PDA

View Full Version : Texture Change as Hair Grows?

Sha-na-na
March 16th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced a texture change in their hair as it grows. My hair is on my way to hip-length (TBL), and I have noticed that the last 3 inches of my hair is starting to spiral. Now, I have always had a "flip" of sorts at the end. Whenever I cut it, the flip remained, but these are tighter spirals, and even when I comb my fingers through them, they do not disappear.

How odd. I have always had 1B (one body wave) to 1C (after oiling) hair, but these last few inches are really curling up on me. I am quite surprised.

If I cut it back, I do believe my spirals will disappear. It just seems that at this length now (33-34"), the texture is changing rather dramatically. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it common?

TinaDenali
March 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM
My hair totally changes depending on the length.
I had short hair (a chin length bob) a year and a half ago and it was pretty much straight with a few wonky places where it would wave one way or the other.
Now that my hair is just a tad below BSL it's VERY wavy and has started to spiral in the front.
Strange!!

urara12
March 17th, 2010, 01:13 AM
My hair changes depending on the length,
my hair tend to straight and silky if my hair pass the BSL which
I don't like straight :(
now I am APL and still bit coarse & just little wavy.

Lemur_Catta
March 17th, 2010, 02:23 AM
When my hair was short (shoulder and above) it was significantly wavier. Now that it is waist length, it is almost poker straight, that depends on how I treat it while drying. If I finger comb 2-3 times during air drying, it is basically 1a.
It still holds waves very well though, especially braid waves.

paisley
March 17th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Yeah i notice that too. At shoulder length, my hair is a disobedient wavy. At BSL it's curly. And going to waist lenght my hair has some apparent spirals in the ends. I guess this is why some people suit different cuts better, because it enhances curliness in different ways.