PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, would you cut ? (pics)

Sweetness
March 17th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I have unwanted "layers" due to before LHC damage. In fact, the upper hair is mostly shorter than the under hair... and this drives me nuts and looks really bad when my hair is down.

I am really focussing on health rather than lenght... but I do want healthy BSL hair and eventually waist, if I can make it someday...

I have been thinking about cutting a big chop to get to a point where I can even out most layers when I trim and have a thicker hemline, less short hair everywhere.

Right now, I S & D the upper layers as much as I can, but I wish I could trim them with the rest (They feel much more dry & brittle too... heat damage is bad :(

The thing is, I want to have really beautiful hair in 6 months / 1 year from now. I have a project I want to be beautiful for :oops: (don't care too much what I look like now...). I know I won't be at waist yet, but I want the most beautiful hair I can have anyways.

Do you think my hair would look better in 6 months if I trim most of this ugly "many layers of damage" now ?

If I wait 6 months and cut it right before ? Just leave it and baby it with regular trims of the "under less damaged hair" + S&D on upper layer ??

I doesn't always show so much, but sometimes the "upper hair" sticks out and looks really really nasty because it's the less healthy hair on my head, unfortunately :(

MandaMom2Three
March 17th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Honestly, I think your hair looks lovely :shrug:. I wouldn't cut it all myself, but if you think a trim would help, start small. Take an inch off and wait a while. When I was growing out some layers, finding an updo or two I liked and keeping my hair up most of the time helped a lot, if I couldn't see my layers, it was easier to ignore them :p

Bellalalala
March 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
See, I'm on the opposite side of the fence.

I'm all for chopping off what you don't want and babying what's left for optimal growth. I know that splits spread up my hair shaft very, very quickly, so I have to attack them furiously.
If I had damaged ends lying around, I would just be asking for trouble because those ends would be splitting faster than I could possibly keep up with with S&D.

Even my fine, brittle, fragile hair doesn't split much when it's babied, so the last cut I had was in June, and I've stayed on top of my splits since.

It's your decision, but I really think that you have more than enough length to look lovely 6 months from now even if you cut of several inches.

It's a very personal choice, but for what it's worth, I vote to chop off the damage. You don't want to keep it long term, so why let it sit there allowing more and more splits to accrue?

Catladyintown
March 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I agree with MandaMom2Three trim 1 or 2 inches the most. Wait for a month if you can not stand after one month then go for the cut. Your hair does look healthy and gorgeous, but if layers are driving you crazy I would trim slowly every other month. HTH

invisiblebabe
March 17th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I am usually pro-chop (haha) when I think the hair warrants it, but with you, I think your hair looks nice as it is. Trim it an inch, that might make the ends feel better.

Quixii
March 17th, 2010, 07:22 PM
:confused: Your hair looks great to me. As others have said, maybe trim an inch or two to settle your mind, but it looks fine in the pictures. :)

IndigoAsh
March 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I think your hair looks just fine. I agree that if you HAVE to cut than 2 inches max. Looking good. My layers are driving me nutty also, and I plan on doing a trim when I reach classic/mid thigh/and knee.

MandyBeth
March 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Growing out from nothing here. It's very tempting to cut all the "mess" off, but try just 1/2" to 1" trim. Even if you go every 6-8 weeks. Far easier to not cut enough than cut too much. But I also love your hair right now!

Lady Mary
March 17th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Your hair looks great to me :confused:

Beansidhe
March 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I agree with some of the other comments, it really looks good! I can see where it's a little more damaged, but it really doesn't look bad at all (you should see my old heat damage, it's far worse!). Maybe try cutting just a couple of inches, you will probably be amazed at the difference! I just did an inch and it did wonders for making my hair look healthier. If it still bothers you after a smaller trim, you can always trim more until you feel good about it. I say don't do anything drastic, start small and work your way up until you are happy with how healthy it is. :)

Fireweed
March 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I think your hair looks great, why not leave it alone until the big event and then maybe cut a little just before.

Sweetness
March 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
This is another pic where it might be more visible (depends how my weird 3a hair dries...) see what I mean ?

doodlesmart
March 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
If you decide not to cut, have you considered making half-ups a regular style? I have the opposite problem, in that my top layer is the nicest, which means that when I wear half ups, they don't look as good because all that nice hair is hidden away. So, if you pulled that top layer up then the difference wouldn't stick out nearly as much.

ChloeDharma
March 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I've looked repeatedly and i still can't see this so-called damage :s
In your last pic (top of this page) i can see the underneath layers have dried straighter, but you could just damp bun your hair when you have washed or misted it to fix that.
What damage do you actually have? Is it dryness? Splits? You could do a 6 month updo challenge leaving the length soaking in something like coconut oil.....i did that on my hair when it was chemically processed and it worked wonders, misting it daily helps increase moisture levels too. Hennaing would give it a lovely glossy look, or cassia if you don't want the colour commitment.
Personally i wouldn't cut, a little trim MAYBE, but only i'd say half an inch not even an inch or two as it just doesn't look like it needs an actual cut. If you trim half an inch every 2 or 3 months it will help you grow out the layers while still gaining length.

MandaMom2Three
March 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM
This is another pic where it might be more visible (depends how my weird 3a hair dries...) see what I mean ?

Ok, that's more clear I think. :hmm: I'd still say 2 inches tops myself, and baby the new ends, maybe oiling and keeping them protected in buns and such until you get more length. Just what I'd do.

talecon
March 17th, 2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.dayza.com/Users-Photos/1268876308.jpg (http://www.dayza.com/file/Users-Photos/1268876308.jpg/1.html)

my hair was just like that and yea I cut it and dont regret it one bit, it looks way thicker and healthier. It didnt look so bad in the first few pics you posted but with the looks of this one I would definitely cut it, no offense. I debated over cutting my stick straight ends that refused to curl like the rest of my hair for a long time before I did it and no one understood why I cut it but to me it looked and felt much better

Addy
March 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm big on chopping my own hair of layers and old color but I don't see the need for such a drastic chop for you. I agree that you should wear it up more often and just forget about it! If you cut to APL, you are never gonna feel you have long hair in 6 months! Trust me, I know! My hair grows FAST! Just isn't going to happen for you or me!

If you want to get rid of the layers, go an inch or two at a time. But since you want long hair in 6 months, I would not cut it to APL. <no offense APL'ers!> :D

I just looked at your pics and they are beautiful!

Demetrue
March 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I would only take off the 2 bottom inches, then just take off an inch every two months till you get rid of the bottom layer. Your hair actually looks very beautiful. I am sure it will look amazing in 6 months' time.

myrrhmaiden
March 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
If you are determined to cut, don't do any more than 2 inches. ;)

Carolyn
March 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hair growing is a process. We all go through awkward stages. This could be one of yours. I don't think a big cut up to the lines you drew is necessary at all. I'd put it up and forget it for a month or two and then see. If you feel you must cut, then do just a little trim. So often much less is needed than we think.

Yarn Muse
March 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
You have pretty hair! I do see what you mean about the ends, and honestly if it were me I'd cut just a bit...like an inch. Then I would wait a few weeks, baby the new ends, and perhaps cut another inch later on. If you do just a little at a time, you probably won't regret it as much as a big chop.

Whatever you decide, happy growing!

rusika1
March 17th, 2010, 08:15 PM
When it was me (started with a boy cut pixie), I kept getting trims until everything was the same length. Pick a length you think you can live with for a while--like top of your bra strap--and keep getting the bottom layers trimmed to that length until the short layers catch up.

It might feel like you've stalled, but it's worth it in the long :D run. Besides, it's so much easier to work with hair that's the same length.

Giggy2
March 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I think your hair is beautiful, but if you feel the need, trim it, but don't cut to that extreme.

Your curl is lovely! :)

mimi1153
March 17th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I think your hair looks great, I agree with no cut!!!

invisiblebabe
March 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.dayza.com/Users-Photos/1268876308.jpg (http://www.dayza.com/file/Users-Photos/1268876308.jpg/1.html)

Seeing that, I'd trim it 2 inches or so, as well as try some different ways of getting the ends to curl more.

LoversLullaby
March 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM
You have beautiful hair, but it could be in need of a small cut. I'd see how an inch feels at first, and if it's not enough go back and cut more. Like my mom always says, you can cut more hair off but you can't put hair back on!!

Peter
March 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Based on the original pictures, I wouldn't cut. Based on the extra one you posted, I probably would. It depends on how often it dries that way and how easy it would be to get it to look like the first few pictures you posted.

Something I've noticed is that thin ends look far less scraggly and in need of a trim when the hair is really curly. I don't know what special occassion occurs in 6 months, but if your hair only needs to look good for a day or two, I would suggest trying to curl it and seeing how that looks.

SurprisingWoman
March 17th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I love blunter, healthier hair. If it were me I could cut.

I am sure you will make the right decision for you.

xoxo

Sweetness
March 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you for all the comments !

Actually, my hair is usually up for now. The bottom hair is pretty healthy and soft, not broken, etc.

The problem is the upper layer, which would need the "more regular" trim that I can't give other then by S & D'ing... and I most of all don't want to have it more damaged than it is... I don't want it stalling up there and the rest getting longer...

I sort of feel like I need to make these two sections "meet" in order to really grow it all long and healthy

As for the damage : most of what was very damaged is not there anymore (that's the upper layer missing I think...)

I still find some splits here and there, but it's gotten MUCH less frequent and MUCH less damaged (as in a 2 way split after a good search, not 9 and a dot all the way up every time I look at my hair ... :P )

But I do have some "dry" feeling on that UPPER layer. It just feels like hair that is not perfectly healthy... and that doesn't accept to be hydrated easily. I think I still have a few (but not much) of that upper layer that will have to go because the cuticle has been fried ... I'll work on that with time

And that's why I'm thinking about getting that upper hair on the bottom with the rest of my hair... so that it's easier to keep healthy and correctly trimmed until all damage is really gone ...

As for the question "does it show"... not much actually. My hair usually curls like in the first pictures (bun curls) and is a very tight 3a curls (when I let it)... so it doesn't show that much. Don't know why the bottom got so strait on that picture, but it does show the problem

You see, my goal is long term. It's not so much what I look like now (but I need hair lower than the shoulders though !), as the fact that I want to grow healthy hair, that feels and looks healthy, and that is easily maintained healthy...

Trimming a 2 layer hair (as mine is now) is sooo frustrating, I feel like those "bad ends" in the middle of my head will never reach the rest :-(

I might go for the 2 inches cut and keep it up 6 months... but I'll sleep on it first :p

Thank you so much everyone for your ideas ... it helps to think and get a little perspective on my crazy head of untamed hair !

pennyroyal
March 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
i love the curlies but i see what you mean. maybe a teeny tiny trim but i don't think you need more than that. your hair is beautiful!

chloeishere
March 17th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Based on your first post pictures, I wouldn't have cut at all. Maybe an inch if the ends felt bad even though they looked okay.

But with the second picture, I can really see how the damage is screwing up your curls, and it doesn't look as good. I would probably cut off at least two inches, and get rid of the worse of the damage. I probably wouldn't chop it all the way back off (to where you were indicating in your first post), but I would cut off a few inches, see if that helped the feeling and appearance of what remains, and if it didn't, take the rest of the really damaged areas in a few weeks or a month.

If a few inches did the trick, I wouldn't cut again until the ends start feeling lousy.

I am also making this suggestion based on what I would do (and I trim my own hair for free); you can't put it back if you take off too much, but you can always trim more. I would probably take off more at once if I were paying someone a decent amount of money to cut it, though.

P.S. I didn't read any of the other replies until after I posted, looks like I agree with most people! Good luck with your decision!

vindo
March 17th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Second time I suggest this today, but have a look at this article : Even hemline without loosing length (http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.com/2010/03/even-hemline-without-loosing-length.html)

It depends on you though, some just want thick ends NOW, and of course that does not work with this method but it is producing better results long term than "chop 'n grow". :)

Teacherbear
March 17th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I love your waves and curls! BEAUTIFUL!! I wish my hair looked like that!

I'd suggest you start with no more than 2 inches cut off. You can do it yourself using Feye's Self Trimming or get someone else to do it for you. I've found that taking off less than I think I need removed can make a HUGE difference. It always amazes me how much a 1 or 2 inch trim can make such a big difference.

GoddesJourney
March 17th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Personally, I would cut about half way to where that line is because I like cutting stuff off like that. Any higher than that, though, and I feel it would be wasted cutting. You really don't need to chop as much as you think. It is my personal belief that people typically think they need to cut about twice what would actually get the job done. It seems like you want to really thicken up your ends. Take that line you have and lower it. That's plenty.

Rhiannon7
March 17th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I agree, you have beautiful hair, now if you feel you need a chop, cut a couple of inches, baby all the hair extremely then wait a month and if you still feel you need to get a big chop go ahead and do it. but first take a few weeks to decide. just trim a couple of inches and do extreme babying of your hair. but i think it looks lovely.

Do you use cones? if you do i know this product that was a miracle for me, L'oreal Nature's therapy mega moisture (green cap) you can find it at sally's and it trully saves the hair, at least helps to breathe a bit while you decide what to do. also alot of SMT's can help to fix the *i hate my damaged layers* it won't undamage the hair but it will give you a bit of time to decide what to do. use alot of buns it also helps to keep your mind off the damaged hair.

IcarusBride
March 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I think your hair looks lovely. If the layers are bothering you, then you should do what you feel is best, but honestly from these pictures I can't see any layers at all.

TinaDenali
March 17th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I think your hair looks fabulous, to be honest.
But I struggle with the same lament - to cut or not to cut? Wait until goal, then cut? Cut now? SO MANY QUESTIONS!! :)
I would say cut it - BUT since you've got something you're growing it out for I'd say to leave it be. Once this project is over, then you can chop. That's what I would do, anyhow :)
Good luck!

melikai
March 18th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I don't think it looks like damaged hair - it just looks very dry. I would trim a small amount - maximum 1" - and either do CO or else very frequent conditioning treatments on your length, focusing on those areas. Another thing which may help is to do weekly mild acid rinses (vinegar or citric acid), but very mild ones. The acidity helps with porous hair.

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 11:47 AM
After thinking about it and weighing the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and cut to even out most of the layers (I cut by myself, ain't perfect, but not too bad, I'm amazed !! :cheese:) ...

This gets me back to APL ... but it does feel much better. My hair feel very happy, untangled, and my hemline feel very thick... much softer too.

Since I joined LHC, I feel my hair is getting healthier than most people I meet, and this makes me happy with my progress :oops: Anyone has this feeling too ?

My plan is to baby it as mush as possible, wear it up up up almost constantly and dust the ends every couple weeks ; only dusting until the big day (between 6 months / 1 year from now) and a good evening out of the hemline right before.

It does feel short, but I think it'll be worth it considering how my hair felt before and how it feels now. I'll now get to trim that "bad hair" I couldn't really reach before with my trims, and I'm sure it'll grow easier and fuller this way.

I guess I must just be patient now...

Thank you everyone for your ideas and comments ! I know many wont agree with the cut, and that I didn't wait much before doing it :oops:

This said, every comment was enormously appreciated. Thank you so much for and happy growing everyone !

And because we all love pictures to illustrate ... (:

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think it looks like damaged hair - it just looks very dry. I would trim a small amount - maximum 1" - and either do CO or else very frequent conditioning treatments on your length, focusing on those areas. Another thing which may help is to do weekly mild acid rinses (vinegar or citric acid), but very mild ones. The acidity helps with porous hair.

Thank you for this ! I have been doing major conditioning / ACV rinses, etc. since I came here, and yes it is getting much better. I will keep on babying until all fried hair is gone (and ... forever :p)

Thank you also for every nice comment and every suggestion that was made by everyone. I greatly appreciate and I will follow the recommendations to take better care of my hair !

MandaMom2Three
March 18th, 2010, 12:03 PM
It looks beautiful Sweetness!

Nightshade
March 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I vote for a 1-2 inch trim and perhaps bun curling or plopping the ends to make them look fuller :)

Have you read the Damaged Hair article in my siggy? It may help you get your hair back on track :flowers:

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much MandaMom2Three !

I vote for a 1-2 inch trim and perhaps bun curling or plopping the ends to make them look fuller :)

Have you read the Damaged Hair article in my siggy? It may help you get your hair back on track :flowers:

Yes I have, and I have been doing mostly everything in there ! Thank you for writing it (:

Capybara
March 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Honestly, your hair looks beautiful! The curls are very romantic.

In my experience, it's more difficult to see damage in curly hair, and both layers and blunt hemlines look lovely in curly hair. If you do have damage, I would suggest trimming it off to ensure that it doesn't get worse. Even 1/2"-1" can make a world of difference. In 6 months, your hair will most likely have grown back to, or even passed, the length you cut off.

HTH :flower:

share801
March 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think your cut looks great!

Sunny_side_up
March 18th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hi:)

you have very nice hair, like some others have said i think maybe wait a month, then do a very small trim. The littlest things can make such a difference
Happy hair growing:waving:

Islandgrrl
March 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I think the cut looks awesome.

Now just pamper the heck out of it. Have you considered joining the Hair Up challenge (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1016583#post1016583)? I have loads of damage (and layers) in the bottom 1/3 of my hair - wearing it up every day has enabled me to preserve the length, avoid breakage and additional damage, and follow Nightshade's plan for growing out damaged hair. It all helps!

Sweetness
March 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I think the cut looks awesome.

Now just pamper the heck out of it. Have you considered joining the Hair Up challenge (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1016583#post1016583)? I have loads of damage (and layers) in the bottom 1/3 of my hair - wearing it up every day has enabled me to preserve the length, avoid breakage and additional damage, and follow Nightshade's plan for growing out damaged hair. It all helps!

I'll join ! :cheese:

heads to other thread -->

Pagancat
March 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I think your cut looks great!

camirra555
March 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I think your hair looks good! I wouldn't trim more than an inch if I were you

Cleopatra18
March 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM
i really cant think anything wrong with ur hair..i just dont think u shud do ANY trims at all...and u cud be rly close to waist by 6 months

klcqtee
March 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Your hair doesn't look terribly damaged, it just looks a little thin on the ends. If it's really bothering you, I'd say chop off 1 or 2 inches now, and re-evaluate in 6 months. If you're still not happy in 6 months, cut off another inch.

shockinglength
March 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
If it was me I would chop it <3

LadyJennifer
March 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
It looks great to me! Like others said, if you feel you *need* to trim, just trim 1-2 inches.

Speckla
March 18th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I must have looked at the wrong pix?? Your hair looks good. I wouldn't do more than a trim or two.

ArienEllariel
March 18th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I personally wouldn't trim, but then again, I can feel your pain. The top portion of my hair is riddled with breakage and sticks out something awful. I'm babying it and S&Ding when I can just to try and minimize further damage. Once I get to BSL I may maintain until I can grow it out and even it up a bit. It is a hard decision to make but for me I'd rather take as much care of my hair as I can now and cut later.

Yarn Muse
March 18th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Sweetness, your curls are just beautiful! Good job on the cut. I just trimmed mine last week and it wasn't even quite to APL but I'm glad I got rid of most of the layers. It feels good to have it mostly one length, I agree.

Happy growing, and thanks for sharing photos of your lovely hair.

julliams
March 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
i have a similar dilemma to you. I guess it depends on how you feel about hair at that shorter length. For me, that just below shoulder is my one pet hate for my hair so I just can't do it.

For you, I really can't see the damage - you might be able to feel it and see it more close up. As far as beautiful hair goes, I think you have beautiful hair right now. I would go with the 1 - 2 inches if you absolutely have to but I really don't think you need to.

Phalaenopsis
March 19th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't cut that much. I suggest a little trim if you really want to, but your hair looks great. Just a bit thinner on the ends, but with your curls it looks nice.

jivete
March 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Your hair looks great to me :confused:

I agree. I'm not seeing the damage. If you have layers that sometimes misbehave and look damaged, a dusting on them and a micro-trim on your longest length might help. But I think your hair looks great as it is.

myotislucifugus
March 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I think it's lovely. My vote is microtrim regularly and baby the bejeezus out of it. I think it looks pretty, and will only improve with the next 6 months.:)

Sweetness
March 19th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Thank you so much again, everyone, for those nice comments and ideas (:

I did cut a little (pictures on page 4). It feels short, but better. And hopefully in 6 months it'll look even better with some extra babying !

The pictures might not show the problem so well, but believe me, it'll be much easier to care for without those 2 layers doing opposite things !

lesbia
March 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
no no no :D

Deborah
March 19th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think you made a wise choice. Your hair looked good before, but now it looks great! :flower:

LadyJennifer
March 19th, 2010, 10:44 PM
After thinking about it and weighing the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and cut to even out most of the layers (I cut by myself, ain't perfect, but not too bad, I'm amazed !! :cheese:) ...

This gets me back to APL ... but it does feel much better. My hair feel very happy, untangled, and my hemline feel very thick... much softer too.

Since I joined LHC, I feel my hair is getting healthier than most people I meet, and this makes me happy with my progress :oops: Anyone has this feeling too ?

My plan is to baby it as mush as possible, wear it up up up almost constantly and dust the ends every couple weeks ; only dusting until the big day (between 6 months / 1 year from now) and a good evening out of the hemline right before.

It does feel short, but I think it'll be worth it considering how my hair felt before and how it feels now. I'll now get to trim that "bad hair" I couldn't really reach before with my trims, and I'm sure it'll grow easier and fuller this way.

I guess I must just be patient now...

Thank you everyone for your ideas and comments ! I know many wont agree with the cut, and that I didn't wait much before doing it :oops:

This said, every comment was enormously appreciated. Thank you so much for and happy growing everyone !

And because we all love pictures to illustrate ... (:

Before the cut

http://www.dayza.com/Users-Photos/1268934131.jpg (http://www.dayza.com/file/Users-Photos/1268934131.jpg/1.html)

After the cut (totally unstyled though, as it's been bunned with oil all day :oops:)

http://www.dayza.com/Users-Photos/1268933986.jpg (http://www.dayza.com/file/Users-Photos/1268933986.jpg/1.html)

http://www.dayza.com/Users-Photos/1268934005.jpg (http://www.dayza.com/file/Users-Photos/1268934005.jpg/1.html)

It looks great! I see what you mean, the hemline is much thicker, and your hair looks healthier now (though I didn't think it looked terrible before)

adiapalic
March 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM
You hair looks fairly healthy from what I can tell. If the outside, shorter layer is a bit more damaged, I would use a few drops of EVOO to coat your dampened hair a few times a week--from my experience this softens dry/brittle hair a great deal.

I would only go with a small trim of half an inch a month or so, and only trim as much as 3". If your hair grows at the average rate of 1/2" a month, you'll just be maintaining your current length while letting the layers catch up over time. If you use oils, and be gentle and patient with your hair, it should thicken some over the next 6 months. :flower:

ETA: Oops, didn't realize you had made your decision already! :o

curlylocks85
March 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
If it were my hair, I would have the ends evened up, no more than an inch all around, but I would not cut any shorter than that.

Chamomile betty
March 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
The little trim made your ends look so much fuller. You have beautiful hair.
I have grown out layers and it can be so difficult. I think little dustings really helped me get to one length.

3azza
March 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM
no, don't cut, i think it can wait...