PDA

View Full Version : MY first LHC Anniversary!

camirra555
March 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
So today is my one year anniversary! I’m so grateful to LHC for everything I’ve learned and all the support I’ve gotten. Lately I haven’t had time to post as much as I would like to but I still pop in every couple of days to catch up. I’ll just go over a run down of this past year for my hair. I joined March 18 2009. A few weeks later I got a trim on April 3rd. Before this I hadn’t measured my hair so I'm not sure how much she took off. After this trim, my length was 23.5. In June, after reading all the rave reviews, I decided I must try henna! I didn’t want my hair to be too red because I wanted it to look natural and red wouldn’t be natural on me but I wanted the conditioning benefits of henna so I tried a henna gloss. Later on, I graduated to one step henndigo but this made my hair too red for my liking so I then started doing the two step henndigo which I’ve had a lot of success with.

December 18 I went in for a trim and my stylist took off nearly two inches, when all I really wanted was a half inch dusting, which I told her. So, after reading the Monistat thread I decided to go for it. While using Monistat I began to experience a fair amount of shedding. In the Monistat thread I read that some people experienced this at first and that reducing the applications would help so I reduced the applications but still experienced shedding so after a month of using Monistat I decided it was worth it and I stopped near the end of January. Since stopping I continued to shed like crazy which has been really depressing. I tried massaging organic cold pressed castor oil into my scalp which didn’t do much to stop it. I never measured my circumference since joining but I wish that I had so I could see exactly how much I was losing.

Occasionally, I do braid waves by putting six braids in my hair. I recently did this for the first time since the shedding began and I was horrified at how thin each braid was compared to what it used to be prior to using Monistat. After complaining to DBF about how I really was going bald (poor guy hears about all my hair woes) he bought me a hair loss/thinning shampoo and conditioner set call Folicure. I’ve been using that for a week. Usually, I only co wash and the Folicure shampoo does have sulfates but I don’t care. Anything to stop the shedding. It is recommended to use it daily but I’ve only been using it every other day. It seems to be working but it is a bit early to tell. I may try ordering Jamaican Black Castor Oil since this is supposed to work even better than regular castor oil. Luckily, I’ve always had incredibly thick hair so it’s not extremely obvious that my hair is thinning. I hope that I get some of my thickness back. I plan not to trim again until at least December. Sorry for the novel....And now, on to the pictures!

This is the earliest hair shot I have.
it was taken mid June before I did a henna gloss (I have a pic of the after gloss in my album)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3235&pictureid=42393

This is the reddish colour that I was getting from the one step henndigo This picture is from late September

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3235&pictureid=52191

This when my stylist trimmed a bit more than I wanted. When you hair isn't that long every inch counts!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3235&pictureid=60702

And finally, this is my hair today
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3235&pictureid=67119

Ballerina_Boo
March 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair is looking lovely and healthy.:happydance:

Pixna
March 18th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Beautiful!! Such lovely curls and color!! Congratulations on your anniversary and success!! :toast:

Hana
March 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Looks lovely! :D
heres to yet more years!

DavidN
March 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Congratulations, Camirra555, on your 1st LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years! Your curls are so bouncy and healthy!

leentora
March 18th, 2010, 04:27 PM
:( I can not see the pics, is it because I am newbie?:confused:

Ryanne
March 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
:( I can not see the pics, is it because I am newbie?:confused:
Yes. You need 25+ posts (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657)to see the (unprivate) photo albums here, and that's the case with these pictures also, as the urls are taken from an album.

Happy Anniversary! :flower: Your curls are lovely.

Bethie
March 18th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Happy anniversary!! Your curls look wonderful

Shicurls
March 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is truly beautiful, curly, and shiny! I can't see any thinning, just an fyi!

freckles
March 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM
congratulations! :) you have absoloutely gorgeous curls.

Xandergrammy
March 18th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary!!! Your curls are gorgeous!

Blueneko
March 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Beautiful!!!

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Such progress !!! You have amazing hair !
I hope the shedding stops very soon

leentora
March 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Yes. You need 25+ posts (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657)to see the (unprivate) photo albums here, and that's the case with these pictures also, as the urls are taken from an album.

Happy Anniversary! :flower: Your curls are lovely.

Thanks Ryanne for that. I will just fantasize about about how about how nice it looks lol :D

Congrats on your 1yr anniversary deary :cheese:

side note: I have used castor oil two types - JBCO and EYL Black Castor Oil they are good if you are thinking of trying them out. I apply say the castor oil about 2-3 times per week lightly to my scalp mixed with a little rosemary oil.

I also add some of the castor oil to my DC weekly which does give a good shine and add luster to my hair.

Castor oil does promote hair growth and also thickens up the hair, I don't mind the promotion of hair growth as that is what I NEED but the thickening bit, I am sooooo not short of and I don't really need anymore lol

Congrats again deary :)

Garnet66
March 18th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Happy anniversary. Your hair looks great and those curls are just beautiful.

Sissy
March 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
looking good! Happy LHC anny!

FaeryTails
March 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Congratulations! You've got such gorgeous shiny curls!

camirra555
March 19th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. :) If my hair improved so much in a year, I can't wait to see what it will look like next year! I used to be really impatient with my hair growth but I am starting to enjoy the process.

Dani
March 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Oh my gosh, your hair is to die for! AWESOME. :D *you bow, I clap* :D

myotislucifugus
March 19th, 2010, 06:45 AM
It looks so lush and healthy! Congratulations!:cheese:

JamieLeigh
March 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Congratulations!!! :D Lovely hair, adoring those curlies. :crush:

camirra555
March 19th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys! All your comments made my day :D