PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I typed my hair correctly...

Aevra
March 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Okay, so, obviously I"m new, hi! But I just had a really quick question about hair typing. When you sign up for LHC you are asked to use a code to see why type of hair you have.

Now, I'm not sure if I did it correctly or not, I didn't really understand the different types and their little codes.

Could anyone help me properly code my hair? Can you see it in my display?

Sarahmoon
March 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Unless you created those waves with a braid or updo, I'd think your hair falls more in the wavy range (2b or 2c maybe?) than the curly range. Judging from the picture I think ii is correct, could be iii but definitely not i. The texture I can't see from the picture.
I hope this helps, but I'm sure you'll get some more opinions.

Aevra
March 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
It does help. Thank you very much.:)

AmericanWoman
March 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hi. Hair typing is done after you wash. You're not supposed to comb or use any product or try to style it in any way. This is to help determine what the hair looks like naturally. Check the VIT sticky thread- you should see "Fias Hair Typing System" in the links. Forgot to mention, hair should be left to air dry, not blow dried

kwaniesiam
March 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi. Hair typing is done after you wash. You're not supposed to comb or use any product or try to style it in any way. This is to help determine what the hair looks like naturally. Check the VIT sticky thread- you should see "Fias Hair Typing System" in the links. Forgot to mention, hair should be left to air dry, not blow dried

This exactly. Hair typing can be tricky, some people find theirs changes as well when they gain more length and experiment with different routines. It's not too important to have it all figured out right off the bat, but washing and leaving it natural will be a good place to start. Welcome to LHC! :flowers:

AmericanWoman
March 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
This exactly. Hair typing can be tricky, some people find theirs changes as well when they gain more length and experiment with different routines. It's not too important to have it all figured out right off the bat, but washing and leaving it natural will be a good place to start. Welcome to LHC! :flowers:

So true. I always knew my hair was wavy, but I never realised how *curly* it really was until 4 years ago. Gee, all I gotta do is wash it and leave it alone and it styles itself? Who Knew??

Aevra
March 20th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Thank you guys very much for your help.