PDA

View Full Version : Need honest opinions!

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 10:57 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=67064&albumid=5138&dl=1268888159&thumb=1

My hair is 2b/c with a ponytail circumference of 4.2 inches.The 2- 2.5 inches at the bottom is thin as you can see.just above this level,roughly at BSL,it has a circumference of 2.3 inches.

I have no split or crunchy ends.I have chopped it several times before,but I get this hemline very soon.

Do you think I need a chop at BSL or a little above?

GoddesJourney
March 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I can't see the picture.

angelthadiva
March 17th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Me neither...

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Hope you can see it now.Thanks!

Rhiannon7
March 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Can't see the picture, but you must do what you think is necesary for your hair. but will post again once i can see the pic to better be able to advice.
Cardamom there is nothing to even open or see. it is completely blank.

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Can you see it now?The file is terribly small!I shall post another,if you can't see it well.

GoddesJourney
March 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Okay, now I can see. I would cut no more than an inch. I don't have a two week rule. I have a rule that says, "look at how much you think you should cut, and then cut half." Usually, you're pretty happy with half what you think you need to cut. Your hair is pretty thick. Mine is just slightly thinner than yours. I lost a lot of length by getting rid of all my layers and trying to make it too even and thick on the bottom. Honestly, it just looks unnatural and a little too blunt. This makes it look (and be) shorter. Let there be a little natural taper. One inch, no more.

angelthadiva
March 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I did see the one in your album, but it appears to be edited to change the appearance, so I'm not exactly sure what advice to give other than post a current unedited picture so we can see what you are working with ;)

cardamom
March 17th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I have just edited the background(it is the laundry you'll otherwise find there!Hair was not touched at all!)

Rhiannon7
March 17th, 2010, 11:20 PM
I'd say cut an inch to 1 1/2 inches, no more. your hair looks very thick and beautiful and i assure you 1 to 1 1/2 inches trimmed will make alot of difference.

cardamom
March 18th, 2010, 12:15 AM
That made my day!Thank you so much GoddesJourney and Rhiannon 7:)

janeytilllie
March 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Your hemline looks pretty good :) I'd say it only needs a 1 inch trim. Your hair is very beautiful.

Fiferstone
March 18th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I agree, a smaller (no more than 1 inch) trim is all you need to even it up and make the ends appear thicker. I think your hair is lovely.

Bellalalala
March 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I agree, if there's no damage, there's no need for a chop.

Even a half inch would provide a lot of added thickness. I wouldn't trim more than an inch and a half. Besides, even if you did cut off a bunch, it would just grow out unevenly anyway and end up thin again at the ends. If you want thick ends, then just snip away a tiny bit *as needed*

I'm all for big chops when they're needed, but only for damage and growing out hair dye.

Liss
March 18th, 2010, 05:25 AM
I agree with others here. I think 1" will make a huge difference. Then if it still feels or looks like it needs a bit more, wait a month and try with another 1" trim. I think that any more than that would be un-necessary.

The smallest trims can make a huge difference, even if they are only successful in tidying up the hemline.

myotislucifugus
March 18th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I agree with everyone. Try a microtrim first and see if that helps.
(I'm a tad jealous of your ponytail circumference)

CrisDee
March 18th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I was also thinking 1" max - and you do have lovely hair! :flower:

jivete
March 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I have chopped it several times before,but I get this hemline very soon.

Your hair may just grow unevenly. I know mine does. If that is the case I wouldn't recommend trimming very much since your hem will just be uneven again as it grows and you'd have lost length for nothing. If the hem bothers you, you could try micro-trimming on a regular basis or doing a larger 1/2" trim every 3-4 months. It may just be uneven until you're ready to maintain at a certain length.

coscass
March 18th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I'd say cut an inch to 1 1/2 inches, no more. your hair looks very thick and beautiful and i assure you 1 to 1 1/2 inches trimmed will make alot of difference.

I agree with this! Your hair is very thick and beautiful, and a tiny trim will do wonders for you.

cardamom
March 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks every one!Finally I chopped off about 1 inch.It looks fine,though it is bit greasy for an exact opinion.

I wonder why it tapers abruptly from top to bottom...

4.2 inches close to the scalp and 3.5 inches or less just 3 inches below this level.If I make a semi up do,my nape hairs don't reach APL.

Is it damage,new hairs sprouting or non uniform growth?:confused:

I have been trying to make a bushy hemline by chopping off,but I finally end up with the same hem.I think i am never going to reach my goal if I keep my hemline even.

melikai
March 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I would recommend doing small trims every month or so, just about your growth rate or less, until your ends have thickened up, and then continuing to grow longer. :)