PDA

View Full Version : Your "Forever" Style

Pixna
March 22nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
If you could wear ONLY ONE hair style forever more, what would it be? Down? Bunned? Braided? Please be specific (i.e., which particular type of braid or which particular type of bun).

HairColoredHair
March 22nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
Probably a braided cinnabun for ease, comfort, and versatility. :)

Kerynna
March 22nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
I'm really loving a low celtic knot bun these days. But a single braid is probably the most comfortable and functional of the styles I typically use.

strawberrywine
March 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
I am going to go with the predictable answer and say down, flowing and free :)

lexiflowers
March 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'd have to choose wearing it down. For all it would drive me mental sometimes getting in the way I'd be so upset to never be allowed to wear my hair down again. Wearing it down is the main reason I like having long hair!

longhairdream
March 22nd, 2010, 10:58 AM
I would, once my hair has reached mid-back, keep a long ponytail :)

rach
March 22nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
braided bun :D

Aevra
March 22nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Half up/half down with a single braid in the upper half.
Keeps my hair out of my face, incorporates a braid, and shows my length ^_^ everything I like in one.

pinchbeck
March 22nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
One single braid. It protects my hair, stays out of my face, and doesn't bug me~

Sylvanas
March 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
For me it would be a topsy tail similar to this http://www.tempodancewear.com.au/images/featurePonyTail2.jpg

It keeps the hair out of my face, is comfortable and it works well in job, casual and party settings. I prefer the look of all the hair down, but that wouldn't work as a "forever" style for me, so a topsy tail is a good compromise.

Mama Bee
March 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Oh, definitely all down! I wear it in low ponytails if I'm doing work around the house, and I often put it up in braided/twisted styles if I'll be out and about, but I'd go batty if I couldn't feel it flying around me now and then.

I used to put it all up for performances (I'm a classical musician), braids and sparkly clips and all that. But as it has grown, I've decided it's easier to just keep it tucked over my shoulders so it doesn't drift onto the piano keys - long, flowing hair (especially if I braid it in advance so it's got some wave) ends up being a much more classy, striking way of accessorizing than all the fancy hairclips I have in the drawer!

elliebean184
March 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Half-down, Half-up for me! All the benefits of long hair without tickling your face! (Or jumping into whatever you're working on!)

merseaone
March 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4254&pictureid=67415

I designed this hairstyle long before it came into style.

simplysnuggle
March 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I would actually hate to only wear my hair one way forever. I like variety:)

Little_Bird
March 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
This is an interesting and very dificult question. I want to say loose :D

But maybe my true answer is a 3 strand english braid, because it's practical and still shows the lenght :)

Great thing we can wear our hair in hundreds of thousands of styles :D

PineappleJello
March 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'd probably say long and maybe with a headband to kep hair out of the way.

missmandy
March 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
down definitely. i really like how it looks down, and how i look with it down. or, a pony tail, only half pulled through the last loop because it's easy, comfortable, and it keeps the hair out of the way. :)

lesbia
March 22nd, 2010, 12:24 PM
down, i think

myrrhmaiden
March 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
long, straight, and parted in the middle. Classic Scandinavian.

Jessikinz
March 22nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Braided bun, because I can never get them to stay bunned.

ArienEllariel
March 22nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
down! I just love the feeling of my hair when it's down even if it might get in the way at times.

going gray
March 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Low ponytail would be my choice I suppose, scrunched up to look like a bun.

GoddesJourney
March 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
English braid at nape, unless that means I can't wear it down, in which case down and flowing.

Carolyn
March 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
As much as I love a bun or a single braid, I'd have to say down. I'd miss that the most if I couldn't wear it that way. I assume we aren't talking about risking damage, just the preferred style.

MissMandyElizab
March 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
dutch braid in to a low bun! It seams i do that one alot even now.

Almandine
March 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Double braids without a doubt. It's the hairstyle that just looks best on me. Plus I like the way the braids hang down in front with the two sides of my flannel shirt, it gives a nice vertical line effect.

LoversLullaby
March 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'd choose to wear it down. I like the way it feels, even if it's not the most protective style. If I absolutely HAD to have one, I'd pick this because I would enjoy it most.

RocketDog
March 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
A single, neatly done 'dianyla' style english braid, no question! Shows off the length but keeps things contained and protected.

Xandergrammy
March 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
A single English braid.

Ballerina_Boo
March 22nd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Definitely down but with bun curls. Thats how i like my hair the best.

Twil
March 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
One long plain english braid. It's about the only thing I wear anyway!

Copasetic
March 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Probably a basic ponytail so I could keep it out of my face but still show the length.

MandyBeth
March 22nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hrrmm - braided bun. No one said I have to define the braid or bun type. Hehehehe......

But for only ONE.... Right now, I'd have to say braided version of Hypnotic's new Everyday bun. OMG, it is soooo well balanced, I have a fairly solid antler stick in that if I'm not careful, it'll pull out - and it's sooo light and relaxed, it's super comfy to wear.

Will probably change as hair gets longer.

Ksenia
March 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
I am going to break with conventional wisdom on this one and go for a coronet braid, either one or two English braids wrapped around the head and either pinned or sewn in place with a ribbon. It shows off my hair, looks far more complicated than it actually is, but keeps everything nicely protected.

Mae
March 22nd, 2010, 10:00 PM
I would say a bun smack dab on the top of my head. That way it would never get in the way and it wouldn't be uncomfortable when I'm doing exercises where I have to lie on my back. It would look a little strange, perhaps, but if I'm in a world where for some reason I must wear my hair the same way everyday, a little weirdness would probably go unnoticed :p

lunagoose
March 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
I would most likely wear my hair down, I find it very comfortable and low maintenance (considering the current length of my hair) . I like buns but they often come loose and my hair style starts to looks messy, high buns hurt my scalp and braids appear too thin at the bottom.

TXbarbie
March 23rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
I keep my hair down the majority of the time... I'm just used to "feeling" my hair at this point.

LittleOrca
March 23rd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Does this include my hair being at goal length? If my hair could be goal length, I would pick a braid. I am not sure what kind, probably the typical English one since I can do it, but if by magic I knew all braids, maybe a 5-stranded one. :)

hmmruka
March 23rd, 2010, 12:47 AM
I would leave it down if it didn't tangle or get damaged. Is this our dream hair you mean? Because I would love to wear my hair down for more than 2 days straight with out it trying to dread itself after a little bit of wind or sleeping on it. I would absolutely love that.

owlathena
March 23rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
One long french braid with a ribbon or headband...boring, but its practical and comfortable.

honeybrown1976
March 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
A long ponytail

Henrietta
March 23rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
Down by turn with ballerina bun by turn with any half updo bu turn with crown braid. But my number one is crown braid I think:)
Oh! I know! My own invent. Hair rolled around my head like a crown. This is my forever updo.:) I have even a photograph in my ID with this updo:D:D

Tornerose
March 23rd, 2010, 02:34 AM
Forever? I choose a LOTR Elven-style I think. Always looking like I escaped from some fairytale ;)

Arriens
March 23rd, 2010, 02:42 AM
I would go for the 'legolas' braid. (Or if there is another/better name for it, please enlight me).

windinherhair
March 23rd, 2010, 04:08 AM
If it was forever and I wasn't able to do anything else with it- then I would choose down. One reason I love to have it long. :)

freckles
March 23rd, 2010, 04:21 AM
this question is too hard :p I opt out. :lol:

stinamoo
March 23rd, 2010, 07:25 AM
**deleted**

JenniferNoel
March 23rd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Microbraids throughout the whole thing.

enfys
March 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
I am going to break with conventional wisdom on this one and go for a coronet braid, either one or two English braids wrapped around the head and either pinned or sewn in place with a ribbon. It shows off my hair, looks far more complicated than it actually is, but keeps everything nicely protected.

Yup. This is my choice too.

It affords some variation too, with the ribbons and so on.

It's practical, easy to sleep on. So many good points.

Braidmaid
March 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
I love the feel of my hair down. It makes me feel sooo feminine! But to be practical, a simple braid down the back is what I usually wear.

merseaone
March 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
I would love to see pics with directions of these hairstyles! Then I could attempt them!

Keildra
March 23rd, 2010, 08:42 AM
Fairytale braid, with ribbons because I like that style

UncommonTart
March 23rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
If I could only wear one hairstyle every day for the rest of forever, I might have to cut my hair. My main (mane?) reason for having long hair is the fun I have playing with different styles.

If I have to pick a style, though, I'd probably go with a classic braid into a bun. That way, I could continue to utilize my collection of hairsticks. (We can use different accessories, yes?)

pepperedmoth
March 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Definitely the one long English braid down the back. If I HAD to pick, that is.

Lady_C_longhair
March 23rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
I would love to choose a really elaborate hairstyle, but I'm afraid the thing that looks best on me is wearing my hair down...so that's what I'd go for

Merewen
March 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
I was thinking of picking something pretty but still protective, but you know what? I couldn't go forever without having my hair down. So down it is.

FrannyG
March 23rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
If I had to choose only one look, it would definitely be with my hair down loose. No question.

paperwhite
March 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Well, going on the fantasy scenario where environmental damage isn't an issue, I'd probably wear it down and enjoy the length. I do love being able to put it up and get it out of the way, but it's nice to show off the length and condition, too :)

Garnet66
March 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hmm..I'd probably go for a half up with some sort of braid. I like the idea of having it down but can't stand having hair in my face.

geosangel
March 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I would choose a simple pony tail. Can be sporty, can be business, and is quick to fix...(if my hair was longer, I might look at this question somewhat differently.)

yellowchariot
March 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
If you could wear ONLY ONE hair style forever more, what would it be? Down? Bunned? Braided? Please be specific (i.e., which particular type of braid or which particular type of bun).

Ok now Pixna, is this a trick question? :suspect: lol j/k
*decides to ruin the game and invoke the laws of hair growth and physics. . . for which I'm not intelligent enough to invoke the laws of physics, but tries anyway :o*

If you "forever more" had your hair in one of these styles, would your hair not grow out of a braid or bun? Making it loose, non-secure, and eventually falling out?

Though I think it would be cool to see what a grown out braid or bun would look like.

Ok now back to the game. . . hm. . . I'll go with a mohawk braid, it's one of the first styles that I learned and keeps my hair secure. :rockerdud

harpgal
March 29th, 2010, 01:19 PM
If you could wear ONLY ONE hair style forever more, what would it be?In a perfect world where I would do absolutely nothing, I would wear my hair down and loose. However, because I live a very active life, I wear a braided bun (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71774) every day and occasionally a braid wrapped around my head.

Hana
March 29th, 2010, 01:19 PM
LOOSE. and free, haha.
:D

Arctic_Mama
March 29th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I love buns, especially impressive looking (but easy) ones! Right now I am loving my infinity/figure 8 buns, but I think some of the knot buns will end up being my 'forever' style, once my hair is long enough.

Bonkers57
March 29th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Topknot! :D :cheese:

kitmarlow
March 30th, 2010, 01:59 AM
assuming I have the perfect length of hair that I'd keep my hair at forever to do my forever style (and not my short hair I have now) I would keep my hair in twin braids pinned up to the top of my head like Kirsten Dunst in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. there's a lot I dislike about her performance in that movie, but her hair is not part of that.

drquartz1970
March 30th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Hair hanging loose and free flowing most of the time. (windy/hot days & formal occasions excepted - of which a half-ponytail would do)

Kiraela
March 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Probably the same way I wear my hair 5 days out of 7 anyway - standard, three strand english braid starting at the nape, or just slightly above.

Juliannaissance
March 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
One single four-strand braid down the back...It was so hard to choose from so many different hairstyles, but this one would be more comfortable to wear daily. :)

rachelily
March 30th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Down :) My hair isn't too long yet so it wouldn't get very damaged being down all the time, plus that's all the fun to show off the hair!

TinyTim
June 1st, 2010, 02:27 PM
A low ponytail, i wear it most of the time any way and i like how it looks and feels.

jane53
June 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
I wear a low ponytail most of the time, though I'm trying to experiment with updos.

Noctifer
June 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
I would geuss an english braid only because that seems to be my go to hairstyle when i dont fell like do anything whit the hair

zenobia
June 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
Down. That's how I've worn it most of my life. :)

FrannyG
June 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
If I could, I would wear it down all the time.

Anje
June 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
Do we have to be able to re-do said style ourselves as needed, or is the permanent hairstyle truly permanent and will never change?

Probably I'd wear a single long braid, particularly if I get to still knot it for short periods (keep it out of the litter boxes when cleaning them, etc). Then I can wear a hat for sun protection, show some length, etc. I might opt for a bun of some variety, but there are days when buns are uncomfortable and I can't manage to sleep in them (not to mention the hat thing), so my final answer is "braid".

Unless I can have a perpetual, perfect crown braid that never gets sore or loose and doesn't require pins. :) I can't put up with loose hair for more than a few hours, nevermind forever.

sunshine-locks
June 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
hmm... probably a french braid, but one that has the length flowing out :)

pennylane
June 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
Another predictable answer here! Down boy down!!!!!:p

Down, flowing and free!!! :D

jasper
June 1st, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'd have to choose wearing it down. For all it would drive me mental sometimes getting in the way I'd be so upset to never be allowed to wear my hair down again. Wearing it down is the main reason I like having long hair!

My initial reaction to the question was the same, but I have to say for safety's sake that it would be a pony tail. There are more days when I have to have it at least back, if not up, and a pony tail would at least let it show. I would use a flat clip instead of an elastic and make it mid way between low and high.

spidermom
June 1st, 2010, 04:13 PM
Short enough to never annoy me.

klcqtee
June 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM
A half up rose bun held with either two small green sticks, or a metal free hair tie!

mrs carol
June 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
I'd wear mine in a cinnabun. It is comfortable and out of the way.

Tapioca
June 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Down-do-be-do-down-down...

jane53
June 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
really, down IS my favorite. But I feel like I can't wear it that way to work. Needs to be at least back or half up.

MissManda
June 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Down is my first choice, of course. But as others have stated, it can't be down all the time.

So it's between a half-up, a cascading fairytale braid, or a rope braid. If my hair was long enough, I'd also say Eresh's Fan Bun (I can't do that style yet, grr!).

sugarpixie10988
June 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Braided pigtails. It's cute and out of the way. It also hides the greasies fairly well :p.

BlueMuse
June 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM
Two hair sticks in a figure 8 bun. It's what I do when I need something easy that won't pull at my head, and it's the most reliable of my updos when it comes to not causing headaches.

rapunzhell13
June 2nd, 2010, 12:23 AM
I've yet to have hair long enough for it, but Torrin's Elizabethan hair taping looks both pretty and practical. I could see myself wearing it all the time. :heart:

Sammich
June 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
An English braid down my back, but not done all the way down. I like flowy hair, but I know it's inconvenient to have my hair down all the time. :p

Idun
June 2nd, 2010, 02:30 AM
My former hairstylist says that to have long hair is to have no hairstyle at all.

jane53
June 2nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
My former hairstylist says that to have long hair is to have no hairstyle at all.

FORMER, I notice. :D:rolleyes:

Idun
June 2nd, 2010, 02:33 AM
She is still a hairstylist. She´s just not mine anymore :D

Loreley
June 2nd, 2010, 02:37 AM
I'd wear it down. :D

Theobroma
June 2nd, 2010, 03:22 AM
I'm really fond of the lazy wrap bun these days, so I'd be likely to choose that. Or a French twist because it looks good, comes right every time, and stays up all day, but it might become difficult to do when I reach my goal length.

Othala
June 2nd, 2010, 07:00 AM
Down and loose.

XcaliburGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Cinnamon bun with hairsticks

myotislucifugus
June 2nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
Double braids. Or maybe a crown...

Lianna
June 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Half-down, Half-up for me! All the benefits of long hair without tickling your face! (Or jumping into whatever you're working on!)

I second that. :p

But with a middle part!

kabelaced
June 2nd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Forever style: down and flowing with magic powers so it stays out of my face when I'm eating/working/anything else :D

Cupofmilk
June 2nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
braided - It;s been in one or two braids for 6 years now - with the odd day down

Purdy Bear
June 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
I used to love doing two small braids at the side of each ear and then joined a the back for a hold back. It kept my hair out my face, and was lovely and cool.

Mystical9
June 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
My favorite way to wear my hair is down and straight however it can drive me crazy after a while. If I had to wear my hair one way forever then it would have to be pulled back in a low ponytail or loose bun.

EtherealOde
June 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
I saw a beautiful asian woman once with long hair and her style reminded me of an anime style. The hair looks like it's down from the front, but it is actually braided, just rather low down, only the last 8 inches about in classic length hair. It's quite pretty, though I'm not sure how you get the braid to stayd down so low, there must be a trick to the style.

If I could pull that look off, it would be perfect.

saskia_madding
June 2nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
I would probably do my go to style lately - a side split double lace braid that follows my hairline as closely as I can get it (I suck at this, so it doesn't end up being that close at all), joined into a single braid at my nape (I also suck at this part), and then bunned and held with a stick or fork.

This hairstly looks intricate but is actually really easy, looks pretty unique to most people, keeps my hair out of my face, and is really comfortable.

Maybe we should start action for actions pics of people's preferred styles? :)

TerraD
June 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
If my hair were bra strap length or longer, I would wear a single or double french braid. I can't wait until it gets long enough for that :rolleyes:

Bianca
June 3rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
Down... :)

beez1717
June 3rd, 2010, 02:07 AM
I'd probably like it to be a long long long ankle length braid.

SpeakingEZ
June 3rd, 2010, 02:16 AM
I would do an English braid secured about 6-8" down from the nape of my neck. At my current length, that's about half the length braided and half free. It keeps my hair secure and lets me show off my hair because it doesn't eat up very much length and kind of hides how tapered the hem is.

SpeakingEZ
June 3rd, 2010, 02:18 AM
Maybe we should start action for actions pics of people's preferred styles? :)

I second this!

. . . . I don't have a picture. :(

akevita2002
June 3rd, 2010, 03:28 AM
Down down down! I'm not a huge fun of updos and I really love my hair 'unchained'. Beside that I like the feeling of my hair touching my back, cheeks, arms etc.

eezepeeze
June 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Down, but with a poof in front to keep the hair out of my face...or maybe a comfy headband

But, in reality, it would probably be in a dutch braid