PDA

View Full Version : Chunk of hair three inches shorter in back!!

honeyblonde
March 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
I just had to cut my hair to bsl!!!! It was three inches shorter in the back than the front and sides. I don't understand it, it looked like somone cut out a big chunk!! Ugh!!! Why did this happen?? I sleep with my hair up, use a satin pillow case, do weekly hot oil treatments. At least it is all even now......no chunks missing. How can I prevent this from happening again?? :rolleyes:

HairColoredHair
March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Do you wear your hair up during the day? Perhaps it was rubbing on a chair or something similar?

Does someone sit behind you with scissors? :bigeyes:

Nightshade
March 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Was it at the nape of your neck? I had that from when I'd brush my hair, I'd hit that hair the hardest and it was breaking off :(

florenonite
March 22nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
It could just be that your hair grows at a different rate on different parts of your head. If you don't trim it regularly, this difference can become quite noticeable over time; one of our members here has hair longer on the right than the left because of how her hair grows.

countryhopper
March 23rd, 2010, 01:43 AM
I'm growing out a bob, and my back layers are 3 inches shorter than the front and sides. Did you have the same thing?

honeyblonde
March 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks all!! HCH, ha/ha!! No, no one is behind me with scissors...at least I don't think so! I think it is the combination of not having regualar trims, first trim in a year! Yes, it was at the nape, will try to be more gentle with brushing!! I am very happy now, will start having regular trims! Will post some pics. when I figure out how.

tralalalara
March 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
A lot of my nape hair is thinner and just reaches a shorter terminal length sooner. Like that section of baby hairs around the edge is really large or something.