PDA

View Full Version : Almost an embarrassment

windinherhair
March 22nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
My husband and I were having dinner with some of his family. While we all were serving ourselves, I noticed one of my long hairs across my husband's plate! :bigeyes: My hairs are so long that half of it was already over the side of the table, so I quickly just pulled the end of it and let it fall to the floor. Thankfully no one noticed because they were busy putting food on their plates.

Then I immediately thought that one of my hairs could have ended up in one of the serving dishes too. :o (But that didn't happen!!) I have to be much more careful! His family has given me lots of nice compliments about my hair, but how uncomfortable that would be if it would end up in their food!

I have been used to my hairs being everywhere at home, even though I try my best to collect them as I am combing my hair. I need to be more careful when I am out, and have my hair down, especially when it is an occasion like... having dinner with my in-laws! :o

I may be shedding more too. It was a big change from the warm weather where we live, to the freezing temperatures here. It was one of the first days I wore my hair down too.

curlylocks85
March 22nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
Whenever a family member or I found hair in our food, my grandmother would tell us, "You know it's homemade and full of love if you found one of my hairs." That always made us smile and kept us at ease. :)

Carolyn
March 22nd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Whenever a family member or I found hair in our food, my grandmother would tell us, "You know it's homemade and full of love if you found one of my hairs." That always made us smile and kept us at ease. :):D I like your grandmother :thumbsup: Very practical advice.

Copasetic
March 22nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Close call! Maybe wear a hairnet next time you have guests over? :P

Deimos
March 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hahaha, I find hairs in my food all the time. And mine isn't as long as yours and I usually wear it up! Long hair = hair everywhere I gues ^^

kirstybn
March 22nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
I lost hair when I was waiting tables on a pier at the beach!! I had a bun in so I was doing all I could. I still got in trouble.

redtea
March 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
My hairs seem to get stuck on DH all the time. Most of the time they'll be on his shirt, but occasionally I'll see one of my blonde hairs sitting atop of his black head of hair, and always at the worst moments, like when we're out to eat with friends or when he's talking to a neighbor. :o I really hope they don't somehow appear on his head when he's at work!

eiwonob
March 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
I live with something similar. I'm yet to meet my DBF's family, mom and dad - I know his grandma and friends - because they are very rigorous (my mother-in-law is very jealous of his son and hates any girl around him :() and we are planning everything to keep us away from trouble, including the day they will meet me. DBF lives alone, once a week I sleep there, so... we are kind of paranoic with throwing away all of my shed long hairs from his house, as someone of his family can see them. It's not as bad as it seems, but we have to take care...

hmmm
March 22nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'd think it's unlikely to occur if you're wearing your hair up. Maybe you can try that when you have guests for dinner.

Islandgrrl
March 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
At least long hairs are NOTICEABLE. Shorthaired people shed, too, and um, those are pretty much invisible. :bigeyes:

IndigoAsh
March 22nd, 2010, 10:17 AM
lol I am always sweeping my hair up. It's everywhere!!! I don't find hair in my food gross or offensive when I know the person. People don't drag there hair through the yard before putting it in my plate... I hope.

windinherhair
March 22nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Whenever a family member or I found hair in our food, my grandmother would tell us, "You know it's homemade and full of love if you found one of my hairs." That always made us smile and kept us at ease. :)

I like your grandmother's words. :)

One thing to make clear-my husband and I were the guests over at their house, so of course I would wear my hair up if I had been at our house cooking.

At least long hairs are NOTICEABLE. Shorthaired people shed, too, and um, those are pretty much invisible. :bigeyes:

I was thinking at too! At least with long hairs we can find them, and get them out. :)

hufsa
March 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM

Was also thinking about this one...

SunshineHair
March 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
The only time hair in food ever grosses me out is when it is fast food..you peel back thew wrapper and there it is!!!!!!

Yur hair however would have been ok :)

Mama Bee
March 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
think I could vacuum my car every day and it would need it because of all the shedding! I justify putting stray hairs out the window since they're all natural, biodegradable, and maybe a fashion-conscious bird would want blonde highlights for its nest.

GoddesJourney
March 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
I put my hair back into a braid or bun before cooking AND before eating. Otherwise, it gets all over the place. I've had it happen. It's not fun.

little_cherry
March 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
The other day, my FIL found a hair in his burrito..thing is, I wasn't downstairs for around 24 hours prior nor did I cook that burrito. Was the strangest thing! :D

merryhair
March 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
Whenever a family member or I found hair in our food, my grandmother would tell us, "You know it's homemade and full of love if you found one of my hairs." That always made us smile and kept us at ease. :)Gotta love Grandmothers. On a side note, my sweet Grandma always wears her up but sheds a like TON! Everytime she makes breakfast and stuff, I get atleast 3 of her silvers in my toast.;):p

sally_neuf
March 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
hahaha! That's so sweet, my mom says something like that too, like "It's mine and it's clean!"

dropinthebucket
March 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
It *can* be embarassing! I remember a long time ago, in high school home ec class, we made home-made pizza. The girls had to get into groups of four. One of the girls in our group had long, black hair, down to her waist. Somehow, one of her hairs got into the pizza. The girl who ended up with it started pulling it out of her mouth, and just kept pulling, and pulling, and pulling ... and pulling, and pulling ... and pulling ... it was like those magic show handkerchief strings! Poor girls - I'm not sure which one was in more horror, the one who lost the hair, or the one who was eating it! :) Yes, maybe a bun?

elliebean184
March 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
This happens to me too! DH will notice a hair on his sandwich and pull it off only to find that it's still attached to my head! Luckily, he's not grossed out, just impressed by my hair's magical powers.

simplysnuggle
March 22nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
I almost always wear my hair up or tie it back because of that problem. Food+Hair=No Good

windinherhair
March 23rd, 2010, 03:55 AM
The other day, my FIL found a hair in his burrito..thing is, I wasn't downstairs for around 24 hours prior nor did I cook that burrito. Was the strangest thing! :D

That is funny. Reminds me of my FIL who was cleaning his apartment many times within a year, and he was still finding my hairs places even though I hadn't been able to visit within that time. :D

This happens to me too! DH will notice a hair on his sandwich and pull it off only to find that it's still attached to my head! Luckily, he's not grossed out, just impressed by my hair's magical powers.

Haha, your hair's magical powers. I like that. :p

Nini
March 23rd, 2010, 03:57 AM
No big deal I'd say, at least you caught it before he ate it;) (Now that's uncomfortable...)

Bethie
March 23rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
At least you caught it before he ate it. I don't mind finding hair in my food (DH doesn't either) however it is kinda gross when you have to pull it out of your mouth. But DH always gets a mouthful of hair when he wakes up, so I guess it isn't that bad.