one. So that biased me towards the smiling picture. I think you look good either way--you can definitely pull bangs off, but you also look fine without them.

Laylah
March 23rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
I love them! They make you look more cheery, but that may just be your expression. I say keep them, if you like.

Cleopatra18
March 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
oh i really like them actually.i think they look very flattering on you.

serious
March 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I love them!

Sweetness
March 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not a fan of bangs in general, but I think you look lovely with them !

ravenreed
March 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
I think they look better than without, honestly. It is a good look for you.

Oskimosa
March 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
I like them BUT I get what you are saying. I think they would look better longer, perhaps even a side bang. That way you can pin them away if you want and then let them loose if you have your hair up, for instance.

Captain Nikki
March 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
I think you look younger with bangs.

BelleBot
March 23rd, 2010, 06:47 PM
Bangs soften your face, they look very flattering on you. You look good without them, but although you look elegant, you also look a bit more severe. So I'd say keep the bangs.
However, it's up to you and how you feel. I had bangs for about 6 months before growing them out as they weren't me really despite looking good.

Leena7
March 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
I like the bangs.

simplysnuggle
March 23rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
I like them but thats just my opinion. If you have a day you don't want them you can always pin them back.

Debra83
March 23rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
That's so coincidental! I cut bangs in myself yesterday after invoking the "3 week rule" for like a month!!!! I STILL wasn't sure if I should or not, but I did it so it is too late now!!!! I like them because they soften my look, but they weren't as long as the rest of my hair before (because I keep doing them every 6 months or so), and I had side bangs, but now I have them across my forehead a little shorter than yours, and I feel it is even a softer look for me than side bangs.

I like yours on you a lot. Hope mine do for me, what yours does for you. I think it makes you look younger, and more approachable. Just my opinion though. We'll keep going around the "bang" bush for the rest of our lives. Once you get them, you can't seem to do without them forever!!!!

renarok
March 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
ooh I like em a lot!!!!! Well done:cheese:

gmdiaz
March 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
I think the new bangs look really nice on you, softens and brings the focus to your eyes and your great smile.

Maybe let them grow out a tiny little more. Maybe grow them a bit long on the outside edges, blending back into your hair.

Looks great.

2peasinapod
March 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
The bangs are very flattering on you! They make your face look softer and younger (not that you look old without them, though ;))! If they make you happy, you should definitely keep them!

Ivy~Rose
March 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I think the bangs look great on you!

GoddesJourney
March 23rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
I like them. They give you more of a sweetheart shape in that picture. It's hard to tell though, because the pictures were taken from different angles and you're only smiling in one of the. People always look more attractive when they're smiling. Speaking of which, if you ever pay attention during one of those commercials with before and after pictures, the after one always has a smile and usually also make up and a tan. People seem to see that as healthier/more put together without really thinking about why. I think you should just smile more. :D

ukuleleclaire
March 24th, 2010, 01:19 AM
They're cute! I second that longer, sideswept bangs would probably also be a really nice look on you.

georgia_peach
March 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate the feedback and think that the bangs really do complement my face better. :)

pdy2kn6
March 24th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I too really like them on you. They look funner, and more stylish.

windinherhair
March 24th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I've gone back and forth between bangs this past year. I agree with you that I think the bangs made me look under, but not such a bad thing. I do like how I look without bangs too though. I think the bangs really suit you! So it is really up to what you want right now. You could easily wear them down one day, and pull them back the next. They really look nice on you.

I started to grow my bangs back out, mainly because of laziness. They weren't too hard to manage, but it is easier to just comb my hair back and not have to style my bangs. I did like my bangs for the time I had them.

emmabovary
March 24th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Wow, bangs really suit you! I don't think it's only the smile, I really think they suit your facial shape. You look younger, warmer and friendlier (but that is definitely partly due to the smile!) :) I wish bangs suited me as well as they do you!

julliams
March 24th, 2010, 04:18 AM
You good both ways. I do think the bangs soften your face a little which is nice. Perhaps keep them for now and decide when it's time to trim.

Juliette

FrannyG
March 24th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Oh, I love the bangs on you. They really give you a distinctive but soft look. :thumbsup:

curlylocks85
March 24th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I think your bangs look nice. :)

ChrissieM
March 24th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I think they are really cute....keep 'em!

Tap Dancer
March 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I think the bangs make you look younger. I really like them! :)

grmn-rpnzl
March 24th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I do like the picture of you with no bangs. Then again i use to have bangs and hated it and prefer no bangs. But some people can pull it off. I think it the picture you choose, it does no justice.

Liss
March 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I agree with everyone here, keep them! At first I thought they made you look younger, then I noticed that they actually don't, it's just that they make your face look softer, or more approachable. They definately suit you!

merseaone
March 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I recently grew my bangs out to below my nose, and the rest of my hair is about shoulder length. Well, while in a frumpy mood, I decided to cut in some blunt bangs and am not sure if it is my best look or not. Please look at the pics and give me your opinion. Thanks!http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/bcmathis0213/LHC/goinggray001.jpg Before and....

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab188/bcmathis0213/LHC/bangs32010003.jpg After...I think the lack of bangs can give a more elegant, mature look. Maybe not so much WITH the bangs...I just don't know.

I like the bangs but maybe add some fullness to them by layering a little and using a round brush.

lesbia
March 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I think you look better with bangs, that's really nice :)

merryhair
March 24th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I think you should keep them...they look really cute on you! But then again, it kinda depends on how you want your hair to be. Good luck with whatever you choose:D

little_cherry
March 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I think the bangs really bring out your lovely facial features!

Superfine
March 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I have gone through the same reasoning about bangs & no bangs. I think the bangs make you look happy & younger. That said, I know what you mean about more elegant without. The solution I use now for myself is the wear the bangs most of the time (because I'm 64 & feel I need the face softening with my hair up most of the time). When I want a more smooth elegant look I can brush the bangs back & use a little gel. Also, I vary the bangs: all down, or side brushed. I think your bangs look good with your glasses too. Of course, it's difficult for either to look bad when your hair is so shiny & beautiful!

georgia_peach
March 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Thank you ALL! I love the LHC for it's supportive and honest members. ;)

I think I will probably just keep my bangs for a while and play around with them to see what works best...maybe a little longer and softer? Thanks again!!

Capybara
March 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Looks like I'm a little late, but..
Another vote for keeping them! I think they look very nice.
If you think they wouldn't go with a particular style, you could always pin them back :)

kelly-j
March 25th, 2010, 02:30 AM
My honest opinion is that you should keep your bangs. They really suit you!