PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have protein powder for their hair growth?

pdy2kn6
March 23rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Does anyone eat protein powder for their hair growth? I baught some pea protein powder and whey protein powder from the shop. I haven't noticed any noticeable difference in growth yet, but thenagain I'm not a monthly measurer. Do you guys take any protein powders daily? I also take it because of my workout regime. No one has heard of any harmful side-effects of daily protein shakes have they? Any other benefits?

Tovah
March 23rd, 2010, 04:00 PM
I have protein powder every morning, but not for my hair.
I use it in a shake for my breakfast. I use egg white protein, (vanilla flavored) with orange juice and a few ice cubes in a blender. It's delicious and I take my mult-vitamin and biotin and folic acid with it.

I make up the calories at work-a colleague keeps a drawerful of chocolate in her desk!
Every time I get aggravated I seek solace in chocolate. It's a balance..........

Kirry-Folk
March 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
I drink a protein shake every day, in part for hair, but mostly for general wellness (I'm primarily vegetarian and often I cannot get enough protein in one day).

My protein powder of choice is Designer Whey's Vanilla Praline powder mixed with about 12oz of 2% cow milk or almond milk.

Reppyboyo
March 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Never noticed a difference in my hair growth from protein powder but then again I never really paid attention as I was/am doing it to stop my legs acheing.

elina333
March 23rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Yes, I drink at least two shakes a day due to my workout routine and also for hair growth.

Themyst
March 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
I've been drinking Nectar protein powder, not for hair growth, but for muscle health. I've noticed my nails are stronger and whiter and my hair is growing at an astounding rate - faster than it ever has.

emmabovary
March 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
I used to drink them after working out. Have no idea if they had any effect on my hair, though.

Ash
March 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
I drink them for the extra protein. I have not noticed any hair growth from this, however I have not been able to use coconut oil for over a year (slightly less time than I have been drinking daily protein shakes.) The coconut oil which supposedly helps hair retain protein makes my hair really crispy and tangly now, perhaps there is a link here.

prittykitty
March 24th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Last time I drank protein shakes, all they did is made me gain unwanted weight.

seraphine
April 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I take this; http://store.veganessentials.com/vega-complete-whole-food-health-optimizer-p1335.aspx
It has been designed by a raw food athlete, and I had to get it, seeing it's wholefood sources and the complete vitamin content, it's INSANE! It also has plenty of protein in it, but just so much more as well, which is never bad, right? ;)
I got it in vanilla chai flavour, and today I had it for the first time in my green smoothie, it tastes really delicious... and I am expecting super health :)

PadmeAmidala
April 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I've got some egg white protein powder which I use sometimes, but not especially for my hair.

Good idea to try if it works for hair growth... gives me motivation to drink this stuff regularly, because the taste is... urgh.

*thecatsmeow*
April 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Does anyone eat protein powder for their hair growth? I baught some pea protein powder and whey protein powder from the shop. I haven't noticed any noticeable difference in growth yet, but thenagain I'm not a monthly measurer. Do you guys take any protein powders daily? I also take it because of my workout regime. No one has heard of any harmful side-effects of daily protein shakes have they? Any other benefits?

I was wondering how long you have been taking the protein powder? It could take quite a few months to notice any difference in growth. Also even if you don't notice a difference in growth rate it could be making the hair that grows stronger(less likely to break off)

vdhendrix
April 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
i drink a soy protein shake everyday for my hair and working out

pdy2kn6
April 30th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I was wondering how long you have been taking the protein powder? It could take quite a few months to notice any difference in growth. Also even if you don't notice a difference in growth rate it could be making the hair that grows stronger(less likely to break off)

I have been taking it for about 6 months now, everyday. I love the taste of the pea protein powder I take. Although I am really interested to try a different type of protein powder. I have got whey protein powder too, (it was a buy two get one free) so I got 2 pea, 2 whey protein. I think the whey has a wierd taste though.