PDA

View Full Version : New way to do sock curls.

Ballerina_Boo
March 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM
So last night i was experimenting with curls and discovered a great comfortable way using a stretchy fabric head band instead of socks. http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac27/Azure_Edwards/?action=view&current=Movieon2010-03-23at13162.flv

The results are just like sock curls but more comfy in my opinion.

LisaB234
March 22nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the video - that looks easy and comfy for night-time. Do you have an after picture?

Ballerina_Boo
March 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately i didnt take one this morning but i will take one tomorrow morning and then post it up.

Heavenly Locks
March 22nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
That's great :) Thanks for sharing the video too. You're adorable! :flower:

steph in tx
March 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see an after pic.

Keep It Flowin
March 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
That's what I was wondering about.... an after picture. I'm not even familiar with "sock curls"

paperwhite
March 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
I'd love to see an 'after' picture :) I couldn't watch the video though, Photobucket always crashes my browser. It's weird.

simplysnuggle
March 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
:gabigrin:Great idea! Luckily I don't need to do sock curling.

ZaBasDa
March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
That even looks like something that could be worn out in public.

Teacherbear
March 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
I'd love to see an 'after' picture :) I couldn't watch the video though, Photobucket always crashes my browser. It's weird.

Yep! That's what just happened to me. :pins: Argh!

I love the little buns, though. They look easy enough and comfortable enough to wear nightly! I'm dying to know what it looks like the next morning!

I think my hair takes and holds a curl easily enough that if I spritz my hair with water at night it would be sufficient for creating lasting curls. I wouldn't need to use aloe vera gel or any other type of styling aid. :cheese:

I'm thinking of trying it tonight!!!

serious
March 23rd, 2010, 01:47 AM
That even looks like something that could be worn out in public.

I agree, it looks cute!

Marjolein
March 23rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
That's a great idea! Thanks! I also found the socks to be somewhat bulky and uncomfortable, but this works just fine.

Ballerina_Boo
March 23rd, 2010, 02:37 AM
Ok here is a picture of them after only a hour in the head bands.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac27/Azure_Edwards/Photoon2010-03-23at19342.jpg

Marjolein
March 23rd, 2010, 04:00 AM
Wow, instant volume! As I already said: great tip, thanks!

LisaB234
March 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Oh, that is so pretty - soft and full! What did you spray your hair with before you rolled it? Water? Aloe/water? Thank you - MUST TRY THIS!!

lapushka
March 23rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
Amazing idea those headbands, pure genious! :D And the look is really cute!!!

FrannyG
March 23rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Great idea! That's much easier than the socks--I just tried putting one in.

Love the after photo too. Beautiful. :blossom:

little_cherry
March 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Fantastic! I'm going to have to try this...I have lots of headbands..

sibylla
March 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Thank you for sharing this idea!I just bought a very expensive japanese hairband and now I´ve found a new use for it-plus-I get to buy another one...hihi.

halo_tightens
March 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
I think I want to try this just as a comfy sleep style, which I still have trouble finding from one night to the next. This might be comfy enough-- and still stand up to my wild sleeping!

I use those very headbands each morning and night when I wash my face, so it'll be easy enough to try it out. :)

Ballerina_Boo
March 23rd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Oh, that is so pretty - soft and full! What did you spray your hair with before you rolled it? Water? Aloe/water? Thank you - MUST TRY THIS!!

I just sprayed it with a leave in conditioner to make it a bit damp. Mine is a coconut milk one.:D

GlassEyes
March 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
I think it's that leave-in conditioner by Organix with coconut milk.

Looks nice!

Gabriel
March 23rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for posting this! I tried it and it came out so cute and was so easy. :)

Suze334
March 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
So last night i was experimenting with curls and discovered a great comfortable way using a stretchy fabric head band instead of socks. http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac27/Azure_Edwards/?action=view&current=Movieon2010-03-23at13162.flv

The results are just like sock curls but more comfy in my opinion.

Thanks- This has become my new sleeping do. Love it!

tcheney91
March 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Has anyone else tried this and got good results? My hair is much longer than yours, Ballerina_Boo, but I'd like to try this some time.

Demetrue
March 27th, 2010, 06:18 PM
That looks so cute - I would love to do it using two tan headbands and wear it as an up-do.

NuclearMosquito
March 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the video! It just so happens that I bought two soft headbands today. You've given me an excuse to SMT tonight and try these.

CrisDee
March 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM
That is SUCH an awesome idea! You can sometimes buy those headbands in multi packs at the Dollar Store - will definitely try that as soon as my hair gets long enough :)

SarahBeth
August 12th, 2010, 08:08 AM
what a greet idea, i'm definitly going to try this

madeline_
September 6th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Can anyone explain to me how this is done? I love sockcurls, but they are such a hassle to sleep in. This has made me very curious about a more comfortable way to do sockcurls, but I can't see the photo anymore, the link doesn't seem to work?

GlassButrFly
September 6th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Can anyone explain to me how this is done? I love sockcurls, but they are such a hassle to sleep in. This has made me very curious about a more comfortable way to do sockcurls, but I can't see the photo anymore, the link doesn't seem to work?

The link just goes to her main album. The video showing the sock curls is the one on the top right, it says "Stretchy" above it.

Suze334
September 6th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I twist my hair before rolling and do three sections using smaller bands and I get beautiful ringlets in the morning. This is the best method for my straight, fine hair.

madeline_
September 7th, 2010, 07:49 AM
The link just goes to her main album. The video showing the sock curls is the one on the top right, it says "Stretchy" above it.

I obviously don't have the faintest idea of how to work Photobucket, because I just created an account and all it shows on that link is one page with four photos, no videos to be seen. :confused:

Suze334
September 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
All you do is go to the first post and click on the link. A page will come up that has several pictures. The 4th one over has the word "stretchy" over it. Click the picture to get the video instructions. That works for me. :)