PDA

View Full Version : My strange hair!

merseaone
March 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=24047&dateline=1269111328&type=profile

This is my natural hair color, strange as it is. And I have one big curl in one spot in the middle of my hair that makes my hemline look uneven. My hair is 23 and 1/4 inches long now but I have had it trimmed several times since I last measured it at 21 inches... I have had a total amount of 3 inches trimmed off over the last few months.

curlylocks85
March 20th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe your hair gets waves as it gets longer. That certainly would not be strange. :)

merseaone
March 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe your hair gets waves as it gets longer. That certainly would not be strange. :)

My hair does get waves as it gets longer but I had a beautician cussing mad one time because she thought my curl was a knot!:pinktongue: It was so funny when she realized it was a curl! I never had the curl like this before, it just sorta showed up this year!

jexichan
March 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM

Seconded...or perhaps your hair is not all the same type. My hair gets wavier as it gets longer and also is almost curly at my nape even though it is very straight in the front. Wonders never cease! :D

Margeaux
March 20th, 2010, 03:24 PM
If the curl in the middle makes your hemline look uneven, would it be an idea to have it cut dry?

Kris Dove
March 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I have strange hair too- it's mostly straight but with flicks at the bottom(1b?) except for around the hairline where I have 3a ringlets, and the fringe bit at the front, even when I don't have a fringe cut, is wavy, about 2a.

merseaone
March 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM
If the curl in the middle makes your hemline look uneven, would it be an idea to have it cut dry?

I Have a friend that has really long hair that trims the hem and she does it dry. Last time I did it myself.... a bit unsure of doing it myself. One thing that drives me nuts is the fact that the ends are always dry no matter what I condition it with. They look like hay.

merseaone
March 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Being as the hem is straight and hay like, I have in the past used a curling iron on it to make it look good. I know curling rods are bad on your hair but as you see in the picture, it doesn't really look good. When I curl it it makes my hair look healthy. What do you think?

Arctic
March 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
It's also possible your hair grows faster from the sides, forming an inverted V-hemline?

I don't think your colour is strange at all, and many of us have different textures in our hair.

From the photo your hair does look a bit dry. It very well might be the curling is damaging the hair/ends, heat is a culprit to hair damage very often. Hair is dead proteins and cannot repair itself. How about using some foam rollers on the ends?

Demetrue
March 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM
If you did bun waves or rag curls before you went to sleep each night, you would have curls the next morning :>)

merseaone
March 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM
It's also possible your hair grows faster from the sides, forming an inverted V-hemline?

I don't think your colour is strange at all, and many of us have different textures in our hair.

From the photo your hair does look a bit dry. It very well might be the curling is damaging the hair/ends, heat is a culprit to hair damage very often. Hair is dead proteins and cannot repair itself. How about using some foam rollers on the ends?

I rarely do the curl thing and the rollers would take too long. As for the inverted hemline.... that is caused by the one full curl that formed int he middle of my hair.... just one, who would have thunk!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=24047&dateline=1269111328&type=profile
I find the color interesting, I have no color in my hair so where does the dark hair at the top (mixed with the silver) come from? Could it be the golden blonde was from my times of swimming?

merseaone
March 21st, 2010, 08:56 AM
I wash my hair in the mornings because my hair looks awful in the mornings! So the curlers at night are out.