PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else shedding?

curlylocks85
March 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I think that I am getting my spring shed. Usually when my hair is dry my shed hairs seem to stay put until washday, but lately my hair has been shedding dry left and right.

This is great thsi means by the time that summer arrives; I will have added inches and more hair to celebrate!:happydance:

anneisanne
March 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I just got out of the shower, and after combing my hair I wondered 'is everyone else shedding too?'

IndigoAsh
March 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I finally quit my shed... I swear I must have lost like half of my head of hair after my pregnancies. I'm glad it's over... now i have to deal with the new growth, which is very welcomed but still a little aggravating when trying to not look like a ruffled chicken nest.

BrightEyes
March 18th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I finally quit my shed... I swear I must have lost like half of my head of hair after my pregnancies. I'm glad it's over... now i have to deal with the new growth, which is very welcomed but still a little aggravating when trying to not look like a ruffled chicken nest.

I'm also dealing with new growth after having a baby. I'm very happy to see it coming in, but it is so difficult to deal with. It seems like everything I try to get it to lay flat doesn't work. So now I'm just trying to learn to live with my funky halo. :rolleyes:

lunagoose
March 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I am definitely shedding at the moment, I've recognized that I usually lose more hair in the autumn and spring so I am not overly concerned, sometimes I shed more if I haven't washed my hair for while or if I wear it up for prolonged periods of time.

camirra555
March 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm shedding right now but it's from Monistat (see my anniversary thread for the full explanation). I hope it stops soon!

leentora
March 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm also dealing with new growth after having a baby. I'm very happy to see it coming in, but it is so difficult to deal with. It seems like everything I try to get it to lay flat doesn't work. So now I'm just trying to learn to live with my funky halo. :rolleyes:

We are in the same boat, I got over my postnatal shedding, i was surprise that i still had hair on my head when that stop. Then the extra thickness and I am enjoying the continuous growth. I just need to tame this beast.

I need to get back to where I was before I had my lovely little bundle of joy :) ain't complaining it was all worth it.

I need to figure out what to do with this head of hair and get it to retain moisture. It can be very dry at times.

Darkhorse1
March 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Haha--just thought this as I was combing out my wet hair :D I've been shedding for the past few weeks, as have my cats. Ugh....

BrightEyes
March 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I need to figure out what to do with this head of hair and get it to retain moisture. It can be very dry at times.

Leentora, congrats on your bundle of joy! Aren't they so sweet? My hair has been really dry too, but I COed for the first time today and then put a tiny bit of coconut oil in as a leave in. All day I've had no halo, just pretty soft waves!!!!:cheese: And my hair is sooooo shiny!

I think my hair must need more moisture than I have been giving it. I'm going to continue COing and hopefully my hair will finally be happy. Just thought I'd share.

petitepraline
March 19th, 2010, 09:22 PM
haha I was thinking this while sweeping the floor this morning, noticing all the hair :)

Katurday
March 19th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I'm getting my spring shed. Had one in the fall as well. I don't mind my sheds, the summer balances it out by giving me a growth mega boost and the winter gives me the opportunity to "put it up and hide it/forget it".

IcarusBride
March 20th, 2010, 01:00 AM
I always shed, all year round, much higher than normal. I've never been able to figure out why. I think my head just doesn't hold on to hairs very tightly. Just running my fingers through my hair gently frees a dozen or so hairs. I've always have very thin (density) hair, but no problems with baldspots or anything like that.

elina333
March 20th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Thats funny, I've noticed shedding too! Great to know its not just me then ;) I seem to be having these shedding cycles... Like every 6 months or so. I was a bit worried but maybe its normal? Anyone knows? TIA!

Sunny_side_up
March 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I always shed, all year round, much higher than normal. I've never been able to figure out why. I think my head just doesn't hold on to hairs very tightly. Just running my fingers through my hair gently frees a dozen or so hairs. I've always have very thin (density) hair, but no problems with baldspots or anything like that.

I'm pretty much like that! Im treating it very gently.
If i was to wash every day i don't notice as many hairs in the shower, ive been leaving it two/three days and feel so much has come out:( Bring on the spring and summer! Want my shortest layers to reach that pony tail. Fingers crossed for growth spurts for everyone!:D
Happy growing

LadyVictoria
March 20th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I am! I usually go through a big shed twice a year (spring & fall). Thank goodness it is finally starting to taper off... and of course I can't seem to shed the hairs with split ends, that would make my biweekly S&D sessions go much faster!

hanne jensen
March 20th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I'm starting to shed now, and what's worse-I'm hitting a stall.

curlylocks85
March 20th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I am glad to know I am not the only one. It sure is funny how we shed all year long, but shed more during certain periods or seasons - I wonder why that is?

mellie89
March 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm shedding too. It has something to do with the change in the weather for me. We went from 30s to 60s here in Buffalo overnight, it seems, and it's wreaking havoc on my hair (and giving me headaches).

Oh well, every two-toned hair I shed will be replaced with a virgin one, so it's exciting for me!

Roseate
March 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mine is finally slowing down! I was shedding such buckets for a while there, I would have to clear the drain multiple times at each wash. Fistfuls of hair! It was getting a little scary, but I'm back to normal now, no harm done.

ravenreed
March 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I am shedding like mad. It is driving me crazy.

Haith
March 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yes, I'm definately shedding too! I was worrying about it a few days ago, but I guess I had just forgotten what time of year it is.

JamieRose
March 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one- I've been shedding like crazy this week!!!

Aevra
March 20th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I shed quite a bit all year 'round...is there an amount that is normal for people to shed? Maybe I"m over thinking it and working myself up about it, but when I brush my hair and clean my brush it's like I took half of my hair out in one brushing >.<

Twil
March 20th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I lost a bunch of hair in the shower today, I think I'm growing in my summer coat as well :cheese:

Does anyone have any difference in their summer/winter coats?

Mines a more golden brown than my chocolate brown winter coat. It also seems to have more volume but a lower density.

GlassEyes
March 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm shedding left and right like I'm a cat and it's time for the molt, and it's gotten worse in the past week or so.

I'm terribly surprised that my thickness hasn't seemed to go down--heck, somehow, it might've gone -up-. Don't ask me how the hell THAT happened.

JenniferNoel
March 20th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Yep me too. I looked in my sink after combing this morning and there were many shed burgundy hairs looking up at me. Spring shed is here.

urara12
March 21st, 2010, 01:14 AM
here! my hair shedding too.but getting much less nowdays.
my hair only shed a lot when I wash hair .
I hope it will be end soon.:(

Sunny_side_up
March 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
I lost a bunch of hair in the shower today, I think I'm growing in my summer coat as well :cheese:

Does anyone have any difference in their summer/winter coats?

Mines a more golden brown than my chocolate brown winter coat. It also seems to have more volume but a lower density.

I too find alot, i do a unblocking of the plug hole as well as a collection on the side of the shower. Think my summer coat becomes a slightly lighter brown(going from dark choc brown to choc brown:bluesmile Felt like more volume last year but this year the layering makes it feel well light, pony is still mini. Bring on the summer
Happy hair growing:waving:

Crinita
March 21st, 2010, 02:20 PM
I've lost about half my hair volume since the first of the year. It's depressing to say the least. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight. I've come to dread washing my hair because of the massive amounts that end up in the drain. Is it stress, health, planetary alignment? Who knows, but it would certainly be a joy if it stopped.

Madame J
March 21st, 2010, 02:36 PM
I think I might be shedding, too, which is odd because after my fall shed, my hair felt very thin for a couple months, but it still feels very thick right now.