PDA

View Full Version : Finally over the 27" hump!

xoxophelia
March 18th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I know this isn't a big deal to some but I thought I had been stalling at 27.5".. I just measured by hair and got 28.5" and the second time about 1/4" more than that (will take the conservative measurment)

That means I am on schedule for my first mini goal :D

There is hope in the waste land that is BSL to waist. :cloud9:

Kristin
March 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Oh Thank God I'm not the only one who is stuck in the 27" range! After joining LHC, I quickly got to 27" and now I am stuck (for like 3 weeks at 27.25". Grrr. :mad:

Congrats!!! Did you do anything to get over the hump? Or just benign neglect?

clichepithet
March 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
lol - that stupid BSL stall. I just kicked it too. Now entering the Waist-Lands...

*cue evil music*

Congrats! :D

Speckla
March 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I'm here too... :)

zombi
March 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Congrats to you for a milestone! :D

xoxophelia
March 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
The milestone of finally growing after BSL haha.

Waist-Lands.. cute :D

Kristin- The same thing happened to me. I haven't been styling/brushing my hair much or washing it too frequently. I have been trying to eat more protein and maybe eating a bit more in general. I also had N1H1 last winter which turned into a bad case of bronchitis and a stressful breakup. That may have resulted in a stall :shrug:

paperwhite
March 18th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Congratulations! It feels great to get past that 27" mark and get on your way to waist length :)

freckles
March 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM
congratulations! I'm trying not to measure until the April measure-in, but like you, I'm desperate to be out of this mad 27" range. :)

JamieLeigh
March 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Awesome!! Longer lengths, here you come! Congrats. :)

Liss
March 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Oh great. So I've just started stalling in the 25" mark and now I find out that if it ever does start to grow again, I get to look forward to another stall around 27"? Oh man.

Dreams_in_Pink
March 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM
27"? :D i can only dream of that length, and you're past it!! congrats!!!

xoxophelia
March 19th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Dreams_In_Pink: You don't have to dream, if you keep it up it looks like you will have dangerously thick long hair. haha

Liss- I don't know if there has to be a 27" stall, I have just seen others stuck there and was starting to get antsy myself.

I just realized I had a dream last night where I had every hair split many times.. weird. O.O

And thanks everybody :D

myrrhmaiden
March 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Congrats! I am eager to get there too. I just hit BSL and I have stopped measuring lest I drive myself crazy. I have heard making it through the Waistlands is a long and arduous journey. I shall persevere. It's the only choice I've got!

xoxophelia
March 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Congrats! I am eager to get there too. I just hit BSL and I have stopped measuring lest I drive myself crazy. I have heard making it through the Waistlands is a long and arduous journey. I shall persevere. It's the only choice I've got!

I was at 'BSL' for a long time because there is a long range of what counts as that. So I think measuring for me helped because it doesn't really look like my hair has become any longer in recent months (to me anyways). It is still give or take around the bra strap.

We'll make it to waist :D.. And then, I can finally even out my hemline.

myotislucifugus
March 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM
out of purgatory! Congrats!

Dreams_in_Pink
March 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Dreams_In_Pink: You don't have to dream, if you keep it up it looks like you will have dangerously thick long hair. haha

You're being way too nice :D

Medievalmaniac
March 21st, 2010, 07:13 AM
It's very strange...my hair seems to be growing longer, but no matter how I measure it, it never seems to measure more than 27". Does anyone else have this phenomenon??? I'm actually a bit past waist - but not according to the tape measure. Maybe I need a different tape measure! lol Anyhow, I wanted to say, congratulations! And also, trust the pictures of length progress more than the measurements. Cameras don't lie! :)

Dreams_in_Pink
March 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
It's very strange...my hair seems to be growing longer, but no matter how I measure it, it never seems to measure more than 27". Does anyone else have this phenomenon??? I'm actually a bit past waist - but not according to the tape measure. Maybe I need a different tape measure! lol Anyhow, I wanted to say, congratulations! And also, trust the pictures of length progress more than the measurements. Cameras don't lie! :)

That's me! I measured 53 cm when my hair was just flipping on my shoulders. Now i'm way past shoulders (it almost hits APL when stretched) and my hair measures like, 54 cm? :rolleyes:

that's why i let go of the tape :D

IcarusBride
March 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Eep!! I'm at almost-25" now and I'm nervous about this 27" hump! Luckily I'll be tackling that (hopefully) during the summer months, so maybe it won't be so bad... I hope!

xoxophelia
March 21st, 2010, 12:47 PM
I really do try to be as accurate as possible, but even then I think you get error. So I measure a few times and take the smallest growth difference. And my pics do lie. Lol.. in some of them I look like I am at waist Oo.

Icarus-I think people stall at different points. As long as you stay healthy, you probably won't stall at 27" :)