PDA

View Full Version : Longest braid world record

ilovelonghair
March 23rd, 2010, 05:00 AM
This video is in Dutch unfortunately, it's about a salon in India where they made the world longest braid (30 meter), for the Guinness Book of records. It was done with fake hair in 4 hours, it weights nearly 300 kilo and cost 2400 euro. It was decorated with flowers, pearls and even money:

http://www.nuvideo.nl/opmerkelijk/36259/beautysalon-maakt-langste-vlecht-ter-wereld.html

curlylocks85
March 25th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Wow, that is long. Now there just has to be someone who can beat that record with real hair. ;)

Atalanta
March 25th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Good Lord! I want some of those flowers for my hair! :inlove:

ilovelonghair
March 27th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Some of the decorations were really nice. I got some similar ones, but smaller and easier to use.

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 02:39 AM
I have never seen hair that long and healthy! Thanks for sharing.. I'm envious over here :)

electrocutions
March 27th, 2010, 03:02 AM
That is an incredible feat! It looks like she's getting married, I think. To have long, gorgeous hair adorned like that is really something. :surprise:

Dreams_in_Pink
March 27th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I almost fell over, thinking that's her NATURAL hair :D

ilovelonghair
March 27th, 2010, 03:24 AM
No it's all fake hair, I don't even think it was human hair they used. It was just for a challenge to see if they could make it into the Guiness Book of records and they did :). They dressed the girl up in a wedding dress, that was just something they wanted to do to make her look nice and they wanted to show authentic Indian wedding clothes.

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 03:40 AM
No it's all fake hair, I don't even think it was human hair they used. It was just for a challenge to see if they could make it into the Guiness Book of records and they did :). They dressed the girl up in a wedding dress, that was just something they wanted to do to make her look nice and they wanted to show authentic Indian wedding clothes.

Are you serious?? Wow.. I feel deflated! :confused:

electrocutions
March 27th, 2010, 03:50 AM

Aww, I see. Haha...well, despite that, it's still something to dream about. I think it would be synthetic hair then (which is a lot heavier than real hair). Talk about an elaborate headdress! Can you imagine having that for a weave? :disbelief

*Rose Red*
March 27th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Oh, it really looks great! But never forget itīs fake hair, not as adorable as our hair :D