PDA

View Full Version : untamed layers

Sunny_side_up
March 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hi all,

have spent the last few days with some of my shorter layers by my ear sticking up and out and being well, flicky:D Sort of annoying but im pretty much ignoring it through the day, havn't put anything on the roots region of my hair to prolong the wash period. i've also stopped using certain clips because they used to pull strands of hair out, can't think of what they're called.
Anyway, this was because i'd gone to bed with wet hair, i dont use a blow dryer and dont own hair straighteners, those of you who have shoulder length layers/slightly longer who wash in the evening how do do you wear your hair for sleep?

Kristin
March 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Well, my hair is around BSL, but I do have some layers around shoulder length. I wash before bed and just sleep on it wet. It is still damp in the morning and- since it's also fairly straight- just lays down. On the night I don't wash, sleep with it in either an English braid or one or two high cinnabuns. You might try the sleep tail thing (where you pull the top half back in a scrunchie, then all of it in a scrunchie at the nape, and another scrunchie around the length part of the way down.

Sunny_side_up
March 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks Kristin, fingers crossed for a summer growth spurt so a high bun will be on the cards in the 2nd half of the year. Thats what i always used to do back to when i had bsl. I like waves in my hair, somedays there just seems to be bits of the front randomly poking out.
Happy growing

nycstar
March 27th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I truly dislike layers... dealing with my own at present (but they're longer layers which aren't great either). I would avoid going to bed with wet hair though--this'll make your hair do all kinds of weird stuff.