PDA

View Full Version : Dust in hair?

Fractalsofhair
March 18th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hey, it's spring pollen season, and I'm finding loads of pollen, dust, and lint in my hair. If anyone knows of another thread, let me know, but dust is quite a popular search term. How do we deal with the lint and dust and such? I've been brushing, and washing daily. Any other tips?

Merewen
March 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Perhaps covering your hair? I may have to do this come allergy season.

SHELIAANN1969
March 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Maybe use some Anti-Hista-Mane? :henny:

laurathexplora
March 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Ugh! I'm a mail-carrier and I come home covered in dust and pollen. Especially in the warmer months. I've found that keeping my hair up in a bun helps. Any kind of loose hair, like a pony tail, or even the end of a braid will get dirty fast. Also, I don't use any styling products. Just like glue. Sticky sticky. :)

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM
oil makes dust stick to hair too !

nienna42
March 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Ow. :lol:

As for the dust issue, the thing that helps me most is to keep anything sticky out of my hair, so I rinse my conditioner out thoroughly, and I don't use any leave in conditioner, oils, or styling product. Keeping it contained (braid, bun) also helps, as does a good daily brushing.

HairColoredHair
March 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I agree with not leaving anything in your hair (oils/condish/what have you) and putting it up.

It does help!

Capybara
March 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM

This was just too funny!

Now, to answer your question, is there any way you could cover your hair with a hat or scarf? There are some really pretty ways to tie a head scarf. Some of my favourites are below:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2303418_tie-head-scarf.html

http://www.pashminainternational.com/howtotiehe.html

The neat thing about some of the scarf styles is that it makes you feel like you have extra long, swishy hair that never tangles :)

jera
March 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Hahaha !!! :D

I agree with not leaving anything in your hair (oils/condish/what have you) and putting it up.

It does help!

This is my thinking too. At least no oiling til after pollen season.

ali beast
March 20th, 2010, 12:08 AM
bleh, i have no suggestions, everyone else has good ideas... i just hope you don't have allergies like mine! i hadn't even thought about my future long hair being a trap for allergens... yikes.

ArienEllariel
March 20th, 2010, 12:15 AM
bleh, i have no suggestions, everyone else has good ideas... i just hope you don't have allergies like mine! i hadn't even thought about my future long hair being a trap for allergens... yikes.

me too! D: hopefully it won't cause problems.. I have more dog and mold problems than pollen though.