PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent Hair in first 10 min of Alice....

Ravenwaves 88
March 20th, 2010, 08:03 AM
....in Wonderland. I watched it last night and in the first scene there was a woman in the background with what had to have been knee to calf long hair cascading over a period gown. Dark Golden brown tresses flowing free over a white gown. HEAVENLY!!!!:D

Did anyone else catch this?

Merewen
March 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yes I did. Too bad you can't rewind and pause the movie in the theater.

adiapalic
March 20th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Wow, I really need to see that! Mid-calf? That's the longest hair in a Tim Burton film. He tends to have women with longish hair in some of his movies. Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow come to mind. :)

crystal_k
March 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
i watched alice in wonderland the other eve but cant remember the woman you are talking about, i thought the gilr who played alice had pretty nice hair though.

deviantkitten
March 20th, 2010, 03:10 PM
The movie comes out on post here in a few days. Can't wait to see it!!! Even more excited now LOL. I will be on the lookout!

deviantkitten
March 20th, 2010, 03:12 PM
CRAP!!! Just checked the theater schedule, and it came out tonight!!!!! Oh well it is playing again next week. Good thing is, the theater will definitely be less crowded next week!!!

PineappleJello
March 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Judging by how it's been here it might not be less crowded, there might not be the long long line ups to get into the theatre though. My brother went on thursday and they said it was very crowded. I'm going next weekend, so excited :)

I've noticed since I joined a week or so ago I've been paying a lot more attention to hair.

naereid
March 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Long flowing hair and period gown? My heart will surely give out when I see this movie. :grnbiggri

Quixii
March 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Oo, I wanna see! Can anyone find a picture of that?

ArienEllariel
March 20th, 2010, 10:12 PM
darn it! I've seen Alice in Wonderland twice now and missed that both times. When it comes out on dvd I'm so going to search for this.. :D

Arriens
March 21st, 2010, 03:27 AM
Yes, I also noticed this. But I assume most people here were also looking towards the great updo's a lot of the guests had.

Niftytiffs
March 21st, 2010, 06:05 AM
For those of you who missed the hair in question, its in the garden party scene where Alice is supposed to be dancing (I think) with a chap. The long haired girl is in the distance and is walking up some stone steps. Its lovely long and wavy hair :)

Tiffers

Johanna
March 21st, 2010, 06:22 AM
I saw it too! I was so focused on the background I barely saw what was being said lol. I told my partner what I saw after the movie and he just stared at me blankly :P
So pretty!!!

slz
March 21st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Can someone tell me what a "period gown" is ? Sounds suspicious :D .

Aquamarine
March 21st, 2010, 07:09 AM
Wow, I wanna watch this now!

Johanna
March 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
I have found it!!!!! Yes!! Me being a complete internet freak has come in handy.
I bring you lovely ladies a screencap of the alice hair:
http://www.aliceinwonderlandmovie.org/photos/displayimage.php?album=128&pos=1

Oh yeah, click on the pic to make it full size to actually see the hair :P

Niftytiffs
March 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, thats the one :) Click on the photo in Johanna's link then it brings up a nice large version of the photo, the girl in question is walking up the right hand side of the stone steps.

Tiiffers

Aquamarine
March 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
I have found it!!!!! Yes!! Me being a complete internet freak has come in handy.

Oh yeah, click on the pic to make it full size to actually see the hair :PJohanna, You rock! Thanks for the link. She's like ascending the steps and Oh my gosh! Her hair looks incredible!:cheese:

merseaone
March 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM
I like some of Johnny Depps movies but not the freaky ones. Willy Wonka made me ill. this one looks silly to me but I do like his make-up job!

Ravenwaves 88
March 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM

Oh yeah, click on the pic to make it full size to actually see the hair :P

Thisis awesome! Now everyone can see what I'm talking about. You ROCK Johanna!

Beansidhe
March 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, I saw it too!!! I thought of this community when I saw that scene, and I knew there would be other people here who would be excited about that girl's beautful hair too (as well as some of the updos)! Thanks for letting people know and finding a screenshot! :)

I have to say, Alice's hair was very pretty too! Probably very artifically styled since it looks different from scene to scene, but it's still nice to see good, long-ish looking hair in a movie.

Am I offically hair obsessed? I think I was paying attention to the hair in this movie much more than the movie itself...

Deimos
March 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
I noticed the long hair directly the first time I saw the movie! It is really pretty...I do wonder if it is a wig or not. I mean, who bother putting a wig on someone only visible in the distance for a few seconds?

chopandchange
March 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM
I haven't seen it, so I'm just going by the screenshot. Most (in fact, all)? of the other females are wearing their hair up. Were the rest all "ladies" and that female was a younger girl perhaps not allowed to put her hair up yet?

Little_Bird
March 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
I've got no idea why the hell I didn't catch a glimpse of it!?... My sister was sitting next to me and she went like "did you see that hair" and I was like "what?"... I was so focused on the movie itself and the backgrouds and all I didn't see it =(

BUT! I will someday when I have the actual movie =D

Charlotte
March 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, I noticed it! :D

Johanna
March 21st, 2010, 11:39 PM
I'm glad I could help :) I had fun searching for the pic, it was a fun challenge.

pennyroyal
March 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
haven't seen the movie yet but her hair is amazing!

deviantkitten
March 22nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
She is in pics 33-36 as well. Frontal pics of her. Just to the right of the middle and in the 2nd row. and in pics mid 40's-50's. She does look a bit young, so maybe her character was little young to put her hair up. This was often done to girls until they were of "marrying age" or had started puberty

Arriens
March 22nd, 2010, 01:15 AM
I noticed the long hair directly the first time I saw the movie! It is really pretty...I do wonder if it is a wig or not. I mean, who bother putting a wig on someone only visible in the distance for a few seconds?
You would be surprised to see what detail there is in the background of some movies.
But here I do think somebody with long hair applied to be a background lady.

naereid
March 22nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
Can someone tell me what a "period gown" is ? Sounds suspicious :D .
Oh my, it took me quite a while to realize why it could sound suspicious. :uhh:

The movie is set in the time period of the 19th century. And the lady is wearing a dress from the 19th century. Thus, period gown!

Arriens
March 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
This was often done to girls until they were of "marrying age" or had started pubertyMaybe unmarried girls/woman weren't allowed to put their hair up. This also explains why the crazy aunt (the one waiting for her prince) still had their hair down.

naereid
March 22nd, 2010, 02:35 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the crazy aunt could have had her hair loose because that's sometimes a visual signifier of craziness in movies (that, as well as hair all chopped off in a fit of craziness).

It's a bit unusual to see that girl's hair all flowing like that because the Victorians would have considered it vulgar. Neat updos were the way to go. Even the small children would have had at least some ringlets and bows. And this girl looks like a teenager.
This updo in particular (http://frazzledfrau.tripod.com/titanic/psyche.htm) was supposedly popular with young ladies.

My guess would be that the girl's hair was let down just because it looked awesome, and not because it was appropriate for the time period. :grnbiggri

MandyBeth
March 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
She's also visible in the end section from the same "part" of the movie. Trying to not give it away, but if you want to know - spoilers as follows in the end when Alice is declining the proposal and all the guests are gathered. She's visible earlier on in that section, tho not in the end when Alice is speaking to the families.

yellowchariot
March 22nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
I just got back from watching the movie, however I did not noticed the lady that you were referring too.

Though I thought that Alice's wavy blonde hair was stunning, especially when she was wearing the silver coat of armor! :D

Almandine
March 22nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
I saw it right away! I pointed it out to my mum but the woman had already run off up the steps in the background. Glad some other people caught it too :D

Arriens
March 23rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
The movie is set in the time period of the 19th century. And the lady is wearing a dress from the 19th century. Thus, period gown!
Doh, I was thinking the 'other' meaning of period. :o Thanks for clearing that up.

Braidmaid
March 23rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
I just saw "Alice" this weekend. I saw the hair also. I have to say that the movie was fabulous! Fun and a positive message also!

Arual
March 23rd, 2010, 05:36 PM
I'm an extra in this film; in the scenes you are talking about. I made friends with the girl with the very long hair; she has been growing it for twenty years. :) All 250 if us had our hair styled every morning (at 3am!) for two weeks. Her hair was so lovely and long, however, that they decided to leave it down, with just a tiny french accent braid at the side.

lux_aeterna
March 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hah, now that's interesting! :D

I saw this thread before watching the movie, so *of course* I noticed her. ^^

EdG
March 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm an extra in this film; in the scenes you are talking about. I made friends with the girl with the very long hair; she has been growing it for twenty years. :) Wow, it's a small world. :cheese:
Ed

Aquamarine
March 24th, 2010, 03:26 AM
I'm an extra in this film; in the scenes you are talking about. I made friends with the girl with the very long hair; she has been growing it for twenty years. :) All 250 if us had our hair styled every morning (at 3am!) for two weeks. Her hair was so lovely and long, however, that they decided to leave it down, with just a tiny french accent braid at the side.Wow, that's cool:)

Wow, it's a small world. :cheese:
EdYep!