PDA

View Full Version : Where could I find Diatomaceous Earth.

Juliannaissance
March 21st, 2010, 05:07 PM
Where does one find this Diatomaceous Earth? Are there certain walk-in stores that sell it? Or is it strictly on-line for the food grade? Are there bad or good side-effects?:confused:

Sorry if there is already a thread similar to this.

WaitingSoLong
March 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
There is already a thread

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34933

But it is extremely long. I was unable to find it locally (Indiana) and ordered mine from Amazon. There are two main sites, PermaGuard and Wolf Creek or something like that.

LoveMyLongHair
March 21st, 2010, 06:40 PM
You can find it in most feed stores but you MUST be very cognizant to get only the FOOD grade. the online retailers mentioned above sell bonly the food grade version, so you know well what you are getting there. Wolf Creek has a fabulous narrative on uses and benefits on their site.

HTH

Juliannaissance
March 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
There is already a thread

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34933

But it is extremely long. I was unable to find it locally (Indiana) and ordered mine from Amazon. There are two main sites, PermaGuard and Wolf Creek or something like that.
Yeah, It was a little too long, I was just hoping to start a new one about the DE. But thanks! So amazon huh? I should give that a try. :D

Merlin
March 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Where does one find this Diatomaceous Earth?

Doesn't it come between the Jurassic Earth and the Cenozoic Earth?

GrowAlready
March 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I bought mine at a cattle and feed store to get rid of bugs. I am thinking about trying this because it is just sitting under my sink taking up space.

myotislucifugus
March 31st, 2010, 12:12 PM
Just a thought... diatomaceous earth is a by product of strip mining... that's really the only way to get it...

LuXious
May 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Doesn't it come between the Jurassic Earth and the Cenozoic Earth?

LOL! Clever. Yep, I'm a nerd, too.

LawyerGirl
May 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I got mine on Amazon. A ten pound bag!! LOL. I think I underestimated how much that was!! :)

spidermom
May 13th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I bought some at a specialty pet store to combat fleas - which worked minimally if at all. The thought of taking it internally gives me the heebie-jeebies; I'll let my hair grow at its own natural rate.