PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Girl updo

IndigoAsh
March 19th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Ok, so after this afternoons hair dye flop I had to reconcile with my hair!!! Anyone where there hair this way out of the house? I'm working on perfecting it, but found it easier for my length hair to not separate it into two pieces. Posted some photos in my profile... gotta figure out how to post them in the threads.
I did, since the photo was taken a couple of hours ago, get this larger whirley bun into a somewhat flatter bun and managed to find a couple bobby pins. Would be cool if others shared photos of there old school hair with tips/tricks/suggestion.

P.s
I searched for this topic but couldn't find one.Feel free to point me in the right direction if I doubled the topic.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5062&pictureid=67212

ArienEllariel
March 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
That's really cute! I tried to do this hairdo the other day, but it didn't quite work for me. When I reach BSL it should work a bit better I think.

DragonLady
March 19th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Anyone where there hair this way out of the house?

I have! And I got a ton of compliments, too. :)

deviantkitten
March 19th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Can you please give a link with instructions? I would love to learn how to do this!

DragonLady
March 19th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Can you please give a link with instructions? I would love to learn how to do this!

Here are the ones I used: http://www.intimelyfashion.com/hair/gibson2.htm

IndigoAsh
March 20th, 2010, 05:47 AM
That's the link I used too. My hair was too long for her instructional though so I just combed all of my hair all the way forward put it in a loose bun and pinned. finished it off with my horn swan comb.
Gonna wear this out today ^.^

curlylocks85
March 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Awesome job! Thank you for posting the link. I have always wondered how this was done. It is so amazing that most complicated looking hairstyles are always so simple once you know what to do.

You should definitely wear it out; it looks great on you! :eyebrows:

RecklessCharlie
March 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Lovely! This look is so great and you can really pull it off :)

IndigoAsh
March 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the compliments you guys!! If anyone else does this up-do feel free to add your photos! Doesn't have to be the gibson up-do either, just any of your old school hair styles.

marikamt
March 20th, 2010, 11:03 AM
apparently I need LOTS more practice.... my first attempt was rather ridiculous looking (due to my lack of technique).......

IndigoAsh
March 20th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I start it while leaning over so I can allow it to be a little loose and than curl it into a bun while I stand up and use a mirror to just adjust it. Let us see when you get it!!