PDA

View Full Version : HI from Colorado!

erino
May 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi, I am excited to keep growing my hair and am now facing a decision to either keep growing from about 24 in. or cut off about 2 inch of split ends?
My hair is now starting to really feel long and I love it! I am trying to grow my daughters hair as well, she has fine wavy/curly hair and it is a nightmare! It always looks like a rats nest. I hope I can learn from other fine curlies for her sake, (she's 2) and doesn't appreciate me brushing her hair at all. We are moving to Oklahoma in July, any Okies out there? ~Erino

Dancewithme
May 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Hi! I have a 2 year old too! : ) Her hair is just starting to get long enough to do things with and I can't wait until she lets me put it in cute little french braids. It's kind of hit or miss right now though as I'm sure you understand with this age! Sometimes she lets me put something in it and then 2 seconds later she rips it out and then sometimes she keeps it in for a few hours and then sometimes she won't let me near her head! Her hair is pretty fine too, I usually just use conditioner only to wash her hair or if there is a lot of dirt/food whatever in it (you know 2 year olds!) I mix a little shampoo in with the conditioner at bath time. The conditioner only method seems to keep her hair pretty soft and tangle free.

jera
May 4th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hi erino,

Welcome to LHC. Since you seem stuck about whether or not to cut off 2 inches of damage or keep the length, why not compromise and trim 1 inch of damage? :shrug:
That way you'll still keep some length while getting ritd of some damage and strengthening you hair's ends. :)

Good luck.

justgreen
May 4th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hi and welcome to the boards!
I'm an Oklahoman, but living currently in Wyoming.

Try using a bit of conditioner as a leave-in on your daughter's hair, after washing, while it's still damp. I'd throw the brush to the back of the drawer and use a thick comb or pick on her hair.

Radulfr
May 4th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome erino. :waving:

erino
May 4th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome and advice. I really appreciate it! I think I am definitely going to try conditioner only on my daughter's hair. The shampoo and conditioner is definitely not working. I like the compromise idea too, just cutting one inch. Thanks ;)