PDA

View Full Version : this site is amazing

crystal_k
March 19th, 2010, 05:04 AM
i have only just started posting and reading some amazing things on here. this site is full of amazing tips and advice, im really starting to feel that i could grow long healthy hair which i could never do before because of my own ignorance.

i cant wait to see peoples progress pics for inspiration.
:p

emmabovary
March 19th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I know what you mean! It's starting to seem possible. And yeah, this site is pure gold :D

Chrissy
March 19th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Welcome Crystal!!! I'm very glad you feel comfortable here already. Enjoy!!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 19th, 2010, 06:22 AM
don't you think :D yes yes i agree!

Capybara
March 19th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome, Crystal! :flowers:
I'm in on this one! Before I discovered LHC, I couldn't do half the styles I know now (: :cheese:

MonikaHa
March 19th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I agree, I am a new member, and I found a ton of priceless information. Not only people are willing to try ANYTHING, and write about it, but everyone is very supportive. Thank you!

crystal_k
March 19th, 2010, 07:26 AM
yep learnt knew washing techniqe . oiling , all the nasty things that damage hair.
going to try learn some up dos as never wear hair up.
cant wait to see the results of this new care in 3 mnts .yipeee.
finally respecting my hair. people on here all seem very cool

Joette
March 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I couldn't agree more. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming and the wealth of information here is just staggering. For the newbies who haven't experimented much with updo's, feel free to join the hair game (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14380). I got to my length through ignoring my hair and wearing headbands, which has caused breakage around my ears and crown. I'm trying to take better care now, and have learned several new styles by playing the game...and am making new friends, too!

JamieLeigh
March 19th, 2010, 08:51 AM
:cheese: This is indeed the most awesome site on the net. Lots of sites promise "something for everyone", but this one actually delivers it. I adore it too. :crush:

JaclynBailey
March 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I couldn't agree more! I have already noticed a marked difference in my hair since being sent here by a friend! I am CWC-ing to transition to a new way of washing and have traded in my old plastic stiff brisled brush with plastic ball tip thingies for a sturdy boar bristle brush! My hair has never been so shiny or had so much body without the frizz!

Next step- use up my cone filled products and switch to cone free!

crystal_k
March 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
im going to try cassia which i never heard of before here and see what happens would be nice suddenly to think i dont need hair dye any more but one step at a time

halo_tightens
March 19th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Yep, I agree-- this site helped me make a lot of positive changes too! Thanks to LHC, I'e given up chemical blelaches and such for pure henna and cassia. I've completely stopped using (or even wanting to use) any sort of heat whatsoever. I've learned so many natural products that work their little miracles on hair and body... and so much more!

Best of all-- made a lot of good friends, too. :flowers:

ArienEllariel
March 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I agree. If it wasn't for LHC, I'd still have horrid hair. Now, my hair is so so much better looking. It's not near where I want it to be yet in terms of length and hemline but COing, S&D, oiling, and SMTs have literally saved my hair. I actually like my hair most days when I look in the mirror now. :)

curlylocks85
March 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
I agree this site is a godsend. I love how no matter what issue you have someone has something positive to contribute, whether it is advice or support. Go LHC!

Ravenwaves 88
March 21st, 2010, 08:47 AM
Welcome! If you really enjoy seing people's hair progress I suggest you look at a Thread that Jojo started called "Take one Photo, for 1 month club!" We all take one photo of our hair each month and post out progress pics. Some of us make a collage of our pics to really see the progress month to month. You should check it out. It always inspires me.

crystal_k
March 22nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
awesome thankyou.