PDA

View Full Version : Yet ANOTHER way to be trapped by my hair

Qamar
March 22nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
OK, I'm used to being trapped when my honey rolls over onto my hair, or when the seatbelt retracts with my hair. I'm even used to it getting stuck on the cup hooks in the potty. I take measures to prevent those as much as possible.

Just now, I discovered ANOTHER way of getting trapped by my hair. The cat jumped up on the back of the chair (the first step in her trying to force me out of my chair so she can have it), and promptly got her feet and then the rest of her all tangled in my hair. Mind you, this is not a kitten, but a full sized large furry kitty beast. At least she's a cute hair hazard...

09robiha
March 22nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hahahahahahaha :)
my kitty just learnt how fun it is to play with the ends of my hair...and eat them lol

lizzyjo
March 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Haha! I can imagine that as if it were happening cartoon-style!

Joette
March 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
This thread means nothing without pictures. :D

sherigayle
March 22nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
My cat likes to play with my braid tassel. His new game is to sneak up on it in the middle of the night. He is all teeth and claws, so it's not as amusing for me.

beez1717
March 22nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
rofl.!!! it reminds me of when my brother's chiuaua cavalier king charles spaniel puppy decided that my hair was the best thing he could chew on at the moment.... it was super cute but super annoying!!! I had to put him on the floor (I was holding him) and then walk away before he finally gave up!

ArienEllariel
March 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
haha! that's too funny. To think I'll have to deal with this in a few years when I get a cat..

Qamar
March 22nd, 2010, 05:50 PM
This thread means nothing without pictures. :D

*LOL* I wish someone had been around to take some. It was pretty funny.

Twil
March 22nd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Awww I've had a cat swat my braid so hard it smacked me in the face. I think he did it on purpose, he was begging for some of my food.

I love your kitty hazard.

simplysnuggle
March 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
haha my cat used to do that to me all the time to! Sometimes when I would sleep with my hair down he would try and make a bed in it. Good times!

TiaKitty
March 22nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
LOL! I've had small animals trapped in my hair (rat, guinea pigs, squirrels), but never a cat. That had to be a good time!

It reminded me of the time I slipped on my muddy drive, landing on my arse, and my pack of dogs ran up to comfort me. My hair was down, and the fall spread it all out around me. I was trapped, held tight to the muddy drive by at least four dogs. I couldn't get up and they continued to comfort me by licking my face. A perpetual motion kind of thing. I actually pulled a muscle group in my neck, straining to get up while the mutts all stood on my hair!

little_cherry
March 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
HAHAHA :D
My MIL's cat is a catnip addict....so much that she got on the back of the couch and actually sampled my hair after a catnip soak! :D My green cheek conure likes to get stuck in my hair... o_O

Bethie
March 22nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
:D:D I am tempted to say "pics to prove" but I can picture it in my head, although everyone in it looks a little cartoony

Cirafly24
March 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
This used to happen to me when I was letting my kittens sleep in my bed. The little one liked to lull himself to sleep by sucking on my hair, and when I woke up, he'd be all tangled up.

Needless to say, after about a week the kittens got their own bed in another room!

nicolezoie
March 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
When Sonicdog was a babySonicdog, he was just about eye level with my ends. One day I was detangling in the bathroom and WHOOSH runs through the puppy with this big grin on his puppyface. Then, this other time he got ahold of my braid end, looked at me with a "Can I" face and I said heckno and he stopped. I did have to remove my braid from his mouth. Generally now though he doesn't mess with my hair because he knows its another part of me somehow. Sometimes wonder if he thinks my hair is like his tail... :) But, the most recent Attack of the Dog came after I did a hair pic while sitting on a tall stool. He basically sat down on my ends and I thought I'd done it. :p

duckish
March 23rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
I was playing the turtle game with my dog a few years ago and we somehow managed to get my hair wrapped around her paws, so my head was stuck to the floor.

It was funny, but we were really, really stuck. I had to call my brother over to help get us detangled.

Now I only play with my hair in a secure bun. :D

(The turtle game is the game where you curl up into a ball either with a toy or treat or without one and you make noises and your dog tries to get you to 'open up'. I know I'm not the only one who plays it and my dog loves it, but I don't know if it has a better name.)

TheStorm
March 24th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I have a cat that tries to climb up my braids (not as amusing for me as it is for the cat, claws and all...). Also used to have a king snake and it liked to bury itself at the back of my collar underneath all my hair and wrap itself up in it.

Qamar
March 24th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I have a cat that tries to climb up my braids (not as amusing for me as it is for the cat, claws and all...). Also used to have a king snake and it liked to bury itself at the back of my collar underneath all my hair and wrap itself up in it.

My friend's python LIVES to crawl down into my bra and give me a lumpy third boob. :eyebrows:

Rhiannon7
March 24th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Ohhh My! bad kitty! i know how you feel, my dog loves to play with my hair and get tangled in it when i leave it loose. she bites the ends, and loves to play catch the braid. and not forgetting my 6 year old nephew who loves to play toss the braid over auntie's shoulder over and over and infinity over again.

TXbarbie
March 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Oh gosh I'm getting hair envy just by reading these stories. Can't wait til my hair is that long! :)

Firegarnet
March 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I have a cat that tries to climb up my braids (not as amusing for me as it is for the cat, claws and all...).

I've had this happen both to a braid and when loose but tangled enough so the cat had purchase. Ow.

Now I have one who likes to play with it and grab it with either paws and claws or teeth. He knows he shouldn't and always looks to see if he's actually getting away with it. Actually my husband catches him at it more than I do, as I'm usually focused on the something with the computer at the time. It's odd it's only the one though, as I have his three siblings and mother and they don't care about my hair. Just the orange marmalade male.

I have had his mother get caught in my hair when she wants petting and just weaves oddly through it all when it is loose when it is in her way to getting to my hand or face to rub. But she stays put waiting for me to untangle her when she does get caught.;)

tcheney91
March 24th, 2010, 03:01 PM
My cat loves hair products. Don't ask me why, it must be the fragrances or something. But because of his bizarre love, he licks my hair. Just licks, no chewing or mauling, so I generally let him do it. Sometimes he can get his head tangled though, which is about seventeen kinds of hysterical.

GRU
March 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
My hair is curly (read: BIG), and it tends to get stuck in the car door when I get in the car. Ditto for rolling up the car window.

In our family, we don't call them "ponytail holders" or "elastics"... they are known as Retention Systems!!!

windinherhair
March 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Ouch!! That sounds difficult to untangle. I hope it wasn't too bad!

Venefica
April 5th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Just now, I discovered ANOTHER way of getting trapped by my hair. The cat jumped up on the back of the chair (the first step in her trying to force me out of my chair so she can have it), and promptly got her feet and then the rest of her all tangled in my hair. Mind you, this is not a kitten, but a full sized large furry kitty beast. At least she's a cute hair hazard...

My cat Maude decided she wanted to use my hair to climb up onto to sofa like if it was climbing rope once. Also when I first got her as a kitten I had waist length hair, I was eighteen at the time, she was not happy when I cut my hair for she liked to hide in it, she have not done that now that I have long hair again though.

MaryO
April 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Haha!! Sorry I laughed!

jacqueline101
April 5th, 2013, 06:24 AM
My cat lies on top of mine. I have it up lying on my pillow then my cat on top.