PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever painted their nails with Henna?

Star Eagle
March 19th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Hi

I've been doing this for several months now ... Its natural you only leave it on about 45 minutes and the stain lasts for 2 weeks, then it fades...

Star

Nat242
March 19th, 2010, 10:48 PM
You might be interested in these threads:

Henna on nails (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22861)

How does one henna nails? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15580)

Katze
March 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Henna on my nails never gets any darker than a pumpkin color, and lasts for the life of the nail. For my wedding, my toes were hennad and even the parts that had nailpolish on got a reddish-orange stain that has now (7 months later) grown out.

We used to occasionally henna stars or tiny flowers on nails just for fun.

Flaxen
March 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I've got one thumbnail done right now. :lol:

I wanted to see if I could get it to go a dark cherry, but after several applications, it's still only terra cotta, and it doesn't go with my skin tone at all, so I will be growing it out.

blue_nant
March 20th, 2010, 07:03 PM
so do you just draw it on like on your skin? how long do you let it sit? I want to put moons on my big toenails

little_cherry
March 21st, 2010, 01:43 AM
I used to henna my fingernails. I used to make a thicker dye released henna mixture so that it would not drip off my nails. The nail henna mix was different to my hair henna mix since I added a little honey and lavender EO.

After a shower I'd use a small paint brush to apply the henna to my nails. Usually, I would so 3 coats and let each coat dry enough to the touch. After the last coat, I apply some liquid bandage to the tip of my finger. This stops the henna from drying out. To protect it, I'd wrap my finger tips in paper towel and then sticky tape them. The henna was typically left on over night and in the morning it was scraped off. Since I couldn't avoid water contact for a few days like recommended, I'd apply liquid bandage to protect the nail.

I recommend Yemeni for nails.

doro357
April 1st, 2010, 06:48 AM
Hi, I used Rani nail henna. The color was a deep red. If I have time, I would apply it daily for 30 minutes. Sometimes every other day. It also helps to wear gloves while cleaning or washing dishes.