PDA

View Full Version : Hair compliments :)

hufsa
March 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
Just started my new routine two weeks ago, and today my boyfriend asked me if I had done something new to my hair, as it was, in his words: "Your hair looks so glossy/shiny."

Hehe, I'll have to mention that it was a nice day today with sun, so it was good condition for reflections, but it's not often that he comments on my hair like that:)

Other who have gotten compliments after changes in their hairroutines?

farewell_nancy
March 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
My sister visited last week...during week two of my no poo experiment. So I washed my hair with egg (that isn't cheating right?) and she told me my hair was looking really good and healthy. But that was a really good hair day for me. Apparently egg gives my hair really nice volume and brings out the best waves I've ever had, and I'd done a heavy oil treatment the night before ;).

Even if I do manage to give up shampoo I don't think I could quit the occasional egg wash.

BelleBot
March 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
I got a really nice compliment today. One of the older gentlemen I'm working with in a theatre production commented this evening that my hair always look very pretty as I have it in a different updo every week. So he said it's interesting to see the little changes I make and different sticks and clips I use.
Really made me smile. Usually I get compliments when my hair is down, it's nice to have compliments on my hair when it's up. :)

hufsa
March 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
I see what you mean! I have just recently joined this site, and I am really impressed by all the nice updos all of you make. And fun to get compliments when you don't expect it! It's usually the ones that makes you most glad!

I'm no expert yet; I just leard the lacy wrap bun! And I don't even have a hairstick or anything.. Just bought harielasticks without metalbinding...

I wan't to buy some simple hairforks but I find that still I find them quite expencieve! (Haha, havent gotten used to the priceses of hairfanatics' hairtoys! But I guess I will..)

walterSCAN
March 23rd, 2010, 10:19 PM
I got a really nice compliment today. One of the older gentlemen I'm working with in a theatre production commented this evening that my hair always look very pretty as I have it in a different updo every week. So he said it's interesting to see the little changes I make and different sticks and clips I use.
Really made me smile. Usually I get compliments when my hair is down, it's nice to have compliments on my hair when it's up. :)

Yay for updo compliments! I got one today, but I may have inadvertently solicited it... I asked a girl in my class (with gorgeous elbow length 1b hair) if my bun was centered after I put it up, and she said, "Yes, and it looks very nice."

:shrug: Made me smile regardless...

PineappleJello
March 25th, 2010, 08:20 PM
While I was at work today a person, who told me he was a hairdresser, said 'Don't ever cut you're hair.' I don't know if he actually was a hairdresser. I thought that was a pretty big compliment. Unfortunately I was too overwhelmed with the line up at my till to tell him I was planning on growing it quite long.