PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate experiment ?

Aeltt
March 17th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Dark chocolate is composed by cocoa butter, sugar and cocoa.
It contains lot of antioxidant, magnesium, potassium and calcium.

Cocoa butter is good for the hair, right ?
Antioxidant is good for the growth, right ?
Magnesium prevents hair loss, right ?

:D

So I was thinking of a hair mask with jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, honey, conditioner (without coney and sulfate) and adding some dark chocolate (melted) to it…
Or maybe cocoa powder : I’m afraid dark chocolate would harden while it’s on my hair => cause damages :confused:

Dark chocolate or cocoa powder ?
Did someone ever tried something similar ?
(or should i go back to homework and forget it ? :p)

Aquamarine
March 17th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I haven't tried anything like this but your hair mask sounds so Yummy!Good luck!:p

BelleBot
March 17th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I've used dark chocolate in my henna mixes before. Never did any harm as far as I can tell. And I also use cocoa powder as a dry shampoo as it smells nice and doesn't make my hair look grey like talc does.

I wouldn't worry about chocolate hardening on your hair. The melting point of chocolate is around 36 degrees C which is slightly lower than body temp. So as long as your hair is kept close to your head and covered it'll stay melted. Plus given you plan to mix it with oils and what not it most definitely won't set and go hard.

Good luck if you go ahead with it. I don't know what benefits you'll get as the antioxidants and magnesium probably won't be absorbed though the hair shaft. But it's worth a try. At least you'll smell nice.

ktani
March 17th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cocoa powder as a dry shampoo thread
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=29787

little_cherry
March 18th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I've mixed dark chocolate (99% cocoa) with olive oil, coconut oil and lavender EO- it was BLISS :)

Sabayon
March 18th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Dark chocolate is composed by cocoa butter, sugar and cocoa.
It contains lot of antioxidant, magnesium, potassium and calcium.

Cocoa butter is good for the hair, right ?
Antioxidant is good for the growth, right ?
Magnesium prevents hair loss, right ?

Well, I'm not saying this wouldn't be good for your hair, but antioxidants and magnesium aren't going to do any good applied externally. These are things which strengthen growing hair from the inside out. What I am saying is, to get the full benefits of chocolate for your hair, you need to eat it :D

little_cherry
March 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
....What I am saying is, to get the full benefits of chocolate for your hair, you need to eat it :D
No problems there! :D hehehe!

"you can masque your chocolate and eat it too!"

Aeltt
March 18th, 2010, 10:49 AM
ok thanks everyone ^^

I'll try out this week end (especially for the smell).. and eat more chocolate :D (is it even possible at my point..? i wonder.)

valrhona
March 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Don't forget that chocolate also contains iron and calcium! :D

Twil
March 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I've put melted chocolate into my hair before, turned out real well. But if you put milk or oil it in, it won't firm back up, so it just mixes liek a DT

MonikaHa
March 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
This recipe sounds yummy :) Let us know how it went!

Aeltt
March 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
It went well, but it left the length greasy..

Maybe i should have shampooed instead of CO to remove it.. :shrug: