PDA

View Full Version : The fashionable long hair, spring 2010

Igor
March 19th, 2010, 09:02 PM
For those that don’t want to change colour or cut and likes their hair up, there are good news for the spring season! :cheese:
Link (http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--2010-hair-trends-womens-hairstyles-colors-cuts-2423.html)

Braids
Braids are the biggest thing in hair right now!
Link (http://dailyfashionandstyle.com/hairstyles/braided_runway_hair_styles_springsummer_2010-467.html)
http://i43.tinypic.com/28rjpex.jpgBraids with texture as in salt water or wet look products (Grab the coconut oil!)
http://i43.tinypic.com/28rjpex.jpgBraids of any kind: Herringbone, rope braid, English braids, crown braids
http://i43.tinypic.com/28rjpex.jpgPreferred as a side braid

Decorations
Link (http://www.stylecaster.com/news/5783/fall-hairstyles-3-hair-accessories-from-spring-2010-to-adopt-now)
http://i43.tinypic.com/28rjpex.jpgBows and scarves to tie around the head or any accessory that’s bright and beautiful (Plus points for a pastel 50s item :wink: )

Middle parts
Link (http://allwomenstalk.com/hot-new-hair-style-trends-for-2006/4/)
http://i43.tinypic.com/28rjpex.jpgStraight part but not ruler-straight, natural looking

Also, bangs/fringe is heavily in fashion, so if you got them, flaunt them! :rockerdud

clichepithet
March 19th, 2010, 09:08 PM
No! I've finally gotten comfortable with being unfashionable or what-have-you! They cannots have it now! *hiss*

;) Though it does crack me up. Thanks for the links, Igor!

ArienEllariel
March 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
It's about time right? :P

Carolyn
March 19th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Yay! :happydance::cheer::joy: I can live with that!

Lamb
March 19th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Those bows are scary! :tmi: The braids and the natural partings are refreshing, though. Thanks, Igor!

Katurday
March 19th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I've been seeing braids as a trend for a while now. I think Oscar De la Renta might a bit behind on the times there. And straight hair? THATS new? At least middle parts are finally in - I've been sporting one for the last 17 years xD.

adiapalic
March 19th, 2010, 11:54 PM
One girl with a head decoration looks like she has make-up to mimic a battered face--a little disconcerting. :o

I love the braids and the middle-parting though. :)

IcarusBride
March 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM
In the 'braids' link, all the pictures, the girls' hair looks dirty and severely abused. I think that's intentional, part of the look, but makes me cringe.

Johanna
March 20th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Looks like I've been unintentionally fashioable. I've been doing the side braid for the past few months. I wear my hair down for a portion of the day then tie it up to a side braid. the bottom few inches are pretty damaged (scheduled for a trim soon) so I can tie it up into a loose side braid at the bottom of the plait holds together through its natural splitty grippyness.
At least for now the splits have one thing going for them. :P

Heidi_234
March 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Fish Tail Plaits

The fish tail plaits presented at Missoni during the Spring/Summer 2010 show are meant to project the new revolution of hair braiding techniques. The refinement of the hairdo contrasted the non-conformism of the creations, by adding a high brow twist to the breezy summer dresses. Those who are inspired enough to experiment with the latest hair plaiting trends will find fish tail plaits the perfect option to live out their creativity and sport a unique look.

Umm...As if fishbone braids weren't around for years/decades/centuries now? :confused:

ArienEllariel
March 20th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Umm...As if fishbone braids weren't around for years/decades/centuries now? :confused:

Seriously?? Wow.. taking credit for something that's been around for forever... :rolleyes:

Loreley
March 20th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I like those side braids. I think I'll try that one! :)
But those huge bows... ugh. Maybe a very small black one is OK, but those are too much for me. ;)

Finoriel
March 20th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I´m looking forward to see someone on the street with such a bow :p
But that more advanced braids become fashionable is great :D there´s so much more than just English braids or three strand dutch or french ones and it was overdue that they become more popular again.

Rhiannon7
March 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Yay! now i'm in fashion. glad to know the fashionable industry is getting the message about long hair and protecting it with braids and scarves.

Upside Down
March 20th, 2010, 04:04 AM
haha so one year short hair is fashionable, next year long hair is fashionable. How do you follow that? Wigs, extensions? Wright... :)

elina333
March 20th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I just LOVE a messy sideswept herringbone braid... I wish I had longer hair so I could sport it right away! :pray:

Athena's Owl
March 20th, 2010, 04:15 AM
heh! the single braid on one side thing is high fashion?

that's my "i can't be arsed to go through the ordeal of air drying my hair yet" style. hot diggity!

cindy58
March 20th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Those bows are scary! :tmi: The braids and the natural partings are refreshing, though. Thanks, Igor!

That's a Minnie Mouse bow for sure!

Nae
March 20th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Oh boy, I need to get me one of those bows!!!:rolleyes: If it rains I could fit a couple of kids under there.

Yeah, I know the runway stuff isn't "really" what they wear lol. A little color in our hair will be fun and glad to see braiding being back in fashion. Fun post!!

RavennaNight
March 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM
The bows are very Alice In Wonderland. Kinda tough to pull off in reality. It's great to see long hair make such a fierce comback, although "super long hair" is described as "down to the midriff." :lol: Passed that one last year:lol:. But really though, how are regular hair style following folks supposed to keep up? Nobody can go from pixie crop to looooong braid like that.

Merewen
March 20th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Now THAT is a bed-head braid if I ever saw one. Excellent!

bumblebums
March 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM

The first bow kind of reminded me of a bichon frise that lives in my neighborhood. 'Nuff said.

Capybara
March 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I LOVE those bows! From the ages of 2 to 7, my "signature style" (can a toddler have a signature style? haha) was a gigantic bow, plunked right on the top of my head with one of those sprouty ponytails that make it look like you have a small tree on top of your head. I don't really know where my parents got the idea in the first place, because I was the only child in my family to wear the gargantuan bows, but I loved them! Great to see that they're back!

Now only to find one ... :eyebrows:

And, :happydance: :joy: hair friendly styles finally!!

natt i nord
March 20th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Those braids (especially the heringbones) look terrible, in my eyes. I like the idea of braids in fashion again, but they should get some models with healthy hair.

I actually like those side-braids though.

emmabovary
March 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Am I the only one to feel a tad bit uncomfortable when things I like get popular? Silly, I know :p but still! If I at least had long and layerfree hair so I could actually do these braids now, but nooooo I'm just gonna look like I'm trying to become fashionable :( hehe.

Aeltt
March 20th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Am I the only one to feel a tad bit uncomfortable when things I like get popular? Silly, I know :p but still! If I at least had long and layerfree hair so I could actually do these braids now, but nooooo I'm just gonna look like I'm trying to become fashionable :( hehe.

I'm thee same.. Always making fun of fashion and suddenly.. Whaaaat ? What i like is "fashion" ?
Makes me *almost* want to shave my head :D

I found this in my sister's magazine (called Muteen) this morning, i was SHOCKED (had to scan it) :
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/aeltt/hair.jpg

it says the braid (tresse = braid) is THE hairstyle for this summer, and it HAS to be wear on the side. :rolleyes:

bumblebums
March 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM

It's kind of a problem when things like this become fashionable, because some people want them overnight and look for quick fixes, from glueing extensions in their hair to rubbing all sorts of *#$@ in their scalps to make it grow "fast." But as far as I can see, it's not a threat to the longhaired folk here. It takes so long to grow healthy beautiful hair that it's doubtful that anyone would look at you and say, "Oh, she's just after the latest trend."

PineappleJello
March 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Some of the hair styles they mentioned are awesome, thank you for sharing this site. I had to laugh at peroxide blonde hair, bleached eyebrows and the Rhianna shaved hair cut/undercut thing (I was almost heart broken when she no longer had the long hair (not sure if it was real or not).

I like the 70's trend they have, not sure that I can pull the look off. And the braids, I love that when that style's even bigger I'll be one of two people in my class who can braid their hair without the use of extensions :)

FrannyG
March 20th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Don't worry. Styles will change and you'll be back to your unfashionable self in no time! :wink:

joiekimochi
March 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Yay I love braids!

I think long hair will ALWAYS be in, and be flattering for almost every woman. With short hair you need certain features to pull it off well, but with long hair, you are instantly sexy! Well that's just me...I grew up living with very short hair because my mother convinced me that I needed to have it cut short because my hair was too thin and fine to look nice long and cutting it short would make it seem thicker. It never agreed with my facial features, plus I ALWAYS envied girls with long hair because they were always the popular ones until I decided to grow out my hair when I was 15. Not that it made me a Playboy model or something, but with long hair I could make believe I was a fairy princess or a court lady, plus it gave me a lot more modeling assignments and I've never looked back since!

Juliannaissance
March 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
EXACTLY! I've always done fish tail braids.

renarok
March 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM
A messy side braid has always been my go to at home hair style. I am sporting one right now!!! I am so fashion forward. I don't like leaning on my braid when I sit, it feels like a knot on my spine.

phistash
March 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM

I like real fashion, the haute couture, avant-garde stuff, but the watered-down seasonal fashion trends just irritate me, because they are always things that have been around forever. When I was in high school, there was braid trend similar to this, and a henna trend, that the fashionistas actually had the temerity to call outdated a year later. What jerks. I'm sure everyone in India made sure to put their outdated henna away until it comes into fashion again. More recently, motorcycle jackets were on trend this past fall, and every celebrity under 30 was photographed wearing one. I was so angry, because I have been wearing my beat-up, totally bad-*ss, vintage motorcycle jacket for ages, and I hate looking like I'm just being trendy. Urrrrgh.

prosperina
March 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
So the side braid is fashionable? :D :lol: Great. Then I can roll out of bed and look in style. :cheese:

emmabovary
March 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm sure everyone in India made sure to put their outdated henna away until it comes into fashion again.

:laugh: This comment just made my day, thank you.

BunnyBee
March 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Ugh, their hair looks so fried. Apparently my braid is very fashionable after I just woke up :confused:

I guess the 'top hairdressers' don't care what condition the model's hair is in, only what it looks like that day.

jexichan
March 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I guess the 'top hairdressers' don't care what condition the model's hair is in, only what it looks like that day.

I guess so! It's a shame since they, being in the public eye, have a chance to model healthy habits. Maybe that will become fashionable one day. :)

PhillyGirl1978@
March 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Wow...when my hair gets long enough to do that messy side braid, I will so be doing that!! With the think curly hair, I have to grow it longer before it'll look nice. But once it does I think it'll be a perfect way to keep it out of the way and still looking cute.

vindo
March 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Awesome, braids and center parts :D thanks for posting!

I like real fashion, the haute couture, avant-garde stuff, but the watered-down seasonal fashion trends just irritate me, because they are always things that have been around forever. When I was in high school, there was braid trend similar to this, and a henna trend, that the fashionistas actually had the temerity to call outdated a year later. What jerks. I'm sure everyone in India made sure to put their outdated henna away until it comes into fashion again. More recently, motorcycle jackets were on trend this past fall, and every celebrity under 30 was photographed wearing one. I was so angry, because I have been wearing my beat-up, totally bad-*ss, vintage motorcycle jacket for ages, and I hate looking like I'm just being trendy. Urrrrgh.

I can relate I think...and know what I dislike most about seasonal fashion is how it is worn by some. To me it seems many of the Long Island Girls all follow this secret tacky code when dressing up."Individual style? What?" :rolleyes:

johnnysgirl
March 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Bleh. I've seen a hundred more beautiful hair styles here on LHC, and I'm but a wee newbie. We should do our own runway show, LOL!

simplysnuggle
March 20th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sadly most of those models have hair pieces/ extensions in but thats okay... Also I've noticed a lot of 40s styles coming back as well. I'm on the search for some long ones for us :love:

HintOfMint
March 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabovary http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1019682#post1019682)
Am I the only one to feel a tad bit uncomfortable when things I like get popular? Silly, I know :pinktongue: but still! If I at least had long and layerfree hair so I could actually do these braids now, but nooooo I'm just gonna look like I'm trying to become fashionable :( hehe.

I know exactly how you both feel. It doesn't help that Harper's Bazaar actually has regular sections of what is "In" and "Out" in those terms. Even wearing "classic" pieces is currently "in." What on earth? I hate how fashion treats every new trend as if that is the answer to their problems and the end of fashion history, when the truth is, once everyone loves it, they get sick of it and dump them. The rakes:eyebrows:

I love fashion, but I have clothes dating back to the 8th grade that I still wear. As long as you wear something in a way that it is obvious that it is YOUR look and not some magazine's, I doubt people will mistake you for being some trend slave. For example, the leather jacket over a tunic/minidress with dark tights/leggings, and booties? That is a pretty obvious trend reference. A leather jacket with a normal outfit? I don't think it will ruin your originality cred. Besides, it's a leather jacket. When will it ever be "out?"

HintOfMint
March 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM
By the way, your jacket sounds awesome!

ravenreed
March 21st, 2010, 03:36 AM
Nope. Hard to be a nonconformist when they up and make your style "In." How dare they!