PDA

View Full Version : I want some bangs :(

Cleopatra18
March 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM
i have a round face and im completely sick of the long side-swept ones...i dont know ive always wanted some bangs like this one..http://i29.tinypic.com/avrd5k.jpg
but im afraid they wont look good on me and obviously its thick so i think ill have to cut more of my hair to have this thickness..im also worried that my stylist wont do it right and ill just lose length 4 nothing :(
wat do you think and do you have any other suggestions 4 bangs other than the side swept ones that you think will look good on round face???

LoveMyLongHair
March 17th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Cleopatra18,

I am right there with you! I have a round face, too. I let my bangs grow out and now am doing the side swept thing.........but am really wanting bangs, again.

Cleopatra18
March 17th, 2010, 02:58 PM
i know im growing em out too :/ i cut them last summer nd the result wasnt so great :/ i just dont know i cant accept that ill never get some cute bangs like these..

hendrix.co
March 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I think the bangs are so cute but I would need to see a picture of you to give my opinion as I don't think everyone can rock these.

Bellalalala
March 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
You can always pick up some clip-in bangs to make sure that they suit you and you won't get sick of them.

I always fall into the trap of cutting bangs, even though I know that my front cow-lick makes them impossible to manage. They look so good on me though that I keep cutting them, thinking "this time, yes this time, I won't mind having to straighten them every single day"

It never happens, I always regret them and spend forever growing them out.

mellie89
March 17th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I know a girl in one of my classes with gorgeous hair past her waist and she has bangs like that. They are blunt but one side is longer. She parts them on the side that is shorter and sweeps them to the side a little. Her face is round and she rocks those bangs like crazy! (Can you tell I'm jealous? :p)

I would make them slightly less thick, because personally, as a ii, I would not want to lose that much thickness to bangs.

Leena7
March 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I really love those bangs in the picture! I think that if your face is round, you should go for ones similar to those. I think blunt bangs could work if they get longer at the sides of your face to frame it a bit. I have bangs and I love them.

HintOfMint
March 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Another factor may be forehead height. I have bangs but I have a round face and a relatively low forehead, so I am resigned to the sideswept species. However, they are just below my eyelashes, so length-wise, they are close to normal bangs, and quite close to the picture you showed. I just style them so that a triangle of my forehead shows. It looks great, brings out my cheekbones and jawline. The picture you showed might work, and if it doesn't, you can part it in a certain way to be more flattering. I know you're sick of sideswept bangs, but at least they are a perennially flattering look. And to be honest, if you have a round face, odds are that it will be more flattering if at least SOME of your forehead shows.

Try looking up Brigitte Bardot. From what I can tell, she has a round face and has some wispy bangs that are closer to traditional bangs but still flattering.

Hope I was helpful

Heavenly Locks
March 18th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I've got thick bangs :) I decided that I liked the bangs on me more than the thickness. They add so much to my look that I don't mind sacrificing some of the thickness. :shrug:

LoveMyLongHair
March 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
[quote=Bellalalala;1016265]You can always pick up some clip-in bangs to make sure that they suit you and you won't get sick of them.

I have looked into the clip in bangs, for that very reason, to 'just see'. I have fairly high forehead, so bangs always work on me. It just seems like when I do cut them, my hair growth slows down, as I have seen others say, my longer hair seems to sympathize with the cut hair and slows down.

Since my bangs are growing, my hair is too. Strange.

My problem with getting them is my hair color, I have a 'mixture' so to speak (naturally), so I think it would be really hard to match. but am leaning toward trying Henna or Cassia or both, and once I do that and have a 'constant' color, it might be easier, then.

Cleopatra18
March 18th, 2010, 09:20 AM
thank you all 4 the responses! i have just made an album with my old bangs and the ones i had in summer..plz feel free to see them and tell me what do you think! im so tempted to cut my bangs again so ur opinions are most appreciated :)

TinaDenali
March 18th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I really like the bangs in that picture! They are really cute :)
Is your hair straight and thick like hers? If it's not you're going to have to use some product and probably have to use heat (dryer/straightener) to achieve that look. Is that something you're willing to do often?
Also, I *always* think that I want bangs and then I cut them and remember how much I hate having them. They are a pain to keep up and there's few options when you don't feel like making them look nice one day. A couple months ago I really wanted bangs again, so I just cut a couple face framing layers (myself) starting at about chin length. It satisfied my need for bangs. :)

Cleopatra18
March 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
oh im really interested in how did u cut them 4 urself.did u use some tutorial video or something? :/ also my hair is wavier and i could get her thickness with the right hair cut.however my hair isnt great when air dried so i usually just got 4 an updo..thought some hot bangs will add to my look..(i dont mind styling my bangs 4 as long as it takes..better than styling ALL my hair)

Capybara
March 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
The bangs in your pictures look great (:

I think you could do both side swept bangs, as well as blunt bangs.

If you're interested, here is a tutorial of a girl who cuts her own bangs, which can be styled to look both like side bangs as well as blunt bangs. I think they're really pretty and versatile, and would work well with your face shape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-g3lrhzE

Hope this helps! :flower:

TinaDenali
March 18th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Cleopatra-
I didn't use a tutorial or anything, I've been cutting my hair for a long time.
I start with wet hair and part it down the middle. I comb it with a fine tooth comb down towards my face so it's kinda sticking on my cheeks. Then, I simply snip at the front hair - in a downward motion to create the face framing layers. Oh, that probably doesn't make any sense!
At any rate - I basically cut some long, side swept bangs that are about chin length. They are long enough to incorporate into my hair when braiding, bunning, etc - but short enough that when it's down it gives a that little flare that bangs deliver. I think if you just go to a stylist and tell them that's what you want they could do that for you pretty easy without messing too much up! :) Always bring pictures - that helps.

Hope that helps! :)