PDA

View Full Version : Going to get some long layers! I've decided!

Curlsgirl
March 23rd, 2010, 01:13 PM
I have been thinking about this for a long time and just made an appointment to do it. I am just getting them mostly in the front and starting say no more than 3-4 inches from the ends. Should I get a few long ones in the back too and is 3-4 inches in the front (from the ends) long/short enough? I figure if I just do this kind it won't take too long to grow them out if I don't like them. I just really need a change.

TXbarbie
March 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
I have long layers and I LOVE them! Definitely get the back layered as well so everything looks even. It'll look great on you!

paperwhite
March 23rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
I think your hair is both long and thick enough to be able to handle some nice layering. It would be a nice but subtle change. :) Enjoy!

Nyghtingale
March 23rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Can't wait to see the results.

2peasinapod
March 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
I think your hair will look nice with long layers. Getting some in the back will probably make it look more even. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Good luck! :)

Shermie Girl
March 23rd, 2010, 10:09 PM
Huh? Layers? Some one's talking about layers?

I am too entranced by your break dancing cow avatar to think about layers! :lol:

Some long layers should look great. And if you just do a few and keep them long, if you don't like them, it won't be too long before you can kiss them buh-bye.

ericthegreat
March 23rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Long layers would definitely help to bring back your natural curl pattern Curlsgirl. You have the right idea about face framing layers, they will definitely give your haircut a much more defined shape. I know you've been fretting about the length of your hair lately and how you feel that its weighing down your curls. Cutting in layers at your sides and also maybe just a few very long layers cut maybe 2 or 3 inches from your ends will definitely allow your top canopy to spring to life! :cheese

missjessiecakes
March 23rd, 2010, 11:45 PM
Huh? Layers? Some one's talking about layers?

I am too entranced by your break dancing cow avatar to think about layers! :lol:

Some long layers should look great. And if you just do a few and keep them long, if you don't like them, it won't be too long before you can kiss them buh-bye.

I second that cow sentiment. Its adorable.

But the layers would look lovely I am sure :)

Curlsgirl
March 24th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks ya'll!!! I knew I could count on you! I am a little scared is that normal? But yes I am hoping the curls will do a bit better, just not really happy with them for a while. I hope I am not sorry!!! I'll definitely post pics and I am going to a very good hair stylist :)

BattahZ
April 4th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hey curlsgirl,

I was reading some older threads on layers in long curly hair and saw that you'd been debating getting some for a while - how do you like them?

Nyghtingale
April 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Can't wait to see.

spidermom
April 4th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Pictures Curlsgirl?

manderly
April 4th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yay! I saw someone do a youtube video about their deva curl haircut. It was really cute, and she straightened her hair because she was curious how it would look and it was great. Essentially long layers.

Can't wait to see, I love having long layers...I need to get mine done up again.

FrannyG
April 4th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Waiting with the others for pics. :drama:

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I'll have to look up the DevaCut clip, thanks for mentioning that, Manderly! I'm curious about how curls should be cut as they get longer, as the curly cuts I've been getting lately look fantastic until your hair gets past APL, then the layers look funny.

freckles
April 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Waiting with the others for pics. :drama:
me too! :D

Bethie
April 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
:bounce: Waiting on pins and needles for the pics. I think that your hair will look lovely with long layers.

manderly
April 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I'll have to look up the DevaCut clip, thanks for mentioning that, Manderly! I'm curious about how curls should be cut as they get longer, as the curly cuts I've been getting lately look fantastic until your hair gets past APL, then the layers look funny.

Here's the video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9XapsqHeo&feature=related

ETA: Ooh, and I hadn't seen this before, this is how they do the devacut. I may attempt this on my own since there are no stylists in my area trained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PO4vc13pbs

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Thanks! Wow, her hair looks fantastic. I wonder if she'd post a clip of it curly, too.

manderly
April 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks! Wow, her hair looks fantastic. I wonder if she'd post a clip of it curly, too.

She did! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ktbxtUboQ&feature=related

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 03:20 PM
You're my hero :) Her hair looks fantastic! I used to have a cut a lot like that, but with 3a/b curls (similar shape though). It's a lot of fun but doesn't really grow out that well, if you ever want to go longer.

Shermie Girl
April 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Yoo Hoo! Curlsgirl, where are you?

How did your hair turn out?

Enquiring minds want to know. :bluebiggr

Curlsgirl
April 5th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Sorry guys! My Dad became seriously ill last week with double pneumonia and I had to drive up to Pittsburgh to be with him. I had an appointment and of course had to cancel. He is improving but still very sick. I had to come home to work and now my Mom is having health problems. Lots going on :( I am putting the cut off for a while, just don't care much right now about anything but them ya know? I promise if I do it though I will post pics.

Lamb
April 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry guys! My Dad became seriously ill last week with double pneumonia and I had to drive up to Pittsburgh to be with him. I had an appointment and of course had to cancel. He is improving but still very sick. I had to come home to work and now my Mom is having health problems. Lots going on :( I am putting the cut off for a while, just don't care much right now about anything but them ya know? I promise if I do it though I will post pics.

Curlsgirl, :grouphug: Thinking of you and your parents!

Cailie
April 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM
My best thoughts and prayers to you and your family :(

manderly
April 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Awww, sending my prayers to you and your family :grouphug:

Please get well soon, Curlsgirl's daddy!

BattahZ
April 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thinking supportive thoughts for you! Hope your parents both feel better soon.

freckles
April 6th, 2010, 05:39 AM
My thoughts go out to you and your family. :hug:

redneckprincess
April 6th, 2010, 07:26 AM
cant wait to see pictures!!!

Shermie Girl
April 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM

Oh, I'm sorry that your parents have been ill. I hope that they are both feeling much better, soon. You must have been worried sick. :grouphug: :flowers:

Life is what happens while we are busy making plans. You'll get a chance to do it, eventually. :bluebiggr

spidermom
April 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your parents have been ill; healing, good health thoughts going out.